Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

A Few Points of Interest From The Supporters Groups Meeting.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]When we won the Championship, we fielded the same team week in, week out. Our success was due in no small part that we had a pretty much fixed first XI. And we could carry the odd flair player/passenger like Huckerby.[/quote]I think you are talking out of your bum again Montgomery???Did you forget about us starting the season with the on loan Elvis Hammond?Then we had Crouchy on loan for 3 months.Then we signed Svensson and McKenzie at Christmas.Even for the run in we brought in the likes of |Kevin Cooper to give us a helping hand!Yes we were EXTREMELY LUCKY with injuries that season, but maybe you get one season in ten when that is the case.  You need to plan that you will have several injuries throughout most seasons and if you are extremely unlucky then you may pick up a couple of long term ones to key players.[/quote]So what''s wrong with supplementing the current team with loans as and when we need them over the season?

[quote user="Daphne "]The buy-back repayment has been like this for some time CA. That''s why I never bother to use the scheme. If I know I''m going to be away I lend our season tickets to friends ............

It''s not satisfactory as the buy-back sounds such a good idea - as ever the club is exceedingly good at small print![/quote]The £10 payment - it used to be a derisory £5 - is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick but there''s no way of proving that the Club have actually given you any proceeds  because, as City Angel says, you don''t find out until renewal time ( presumably if you don''t renew don''t hold your breath too long waiting for a buy-back cheque to plop on the doormat) From the experience of one person I know I do wonder how it is that some buy-backs remain unsold. He sits in a seat right on the halfway line under the TV gantry. The view is probably as good as any in the ground. He cannot get to all home games and has, on several occasions over the years, put his ticket back into the scheme for sell-out matches. I think he has only received one payment in all that time and now prefers to sell it on himself.It does all seem a bit odd.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Daphne "]The buy-back repayment has been like this for some time CA. That''s why I never bother to use the scheme. If I know I''m going to be away I lend our season tickets to friends ............ It''s not satisfactory as the buy-back sounds such a good idea - as ever the club is exceedingly good at small print![/quote]

The £10 payment - it used to be a derisory £5 - is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick but there''s no way of proving that the Club have actually given you any proceeds  because, as City Angel says, you don''t find out until renewal time ( presumably if you don''t renew don''t hold your breath too long waiting for a buy-back cheque to plop on the doormat)

From the experience of one person I know I do wonder how it is that some buy-backs remain unsold. He sits in a seat right on the halfway line under the TV gantry. The view is probably as good as any in the ground. He cannot get to all home games and has, on several occasions over the years, put his ticket back into the scheme for sell-out matches. I think he has only received one payment in all that time and now prefers to sell it on himself.

It does all seem a bit odd.....

[/quote]

You only get a repayment if the seat is sold and i suppose that one seat on it''s own is more difficult to shift as not many punters want just the one ticket.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Having spoken at length to Richard Gough this morning and indeed last night regarding the concerns over the £50 season ticket reprint charge i hope this response is satisfactory for everyone including Rudolph Hucker and Purple Canary

When the fee to replace tickets was zero reprints ran at 500 a season.When the £20 fee was introduced it dropped dramatically to 200 and when season ticket holders rang requesting a duplicate and were informed of the fee Richard states that it was amazing how many were suddenly found or the caller never rang back.To me that says a lot.

The Club will not charge a fee to replace the ticket for anybody that has proof that they have been the subject of a crime(theft,burglary etc) and provide documentary proof such as a police or insurance reference number.

In many cases the Club will initially replace a plastic ticket with a paper copy for the first game so that the "loser" as ample opportunity to locate the lost ticket.

The bottom line is that Richard says the club are trying to impress upon people the importance of the value of their season ticket and to take extreme care of it.

Richard will take calls from anybody on this subject on his direct line Tel No.01603 218713.

[/quote]As angry as I was when heard about the charge, you can''t say fairer than that really.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]When we won the Championship, we fielded the same team week in, week out. Our success was due in no small part that we had a pretty much fixed first XI. And we could carry the odd flair player/passenger like Huckerby.[/quote]I think you are talking out of your bum again Montgomery???Did you forget about us starting the season with the on loan Elvis Hammond?Then we had Crouchy on loan for 3 months.Then we signed Svensson and McKenzie at Christmas.Even for the run in we brought in the likes of |Kevin Cooper to give us a helping hand!Yes we were EXTREMELY LUCKY with injuries that season, but maybe you get one season in ten when that is the case.  You need to plan that you will have several injuries throughout most seasons and if you are extremely unlucky then you may pick up a couple of long term ones to key players.[/quote]So what''s wrong with supplementing the current team with loans as and when we need them over the season? [/quote]Nothing if it is the odd one or two.I feel however that we are still approx 4 players short of having a squad that can put in a realistic promotion push.  I would like to see another two permanent deals struck before the end of August and loanees added if we pick up a few injuries and they are required.  Let''s not forget that we also have two windows which close for the signing of loanees now, where I don''t believe that was the case 5 or 6 years ago was it?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Talking about charges the club make there were a few letters in the EEN tonight about their £1.50 booking fee when you ring for tickets or oreder them online.

On another matter do you know that if you sell your ticket back to the club on the buy back scheme they don''t credit you with your £10 until the next time you renew your season ticket, so if you''ve already renewed it for 3 years you have to wait 3 years to get your £10 back?

[/quote]

Looks like Tilly will be ringing that nice Mr.Gough in the morning again.In fairness to the Club a booking fee is usual in the entertainment industry when ordering tickets for the shows,pop concerts etc and just look at credit card charges when you book flights and hotels online.The buyback 3 year wait is a new one on me CA so can you please put some meat on the bones with regard to that or maybe you would like to ring Mr.G on 01603 218713 as he will talk to callers as i stated earlier in this thread.

[/quote]

I emailed Richard about the buyback issue a month ago and to be fair to him he did ring me at home withing a few days but got hubby because I was out. Did return his call but haven''t been able to get hold of him yet.Will try him again tomorrow and report back.

[quote user="Smudger"]I hope that the decisions on Darel Russell and Spillane don''t come back to bite them in the bum
[/quote]

Well the Darel Russell thing might do as he''s good enough to play in the Championship.

But Spillane isn''t up to it so they''ve done well to get rid.

Darel Russell was offered a new contract but stalled on signing waiting for better offers. Russell then said he''d like to sign but by then Lambert said it was to late!

Aparently we are interested in Coventry rightback Martin Cranie.

Just reading a letter in the EEN which says there were no concessionary prices for pensioners for the friendlies and the writer wondered if the club were going to carry that through for season tickets in the future.

It will affect us all one day in the future so wondered if that was discussed at the meeting?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just reading a letter in the EEN which says there were no concessionary prices for pensioners for the friendlies and the writer wondered if the club were going to carry that through for season tickets in the future.

It will affect us all one day in the future so wondered if that was discussed at the meeting?

[/quote]Bowkett mused about this in May, and specifically the question of pensioners:"Standing back and looking at the finances

of the Club, some 50 per cent of our tickets are sold on some type of

concession or another. Over the next five years we will review the level

and qualification of these concessions so that they are targeted more

appropriately. For example, I am 60 in January and under the current

rules for next season I would be eligible for a discount. And if I''m

honest I can afford the full price for my ticket. Clearly some people

drawing pensions cannot. I don''t have a solution for this at the moment,

but as I said, over the next five years we will be reviewing the

situation."

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Held at Carrow Road this evening and hosted by David McNally.Also present were Delia,MWJ and Stefan Phillips.

Firstly despite what you have read in the media we have NOT signed Jackson from Gillingham.No fee has been agreed.I asked if therefore it was untrue that he had flown out to Germany to join the training camp.McNally smiled and said he may or may not be in Germany but he has not put pen to paper.

Darel Russell although offered a new contract by the Club excercised his option to look around as his current contract had expired.Some three weeks ago he decided that he wanted to sign the new contract offered but was told that two new midfielders had been signed and he was therefore now surplus to requirements.Mr McNally spoke highly of Darel and there was no issue with the way he had conducted himself throughout this process.

Fraser Forster was wanted back at Norwich City by Lambert but Newcastle were conducting the proceedings as his parent Club.Lambert wanted a goalkeeper before training resumed and the rest is history.The interesting thing to come out of this was that Mr McNally said the loan fee wanted by Newcastle now turns out to be the equivelant of the total amount paid for four of our new signings.

Ewan Chester the new Chief Scout has now assembled a new network of scouts paid on a retained basis by us includes Stuart McCall( most recently Bradford manager) and Derby legend from the Clough days Alan Durban.Robert Fleck has also joined as a scout.These guys although may have other work in media etc for whoever but only scout for Norwich City.

Our reward for winning the First Division title was £3,500!!!!!!!!!!!!! We started with £25,000 but after solidaritory payments we are obliged to make to relegated clubs that is what was left.

Our good friend "and Smith must score " was there so if i have missed out anything earth shattering i am sure he will add to the thread.

[/quote]Isn''t he bust working at my brothers school?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Bowkett mused about this in May, and specifically the question of pensioners:

"Standing back and looking at the finances of the Club, some 50 per cent of our tickets are sold on some type of concession or another. Over the next five years we will review the level and qualification of these concessions so that they are targeted more appropriately. For example, I am 60 in January and under the current rules for next season I would be eligible for a discount. And if I''m honest I can afford the full price for my ticket. Clearly some people drawing pensions cannot. I don''t have a solution for this at the moment, but as I said, over the next five years we will be reviewing the situation."
[/quote]

Thanks for that Purple, as you say some may be able to afford full price but I''m guessing a lot of pensioners will struggle with that so maybe they''ll phase it in slowly otherwise they could lose a lot of season ticket holders who can''t afford sunch a big increase.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Bowkett mused about this in May, and specifically the question of pensioners:"Standing back and looking at the finances of the Club, some 50 per cent of our tickets are sold on some type of concession or another. Over the next five years we will review the level and qualification of these concessions so that they are targeted more appropriately. For example, I am 60 in January and under the current rules for next season I would be eligible for a discount. And if I''m honest I can afford the full price for my ticket. Clearly some people drawing pensions cannot. I don''t have a solution for this at the moment, but as I said, over the next five years we will be reviewing the situation."[/quote]

Thanks for that Purple, as you say some may be able to afford full price but I''m guessing a lot of pensioners will struggle with that so maybe they''ll phase it in slowly otherwise they could lose a lot of season ticket holders who can''t afford sunch a big increase.

[/quote]Discounting at 60, when many are still in full-time employment, does seem overly generous.

If old people didn''t spend all their money on cat food and hats they wouldn''t need discount.

So you mean to tell me that just as Tilly get''s within touching distance of paying pensioners rate for his season ticket they''re gonna change the rules?????

You gotta feel for the old boy. He was so close he could smell it, damn near taste it in fact. July 10th instead of October and it would be a done deal!

Oh well, the lord giveth and the lord taketh away.

Still don''t think Tilly''s got a cat though[;)]

[quote user="morty"]If old people didn''t spend all their money on cat food and hats they wouldn''t need discount.
[/quote]

[Y]

And they fall asleep during the match and when they''re not asleep they spend the whole time talking about the war or how much cheaper the food was at ''The Nest''. Which is ironic because they don''t contribute to the club coffers by buying a half-time pie and lager anyway, preferring instead to drink soup from a Thermos flask and eating Werther''s originals.

I say ban ''em all and whilst we''re at it, get rid of the students too with their concessionary tickets and attempts to pay for a mars bar with a cheque whilst asking for a discount on their NUS card.

[quote user="Stevo"]

[quote user="morty"]If old people didn''t spend all their money on cat food and hats they wouldn''t need discount.[/quote]

[Y]

And they fall asleep during the match and when they''re not asleep they spend the whole time talking about the war or how much cheaper the food was at ''The Nest''. Which is ironic because they don''t contribute to the club coffers by buying a half-time pie and lager anyway, preferring instead to drink soup from a Thermos flask and eating Werther''s originals.

I say ban ''em all and whilst we''re at it, get rid of the students too with their concessionary tickets and attempts to pay for a mars bar with a cheque whilst asking for a discount on their NUS card.

[/quote]Although your post is fairly tongue in cheek (probably lol) I actually agree.I agree with discount for the youngsters, as they actually don''t earn money of their own, but as soon as you become of the age to earn your own money, this should end.The state pension is a damn sight more than unemployment benefit is, and they don''t get discount.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Stevo"]

[quote user="morty"]If old people didn''t spend all their money on cat food and hats they wouldn''t need discount.
[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

Although your post is fairly tongue in cheek (probably lol) I actually agree.

I agree with discount for the youngsters, as they actually don''t earn money of their own, but as soon as you become of the age to earn your own money, this should end.

The state pension is a damn sight more than unemployment benefit is, and they don''t get discount.

[/quote]

Only slightly tongue in cheek Morty...I have a season ticket next to my Dad as I have for the last 30+ years which means I''ve listened to a lot of his aged ramblings and seen him eat a lot of Werther''s!

He''s on a concessionary ticket despite being considerably better off than me and could easily afford a full-price ticket. 

Discounts for kids makes perfect sense though - future fans in the making! I''m planning on taking my young kids to their first match this season and if like me they get ''bitten by the bug'' at an early age, there''ll be two more lifelong City fans.

(I''d still ban students though! [;)])

[quote user="Stevo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Stevo"]

[quote user="morty"]If old people didn''t spend all their money on cat food and hats they wouldn''t need discount.[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]Although your post is fairly tongue in cheek (probably lol) I actually agree.I agree with discount for the youngsters, as they actually don''t earn money of their own, but as soon as you become of the age to earn your own money, this should end.The state pension is a damn sight more than unemployment benefit is, and they don''t get discount.

[/quote]

Only slightly tongue in cheek Morty...I have a season ticket next to my Dad as I have for the last 30+ years which means I''ve listened to a lot of his aged ramblings and seen him eat a lot of Werther''s!

He''s on a concessionary ticket despite being considerably better off than me and could easily afford a full-price ticket. 

Discounts for kids makes perfect sense though - future fans in the making! I''m planning on taking my young kids to their first match this season and if like me they get ''bitten by the bug'' at an early age, there''ll be two more lifelong City fans.

(I''d still ban students though! [;)])

[/quote]Right there with you on the student discount lol.Theres this rule in life, if you can''t afford it don''t buy it. Football is an entertainment, not a necessity. I agree with student discount for books and maybe clothing, but not entertainment.As for the oldies, maybe they need to means test the discount somehow, other than that I really don''t know what the answer is, and as our population gets older and older (and still has a comparatively reasonable amount of disposable income) then this could turn into a very big problem in years to come.The oldsters will just have to cut their cloth accordingly, buy a few less hideous floral pattern skirts, and only get their hair done once a week instead of 3 times.

[quote user="morty"]
As for the oldies, maybe they need to means test the discount somehow, other than that I really don''t know what the answer is
[/quote]

Easy....

First we need to start with the assumption that only ''genuinely old'' people are in need of a discount and I''d suggest that one or all of the following rules is used to determine that at the ticket office;

1) Monitor CCTV of them arriving at the Ticket office. If they were driving above 7mph and could see above the steering wheel then they DO NOT qualify

2) If the outside temperature is above 30 degrees celsius and they''re wearing anything other than a minimum of 16 layers of assorted cardigans or a shirt / blazer / tie combination then they DO NOT qualify

3) Ask in a hushed tone whether they want a senior discount. If they reply yes, then their hearing is not impaired and they DO NOT qualify

Failing that we could just cut off a limb and count the rings like you do to age trees?

Better still ban all the calous, don''t care b***ards who make all the deafening noise.

Remove students who contribute nothing.

Double the cost of anyone aged between 20 and 45 because as they know everything MUST be earning a mint and can afford it.

Anyone who arrives driving a car that has a sound system noisier than their exhaust need to treble the price.

Put a levy on anyone arriving in a city shirt that makes them look 6 months pregnant.

Sell the cctv footage of all those "hard middle age guys" giving it the BIG from a distance of 100 metres. (they will snap it up to impress the bird from the night club)

There that solves the small discount given to those people of more senior years who deserve it![;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Better still ban all the calous, don''t care b***ards who make all the deafening noise.

Double the cost of anyone aged between 20 and 45 because as they know everything MUST be earning a mint and can afford it.

Anyone who arrives driving a car that has a sound system noisier than their exhaust need to treble the price.

Put a levy on anyone arriving in a city shirt that makes them look 6 months pregnant.

Sell the cctv footage of all those "hard middle age guys" giving it the BIG from a distance of 100 metres. (they will snap it up to impress the bird from the night club)

There that solves the small discount given to those people of more senior years who deserve it![;)]

[/quote]

Quality! [Y]

Here''s another solution....

The club currently offer half-season tickets but why not "half-match" season tickets?

As alot of old people either fall asleep by half-time or have to repeatedly visit the toilet, they rarely get to see 45 minutes of action for their money anyway. So each OAP''s seat could be sold twice on a time share basis and the club could double it''s income.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

I am afraid I simply can''t endorse that one [:)]

My opinion is that the age a person should be eligible for a pensioner concession is the same age you get your state pension.

If you are retired at 60 you can obviously afford to pay full price or you wouldn''t be retired. If your retired at 60 and can''t afford it then you can eitehr go without or simply find a part time job to pay for it.

I also think that the younger concession age should last till 18. If your odl enough to go down the pub and have a pint your old enough to pay full price for your Season ticket. Maybe then students will have to decide what''s more important, getting drunk of going to the football every Saturday.

Davo

As a "student" there isn''t actually a student season ticket but an under 21 season ticket, which anyone under 21 can get whether a student or not...

I think you''re all missing the point here. What about all those screeching women? FIFA had to introduce vuvuzels to try to drown them out. It''s not as if they understand the game, they''re only there to ogle the legs. Send them back to the bingo halls I say! [;)]

[quote user="Stevo"]

[quote user="morty"]As for the oldies, maybe they need to means test the discount somehow, other than that I really don''t know what the answer is[/quote]

Easy....

First we need to start with the assumption that only ''genuinely old'' people are in need of a discount and I''d suggest that one or all of the following rules is used to determine that at the ticket office;

1) Monitor CCTV of them arriving at the Ticket office. If they were driving above 7mph and could see above the steering wheel then they DO NOT qualify

2) If the outside temperature is above 30 degrees celsius and they''re wearing anything other than a minimum of 16 layers of assorted cardigans or a shirt / blazer / tie combination then they DO NOT qualify

3) Ask in a hushed tone whether they want a senior discount. If they reply yes, then their hearing is not impaired and they DO NOT qualify

Failing that we could just cut off a limb and count the rings like you do to age trees?

[/quote]I think you should be jotting all these ideas down mate and sending them to McNally.[:)]