Sign in to follow this  
CRAZY LEGS

lansbury signs till end of season

Pleasing. As I have said before I would not have been gutted if we''d not kept him but he is a useful player to have for the rest of the season.

[quote user="lscanary"]"Lansbury will extend loan spell with Norwich" - http://www.arsenal.com/pressconferencedigest
[/quote]

Looking at that I wouldn''t say no to Ramsey or Carlos Vela either! Suspect will go to prem/foreign clubs though.

I thought today being my last day of January exams was enough for me to have a good start to the weekend but this news just makes it even better!

Lansbury is a fantastic creative player and will give us that boost we need for promotion!

Excellent news!

One of Lambert''s best signings.

With Lansbury/Surman & Hoolahan providing the class and Crofts & Fox the discipline we must have one of the best midfields outside the Premiership. Especially with Smith, Lappin & McNamee in reserve.

Perhaps all these outgoings of midfield players for one month loans is to free up funds so that Lansbury''s rest of season loan doesn''t impinge on our transfer budget. I smell a big money offer taking place as we speak. Elliott or Morison though?

Lansbury is such a quality player,this loan signing just adds to my growing belief that we will go up this season,cracking work to all concerned at the club who have helped with the move.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Perhaps all these outgoings of midfield players for one month loans is to free up funds so that Lansbury''s rest of season loan doesn''t impinge on our transfer budget. I smell a big money offer taking place as we speak. Elliott or Morison though?[/quote]

I''d rather Morison - we are creating enough chances but are not clinical enough which have cost us points

Lansbury is a quality footballer with a killer pass and an excellent footballing brain, he reads the game well, gets stuck in and has a good shot. Personally without sounding harsh Lansbury over Korey all day long, much better end product.

Darren I agree but I''m hoping we get a new signing for that, Lansbury just adds that little bit more quality than say Korey in that position.

On our official site now. Great news!

Hucks, you''re right again. we need a "Hucks" type now. The only player we have with any real pace is Jackson and he''s fringe at best and too far up the field to break teams.

He''s back, but can''t play tomorrow by the sounds of it.

I think he is a fairly direct player, although not too rapid. Would be good to see him go out wide a little more and put in some crosses for Holt and co. He is certainly an improvement on what we already have and it''s great to know he is going to be around until the end of the season.

I think he has that killer ball which the only other player in the team that has it is Hoolahan. I think maybe Surman may aswell, just no seen enough.

Adds a bit of strength to the midfield, I have to say though I think we need the next player to be a striker with a bit of conviction.

[quote user="?????"]has he travelled to sheffeild with the rest of the team?''[quote user="?????"]

No, the OS says he will join up with the squad early next week.

I hope young Lansbury sees a promotion push as his chance to play in the Premier League - perhaps on a season loan or even a transfer.

I am pleased to see him back as I liked his reaction to his average game against Cardiff, he clearly wants to turn it on.

As a side note though, the player I really want to see back and regular is Surman. If that happened we would really be in with a shot.

Does this mean we end out interest in Bennett? Personally i think he''s a better bet, at least short term anyway.

[quote user="canary_girl"]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Perhaps all these outgoings of midfield players for one month loans is to free up funds so that Lansbury''s rest of season loan doesn''t impinge on our transfer budget. I smell a big money offer taking place as we speak. Elliott or Morison though?[/quote]

I''d rather Morison - we are creating enough chances but are not clinical enough which have cost us points

[/quote]

Oh the irony.... if only we had Cody here..... LOL

Pleased to see Lansbury back. He''s got a bit of quality. Though I do wonder if he will stifle Wes a little.As others mention, we won''t always be able to play through teams. So the addition of someone with a bit of pace who knows how to cross would be ideal.