Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Mackail-Smith - what price?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Has it been deleted for some strange reason?
[/quote]

Looks like they''ve all been merged into this thread which is probably a good idea [:)]

[/quote]

Wait until Bly notices thery have been merged and off we will go with yet another one.[;)]

There are still rumors that a deal will be completed by thursdays deadline for loan signings for CMS as we have offered an extra £500,000 depending on promotion, but thats rumors for you as Chris Martin should be fully recovered from his injury maybe Lambert will go with him or maybe depending on how he performs for Canada in his international game Jackson.

Bristol Today have an article saying we''re "expected to try again" re: CMS. I personally think it''s just lazy journalism rather than something they know we don''t. I think the deal is dead.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Bristol Today have an article saying we''re "expected to try again" re: CMS. I personally think it''s just lazy journalism rather than something they know we don''t. I think the deal is dead.
[/quote]

They have a vested interest in seeing CMS leave though, don''t Bristol Rovers play Peterborough this friday?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Looks like they''ve all been merged into this thread which is probably a good idea [:)]

[/quote]

Wait until Bly notices thery have been merged and off we will go with yet another one.[;)]

[/quote]

You''ve forgotten your italics Ploddy. Mind that slippery slope!

Maybe if we had one thread entitled Norwich City on this forum folks with your approach to things would be satisfied? Whaddya say?

Many subjects have different angles of interest and different timelines. The CMS thread is now ridiculous as it has become one amorphous lump.

Variety is the spice of life, but some people would have this forum turn into a brain dead dirge

(Smile)

-

I''m on bl^^dy Chrome because of the idiotic "improvement project" implemented by Argent a few months ago which wrecked the PinkUn site and I don''t know how to activate the little icons on Chrome!!

Rant over.

One love

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] You''ve forgotten your italics Ploddy. Mind that slippery slope! Maybe if we had one thread entitled Norwich City on this forum folks with your approach to things would be satisfied? Whaddya say? Many subjects have different angles of interest and different timelines. The CMS thread is now ridiculous as it has become one amorphous lump. Variety is the spice of life, but some people would have this forum turn into a brain dead dirge (Smile) - I''m on bl^^dy Chrome because of the idiotic "improvement project" implemented by Argent a few months ago which wrecked the PinkUn site and I don''t know how to activate the little icons on Chrome!! Rant over. One love OTBC[/quote]

We all know the brain is pickled Bly but i think a visit to Specsavers is overdue if you cannot spot my italics.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]. The CMS thread is now ridiculous as it has become one amorphous lump. [/quote]

Surely thats better than having over 15 CMS threads on the front page as you dont know which one to reply to??

[quote user="Ncfc"]Martin does not bring goals to the team though , what we need is somebody who can put a chance away . That lad Swansea got in looked very classy yesterday , lets hope Lambert can pull something out of the hat by Thursday.[/quote]Find me a player who has played a similar number of games as Martin this season and who has hit double figures and maybe I will have a serious debate with you on this.Too many idiotic City fans writing Martin and Jackson off all season long when they have no idea how difficult it is to score goals in this league when you are played for 5 games and then dropped to the bench for 10.  I really wish everybody would get a grip on realism with regards to this as we are not going to get a better striker than what we have here already without spending serious money.Save our money for the summer and spend £3 million to £5 million on a striker then if we have won promotion.  We will get far more for our money that way!

Well Chrissy Martin has made 21 appearances, 9 as a sub in the league, scoring 4 goals. Michael Chopra has 25 appearances, 4 as a sub, scoring 9 goals. Jason Scotland has made 25 appearances and 7 as a sub, scoring 9 goals. Other than that, I can''t really see anyone else.

Noticing Ronnie Moore has left Rotherham, i wonder whether it has anything to do with Le Fondre. He seems always linked with speculation of a move and we are two days from end of loan window maybe they might cash in on him with a view to a permanent move in summer.

Maybe Peterborough getting Le Fondre is the key to us getting CMS.

Personally, I think something is still going on with this deal. I have no inside info or anything, I just think CMS will be here by Thursday.

My mate sent David McNally a note on Twitter last night asking whether their was still a chance of us getting CMS by Thursday. He hasn''t responded to him yet, even though I just checked and he has been on the site since and answered other fans'' questions.

Probably nothing in it, but thought I''d just say.

Funny because a friend of the family who is friendly with Barry fry said today the deal is not dead yet, and peterborough have received another bid from norwich but whether its good enough I don''t know. So NOT saying he''s def coming!

Just wanted to point out that CMS has stopped tweeting. Last one was just after getting the player of the year award. This can only mean ONE OF TWO THINGS.

A. He is about to sign for City, cue raucous cheering, ticker-tape, dozens of "I told you so''s" , canonization for McNasty , promotion and instant riches for us all

2. He has lost his phone.[H]

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Just wanted to point out that CMS has stopped tweeting. Last one was just after getting the player of the year award. This can only mean ONE OF TWO THINGS.

A. He is about to sign for City, cue raucous cheering, ticker-tape, dozens of "I told you so''s" , canonization for McNasty , promotion and instant riches for us all

2. He has lost his phone.[H][/quote]

Or he has better things to do with his time!

CMS wasn''t a regular tweeter anyway. Although he did regularly seem to get people (mainly Posh fans) asking him questions which he would answer. This stopped after our bid became public news.

Also I said previously that a friend of mine had tweeted McNally asking if their was a chance CMS could be here by Thursday. My friend e-mailed me today to say (among other things) that McNally hasn''t responded to him, but has been on this site answering questions from other fans.

Not sure whether anything can be read into this Twitter rubbish though.

I can''t believe some idiots are messaging McNally and asking him such drivel, let alone expecting a response.

I told you all about 24 hours after the Bristol City game that there was no way that Lambert and McNally would spend £3 million on the over priced Mackail-Smith.

I now await the apologies from all of those who claimed that I was wrong with my wild assumption''s!

[quote user="Smudger"]I can''t believe some idiots are messaging McNally and asking him such drivel, let alone expecting a response.[/quote]

Thats what I said in the twitter thread, and its not even the easter school holidays yet.

[quote user="Smudger"]I can''t believe some idiots are messaging McNally and asking him such drivel, let alone expecting a response. I told you all about 24 hours after the Bristol City game that there was no way that Lambert and McNally would spend £3 million on the over priced Mackail-Smith. I now await the apologies from all of those who claimed that I was wrong with my wild assumption''s![/quote]

Smudger your holier than thou attitude over knowing far more about the game than us mere mortals does you no favours whatsoever so while you are on about apologies maybe you could give us a couple concerning McNamee and Jackson because by my reckoning Mcnamee will struggle to even make the bench with these two signings coming on board and Jackson must be about 4th choice striker.

According to you they were world beaters but then again what do i know?[;)]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Holt stopped tweeting as well, I hope he isn''t leaving![/quote]Holt stopped due to some little UEA med student giving him sh*t at Vodka Rev and then taking it onto twitter, from what I could gather he (med student ) got some mates involvedHowever I do not think the sniveling toad got the win because the Med students profile also soon disapeared and I am wondering if Holt or someone has taken legal action ? Because after all what you type is / can be used as slander. Especially if it is aimed at somoene on Twitter !!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"]I can''t believe some idiots are messaging McNally and asking him such drivel, let alone expecting a response. I told you all about 24 hours after the Bristol City game that there was no way that Lambert and McNally would spend £3 million on the over priced Mackail-Smith. I now await the apologies from all of those who claimed that I was wrong with my wild assumption''s![/quote]

Smudger your holier than thou attitude over knowing far more about the game than us mere mortals does you no favours whatsoever so while you are on about apologies maybe you could give us a couple concerning McNamee and Jackson because by my reckoning Mcnamee will struggle to even make the bench with these two signings coming on board and Jackson must be about 4th choice striker.

[/quote]I am willing to bet that Jackson and Chris Martin will both score plenty of goals for somebody in the Championship Tilly, but I think both may still be playing a part in our Premiership adventure next season (even though they have been written off by the majority).As for McNamee, he has played his part in getting us to where we are at the moment and has been very unlucky not to have played a bigger part in my opinion.Chris Martin is still the best striker that we have at the club in my opinion (in terms of having the most potential).  It will be our loss if Culverhouse and Lambert are unable to get the best out of him and Jackson if you ask me.

[quote user="Smudger"]Chris Martin is still the best striker that we have at the club in my opinion. It will be our loss if Culverhouse and Lambert are unable to get the best out of him and Jackson if you ask me.

[/quote]Which Championship manager and coach do you think are more likely to improve these players if Culverhouse and Lambert can''t? [:^)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

A bit unfair. Even a genius can''t be right all the time.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Chris Martin is still the best striker that we have at the club in my opinion. It will be our loss if Culverhouse and Lambert are unable to get the best out of him and Jackson if you ask me.

[/quote]Which Championship manager and coach do you think are more likely to improve these players if Culverhouse and Lambert can''t? [:^)]

[/quote]

Excellent point.