Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

A Few Points of Interest From The Supporters Groups Meeting.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Can''t understand this ''love in'' with Russell. Lambert got the best out of him last year but his past record in the higher league is not great notwithstanding the Roeder era. Nope, Lambo is the man. He probably had a price to offer Rusty as a squad man and wouldn''t go any higher. Fair enough.[/quote]

Ah, but you fail to appreciate the value of running around a lot while wearing silly gloves. Russell is one of the best players that we had at that much neglected art, and had the added advantage of being able to start a fight in an empty room. The fact that he couldn''t pass water, gave stupid free kicks away yet thought he was the reincarnation of Franz Beckenbauer (yes, I know he''s not actually dead pedants!) is largely irrelevant.

Crofts will do really well this season and by Christmas Russell will have been forgotten.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Why didn''t I know this was on? I''d have come along.[/quote]( sniffs haughtily )....It was by invitation only, dear boy.We did notice an unwashed rabble outside with their noses pressed up against the glass but security soon threw them out on their ear ........ ( lol )[/quote][:D]

Having spoken at length to Richard Gough this morning and indeed last night regarding the concerns over the £50 season ticket reprint charge i hope this response is satisfactory for everyone including Rudolph Hucker and Purple Canary

When the fee to replace tickets was zero reprints ran at 500 a season.When the £20 fee was introduced it dropped dramatically to 200 and when season ticket holders rang requesting a duplicate and were informed of the fee Richard states that it was amazing how many were suddenly found or the caller never rang back.To me that says a lot.

The Club will not charge a fee to replace the ticket for anybody that has proof that they have been the subject of a crime(theft,burglary etc) and provide documentary proof such as a police or insurance reference number.

In many cases the Club will initially replace a plastic ticket with a paper copy for the first game so that the "loser" as ample opportunity to locate the lost ticket.

The bottom line is that Richard says the club are trying to impress upon people the importance of the value of their season ticket and to take extreme care of it.

Richard will take calls from anybody on this subject on his direct line Tel No.01603 218713.

I have always found the club to be more than fair when approached over issues such as this.

As an example - last season we requested a change of seat for the Bristol Rovers game because my daughter was heavily pregnant and would have found it impossible to stand for the 90 mins. (Our seats are LB Block E Row W). The club moved us to the Jarrold for the game and waived any cost.

It does seem that posters on this board need a nanny when it comes to speaking to the club to sort things out. Commander Tilson of the nCIsA would be better off changing his "Man at M&S" image and dressing more like this :-

mary poppins The story

Thank you Tilly. That seems a comprehensive response and also a good stance by the club. Especially as now the only people who have cause to moan about the £50 fee are those who actually haven''t lost them or cn''t be bothered to look hard enough for them.

Davo

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Cor, you can get someone killed for 50 quid. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/explode.gif[/img]

[/quote]

If that is the case then Wiz we have raised enough for a firing squad let alone a single assassin and they are heading towards Lowestoft as we speak.[:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Cor, you can get someone killed for 50 quid. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/explode.gif[/img]

[/quote]

If that is the case then Wiz we have raised enough for a firing squad let alone a single assassin and they are heading towards Lowestoft as we speak.[:P]

[/quote]But, but, but I''m joining NCISA this afternoon Til, surely I''m safe.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Having spoken at length to Richard Gough this morning and indeed last night regarding the concerns over the £50 season ticket reprint charge i hope this response is satisfactory for everyone including Rudolph Hucker and Purple Canary

When the fee to replace tickets was zero reprints ran at 500 a season.When the £20 fee was introduced it dropped dramatically to 200 and when season ticket holders rang requesting a duplicate and were informed of the fee Richard states that it was amazing how many were suddenly found or the caller never rang back.To me that says a lot.

The Club will not charge a fee to replace the ticket for anybody that has proof that they have been the subject of a crime(theft,burglary etc) and provide documentary proof such as a police or insurance reference number.

In many cases the Club will initially replace a plastic ticket with a paper copy for the first game so that the "loser" as ample opportunity to locate the lost ticket.

The bottom line is that Richard says the club are trying to impress upon people the importance of the value of their season ticket and to take extreme care of it.

Richard will take calls from anybody on this subject on his direct line Tel No.01603 218713.

[/quote]Was the club patronising every season ticket holder or the 1 or 2 % of supporters who claim to lose them?

[quote user="Smudger"]I hope that the decisions on Darel Russell and Spillane don''t come back to bite them in the bum and that we have another couple of squad members on their way here prior to the transfer window clsoing to cover those losses.

If we had of kept hold of them two and Jackson does sign, then I would''ve said that we had assembled a squad as good as any in this league.  As things stand I think that we could still be a few players short of putting in a real serious promotion push.

Hopefully there is still some money in the kitty and they are going to push the boat out a little more over the next month or so???
[/quote]

I agree with you about Spillane totally, but we shall see. 

As for Rusty,IMO the club is more than about just one man, it''s players who want to be here, Rusty was looking for something better and was hoping another club would come in for him (ie Leeds), they didn''t, we got different players in, and more to come I would think.  So as well as our Manager and club taking a risk, Rusty knew the risks by not going to PL and talking terms, that''s his luck.

Eddy Doc & Rusty which player is the odd one out?Doc he was lucky enough to play under a manager who was incapable of attracting a replacement. [:P]

".........said the loan fee wanted by Newcastle

now turns out to be the

equivelant of the total amount paid for four of our new signings."

Puts into perspective the twaddle posted on here about the size

of various ''transfer fees''

Sorry, Nutty Nigel, but Tilly did volunteer to enquire on behalf of those of us who raised the issue on here, we didn''t ask him to and although he forgot to specifically raise it last night he did save face by chasing up Richard Gough this morning and responding so, thank you Tilly.

Basically, this is a scare tactic which has been exposed by taking it a step too far. Now any self respecting fraudster will make sure they get a spurious reference number the Club may or may not be able to check.

I pay for my season ticket and I don''t want dodgy characters getting in for free or other so called supporters helping them do so.

I applaud the measures the Club has taken but they have let the genie out of the bottle with such an alarming cost and need to look at other measures.

If I ever lose my ticket I will deal with the issue at the time and if the Club want to charge me £50- where they have renewed others for free I will withdraw my support on principle.

Indeed Rudolph. Had you lost your ticket and approached the club the chances are that you wouldn''t have had to pay £50 for the replacement.

I doubt any self respecting fraudster would bother with a fraud that would only be workable in a few areas of the stadium anyway. It''s more likely to be tried by an amateurish chancer and the £50 reprint cost would put such a "supporter" off.

You are right, Commander Tilson did volunteer to enquire so maybe he enjoys his "nanny status"[;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]You mean there is no scouting job for me yet???

Outrageous! [:@]
[/quote]

And there was me thinking you already had one! Don''t know why though!

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

This is the second time Russell has exercised an option to walk away from the club and the second time he''s going to bitterly regret it. Most he can hope for is to be picked up by some League One no-marks. The guy is a Jonah - his leaving guarantees sucees, happened when he left us first time and when he left Stoke.

Cheerio, you won''t be missed.

[/quote]

Always been a useful player. The weakness exists in what occupies the space between left and right ear.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="GMF"]I can''t imagine that Gillingham would have let Jackson travel to Germany, if indeed he has, without an understanding of agreement between the respective clubs.[/quote]

IMO what''s happened is we''ve agreed in principle with Jackson & Gillingham BUT if Cody says bollox it could all fall through.  Cody is City''s answer to Nick Clegg
[/quote]

Who does he play for?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Thanks for that report, John. Pretty much what I was looking for when I posted originally. I think the club might have done itself a favour by making it clear at the outset that victims of crime etc would not be charged, unless of course that actually is the result of a rethink brought on by the outcry over the £50 figure. Either way, at least that has now been established.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Smudger"] I hope that the decisions on Darel Russell and Spillane don''t come back to bite them in the bum and that we have another couple of squad members on their way here prior to the transfer window clsoing to cover those losses.If we had of kept hold of them two and Jackson does sign, then I would''ve said that we had assembled a squad as good as any in this league.  As things stand I think that we could still be a few players short of putting in a real serious promotion push.Hopefully there is still some money in the kitty and they are going to push the boat out a little more over the next month or so???[/quote]

It was Russell''s decision to put himself about and not sign a new contract. Seems like he did not get the lucrative deal he was looking for elsewhere so came crawling back to us. As for Spillane, he wanted first team football, he did not want to warm the bench, it was his decision as well. Don''t go blaming Lambert or the Board for these "decisions".

[/quote]Do you not read?It states in Tilly''s original post that Russell was willing to sign a contract eventually, but Lambert and the board decided that they had already spent money on other midfielders.I was hoping that the midfielders that we brought in were going to be in addition to Russell and Spillane and the rest of the squad that we had last year.  The only two midfielders I would have considered releasing this summer would''ve been Gill and Tudor Jones.  I think that if we are really wanting to challenge for the top six and beyond, then we need another addition or two to our midfield prior to the season kicking off.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]

Very interesting stuff, thanks.

On the Jackson front, I guess it''s a matter of the player going the other way reaching an agreement with Gillingham, hence no agreement on fee as yet. I''m sure it will go through though.

Re Russell, I''m disappointed we haven''t retained him. I think he was excellent last season. Crofts is an unknown quantity, let''s hope he''s good! Also, I think it''s possible that we might play a flatter midfield of three this season rather than an out and out diamond.

[/quote]

Crofts is an unknown quantity to you (and me!!) but not to Paul Lambert who knows a good deal about holding midfield players.   I think you should rest easy on that score.

[/quote]

I hope you''re right. My only concern is that our squad may lack a little strength in depth in certain areas, e.g. target man, holding midfielder, right back, wing positions (if Wes were to get injured and we reverted to 4-4-2). I''m confident our first team is good enough to challenge, just not sure what would happen with a couple of injuries.

[/quote]Very good post mate! [Y]I can''t believe some of the idiots you get on here who think that you can field a team of flair players, or alternatively think the likes of Cody and Oli Johnson would be good enough to fire us in to the play-offs if we weren''t to sign Jackson and we got an injury to Martin or Holt for a couple of months or longer.Successful teams have strong squads and plenty of options!

When we won the Championship, we fielded the same team week in, week out. Our success was due in no small part that we had a pretty much fixed first XI. And we could carry the odd flair player/passenger like Huckerby.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Smudger"] I hope that the decisions on Darel Russell and Spillane don''t come back to bite them in the bum and that we have another couple of squad members on their way here prior to the transfer window clsoing to cover those losses.

If we had of kept hold of them two and Jackson does sign, then I would''ve said that we had assembled a squad as good as any in this league.  As things stand I think that we could still be a few players short of putting in a real serious promotion push.

Hopefully there is still some money in the kitty and they are going to push the boat out a little more over the next month or so???
[/quote]

It was Russell''s decision to put himself about and not sign a new contract. Seems like he did not get the lucrative deal he was looking for elsewhere so came crawling back to us. As for Spillane, he wanted first team football, he did not want to warm the bench, it was his decision as well. Don''t go blaming Lambert or the Board for these "decisions".

[/quote]

Do you not read?

It states in Tilly''s original post that Russell was willing to sign a contract eventually, but Lambert and the board decided that they had already spent money on other midfielders.

I was hoping that the midfielders that we brought in were going to be in addition to Russell and Spillane and the rest of the squad that we had last year.  The only two midfielders I would have considered releasing this summer would''ve been Gill and Tudor Jones.  I think that if we are really wanting to challenge for the top six and beyond, then we need another addition or two to our midfield prior to the season kicking off.
[/quote]

Maybe Smudger eventually was too long to wait and Lambert wanted the players in and settled.  Wouldn''t be the first time Rusty has done this to us.  Sometimes it''s best to be knocking down the managers door to let him know you want to stay and play for the club, rather than put yourself in the shop window, and when no one is interested go back and hope the club are still interested. 

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]When we won the Championship, we fielded the same team week in, week out. Our success was due in no small part that we had a pretty much fixed first XI. And we could carry the odd flair player/passenger like Huckerby.[/quote]I think you are talking out of your bum again Montgomery???Did you forget about us starting the season with the on loan Elvis Hammond?Then we had Crouchy on loan for 3 months.Then we signed Svensson and McKenzie at Christmas.Even for the run in we brought in the likes of |Kevin Cooper to give us a helping hand!Yes we were EXTREMELY LUCKY with injuries that season, but maybe you get one season in ten when that is the case.  You need to plan that you will have several injuries throughout most seasons and if you are extremely unlucky then you may pick up a couple of long term ones to key players.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Smudger"] I hope that the decisions on Darel Russell and Spillane don''t come back to bite them in the bum and that we have another couple of squad members on their way here prior to the transfer window clsoing to cover those losses.If we had of kept hold of them two and Jackson does sign, then I would''ve said that we had assembled a squad as good as any in this league.  As things stand I think that we could still be a few players short of putting in a real serious promotion push.Hopefully there is still some money in the kitty and they are going to push the boat out a little more over the next month or so???[/quote]

[/quote]Do you not read?It states in Tilly''s original post that Russell was willing to sign a contract eventually, but Lambert and the board decided that they had already spent money on other midfielders.I was hoping that the midfielders that we brought in were going to be in addition to Russell and Spillane and the rest of the squad that we had last year.  The only two midfielders I would have considered releasing this summer would''ve been Gill and Tudor Jones.  I think that if we are really wanting to challenge for the top six and beyond, then we need another addition or two to our midfield prior to the season kicking off.[/quote]

Maybe Smudger eventually was too long to wait and Lambert wanted the players in and settled.  Wouldn''t be the first time Rusty has done this to us.  Sometimes it''s best to be knocking down the managers door to let him know you want to stay and play for the club, rather than put yourself in the shop window, and when no one is interested go back and hope the club are still interested. 

[/quote]Well in my opinion we are still short of cover for a defensive central midfielder and a right hand sided midfielder or winger in our squad, as well as a right back.Do we have plans to bring in more players for these areas or is it going to be a case of we go with what we have got do you think?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Thanks for that report, John. Pretty much what I was looking for when I posted originally. I think the club might have done itself a favour by making it clear at the outset that victims of crime etc would not be charged, unless of course that actually is the result of a rethink brought on by the outcry over the £50 figure. Either way, at least that has now been established.[/quote]Unfortunately the question of the £50 surcharge wasn''t brought up during the Q & A session as time had run out. It always does at these meetings. I think it was important to get the Club stance on the matter and it was good that Richard was tackled about it at some point during the evening. I heard that he had been asked the same question by someone else there and it was pointed out that employing people to check for misuse costs a lot of money. There is also the safety issue to be considered. Carrow Road is licensed to a certain capacity and would be in trouble if that capacity was breached.A £50 penalty for losing a piece of plastic does sound a bit steep perhaps but not when it was mentioned out that some clubs - Spurs was one - offer no reprints at all !! With prices at White Hart Lane probably at least double those at Carrow Road it would disappointing to say the least to find you''d lost your ticket. On the flip side anyone lucky enough to pick it up in the street really would think the streets of London are paved with gold........ 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Smudger"] I hope that the decisions on Darel Russell and Spillane don''t come back to bite them in the bum and that we have another couple of squad members on their way here prior to the transfer window clsoing to cover those losses.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you not read?

It states in Tilly''s original post that Russell was willing to sign a contract eventually, but Lambert and the board decided that they had already spent money on other midfielders.

I was hoping that the midfielders that we brought in were going to be in addition to Russell and Spillane and the rest of the squad that we had last year.  The only two midfielders I would have considered releasing this summer would''ve been Gill and Tudor Jones.  I think that if we are really wanting to challenge for the top six and beyond, then we need another addition or two to our midfield prior to the season kicking off.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well in my opinion we are still short of cover for a defensive central midfielder and a right hand sided midfielder or winger in our squad, as well as a right back.

Do we have plans to bring in more players for these areas or is it going to be a case of we go with what we have got do you think?
[/quote]

Ideally I would want more cover, but it''s all about trusting in Lambert to know what he wants, he''s the manager and hasn''t let us down so far.

He and McNally play their cards close to their chests that''s for sure mate with regard to new players, so I guess it''s wait and see lol

Talking about charges the club make there were a few letters in the EEN tonight about their £1.50 booking fee when you ring for tickets or oreder them online.

On another matter do you know that if you sell your ticket back to the club on the buy back scheme they don''t credit you with your £10 until the next time you renew your season ticket, so if you''ve already renewed it for 3 years you have to wait 3 years to get your £10 back?

The buy-back repayment has been like this for some time CA. That''s why I never bother to use the scheme. If I know I''m going to be away I lend our season tickets to friends ............

It''s not satisfactory as the buy-back sounds such a good idea - as ever the club is exceedingly good at small print!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Talking about charges the club make there were a few letters in the EEN tonight about their £1.50 booking fee when you ring for tickets or oreder them online.

On another matter do you know that if you sell your ticket back to the club on the buy back scheme they don''t credit you with your £10 until the next time you renew your season ticket, so if you''ve already renewed it for 3 years you have to wait 3 years to get your £10 back?

[/quote]

Looks like Tilly will be ringing that nice Mr.Gough in the morning again.In fairness to the Club a booking fee is usual in the entertainment industry when ordering tickets for the shows,pop concerts etc and just look at credit card charges when you book flights and hotels online.The buyback 3 year wait is a new one on me CA so can you please put some meat on the bones with regard to that or maybe you would like to ring Mr.G on 01603 218713 as he will talk to callers as i stated earlier in this thread.

[quote user="Daphne "]The buy-back repayment has been like this for some time CA. That''s why I never bother to use the scheme. If I know I''m going to be away I lend our season tickets to friends ............

It''s not satisfactory as the buy-back sounds such a good idea - as ever the club is exceedingly good at small print![/quote]I do the same, the buyback scheme really isn''t worth bothering with.