Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

No additional ticket allocation for Colchester-Norwich game

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]

It couldn’t happen at Carrow Road irrespective of what the rule book might say now could it?

Still I’m not sure the last time the County of Norfolk invaded anywhere possibly the Peasants’ Revolt?  Rest assured we will be coming and lots of us, best consult the rule again to see what to do at your new Lego set in the event of a crowd turning up

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Colchester fan in peaceI''m surprised we are not giving you move tickets although I would have waited and expected the club to wait until the week before to see how sales were going etc.However, I will also defend our Chairmans right to not give you more, you already have nearly double the required amount by the rules and obviously he is aggrieved enough by what has happened/is happening to not help your club out.All the talk about home end fans, well, I expect the stewards etc will do nowt about it, i would expect, as with Sunderland you will find a lot of tickets canceled and therefore a lot will not be able to gain access. I also expect a VERY heavy police presence on the day as we do for any game, even the ones that will obviously only have 100 away fans, in fact I''m sure we have more for nothing games than I saw at your place this season. We have also been receiving a lot of section 27''s lately and I expect the Essex old bill will be getting ready for a lot of those.I hope there is no trouble but, if there is, it can only be blamed on those involved as if you choose to go in to seats you are not entitled to and problems arise how can you blame others ? The odd idea of ''we want extra so we should have'' just smacks of arrogance in my opinion.Anyway, this does seem to be heating the fans attitudes to each other a bit and that''s probably not a great thing.[/quote]Most Norwich fans have no problem whatsoever with Colchester.Surely you can see that your chairman is irresponsibly cranking this up?

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Colchester fan in peace

I''m surprised we are not giving you move tickets although I would have waited and expected the club to wait until the week before to see how sales were going etc.

However, I will also defend our Chairmans right to not give you more, you already have nearly double the required amount by the rules and obviously he is aggrieved enough by what has happened/is happening to not help your club out.

All the talk about home end fans, well, I expect the stewards etc will do nowt about it, i would expect, as with Sunderland you will find a lot of tickets canceled and therefore a lot will not be able to gain access. I also expect a VERY heavy police presence on the day as we do for any game, even the ones that will obviously only have 100 away fans, in fact I''m sure we have more for nothing games than I saw at your place this season. We have also been receiving a lot of section 27''s lately and I expect the Essex old bill will be getting ready for a lot of those.

I hope there is no trouble but, if there is, it can only be blamed on those involved as if you choose to go in to seats you are not entitled to and problems arise how can you blame others ? The odd idea of ''we want extra so we should have'' just smacks of arrogance in my opinion.

Anyway, this does seem to be heating the fans attitudes to each other a bit and that''s probably not a great thing.

[/quote]

You are right that Col U are entirely within their rights to not give us any further tickets. I don''t think anyone is saying that you ought to give us them if you don''t want to. I think though it would be sensible to give them to us if you are not going to sell them and I also think that your chairman is doing more single handedly to inflame fans ahead of this match than anyone else. He did not need to say what he did today. He did not need to keep publically banging on about points deductions. We may be in the wrong over Lambert (i will leave it to the tribunal) but Cowling is really not helping things at all.

[quote user="morty"]I still can''t quote you chrisy, sort that blockquote milarkey out ffs.So the common sense answer is to shut the hell up and watch the game. I

have taken friends to city matches who support the away team and we

have sat in the Barclay and I have given them this advice.

Yes, the Col U chairman is an arse, but we don''t need to stoop to his level.[/quote]

sorry i dont no how to mate =P

i see Your point mate but with the excitement this game is buiding up to i feel quite a few supporters wont be able to sit there in Peace if we give em whats Coming ??

[quote]I know that, but in this instance buying blocks of 10 & 20 seats

together in home areas and gobbing off about it isn''t the cleverest

thing in the world to do is it?[/quote]Last time I checked, the bloke who did that is anonymous on here.  And in this instance, a chairman refusing an obviously high ticket demand from away supporters, costing his club 50 k into the bargain, and causing havoc for his own stewards and the police he will have to hire, just so that he can claim some form of dubious "competitive edge" from having a half empty alleged football stadium, is obviously rocket surgery.

they are being a bunch of cry baby sh1ts. sorry, if they are gonna play those games then sod em. I were gonna travel down from huddersfield for that game. If thats the way away fans are treated, i will stay at home with this site and save me 200quid. Its a sad day, its vindictive, and ITS PATHETIC

Super chrisy martin.If any Norwich fan gobs off in the home area and gets belted or in trouble for it then I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.Its called being an adult and showing some self control.

I sat in the home end for Charlton away at the end of last season and din''t have any trouble.

Then again i left at half time and it''s not like had the opportunity to get up and cheer in the 1st half!!

Oh well i''ll take my chances and sit in the home end. If the stewards decide I can''t be there and ask me to leave then thaat''s what i''ll do as i''m an adult and it''s my choice to spend my money on a ticket for somewhere i''m not meant to be!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="dizgoo"][quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Chill guys...

Col Who''s GREATEST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil to get them in the Championship.

Norwich City''s WORST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil in League One (first competitive League game against them).

Lambo will not allow us to lose at that pathetic little tinpot hole. They are nothing.

[/quote]

What are you blithering on about.  Our record defeat was a 10-2 loss at Swindon Town in 1908.
[/quote]

And losing 2-1 at Brentford with no passion was worse than a last minute goal to get a 3-3 draw at Yeovil

[/quote]

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez

Some people!

[/quote]

It was a poor point you were trying to make.  That''s not my fault, nor Barclay Heros'' - I''d give up trying to defend it if I were you.
[/quote]

I''m not defending it.

My point stands.

Thanks to our owners small-time attitude we have to scrabble about for a point at Yeovil. Not Lambo''s fault as he has done an amazing job.

Lest we forget - we are in Division 3.

[quote user="gary "]Colchester can alloctae us whatever tickets they like - it is their home game , I suspect that Mr smallminded sees that we take a good away support every week and has decided to try and maximise home advantage as best he can

He seems to have overlooked the online ticket sales and the fact that any football fan can get into any ground if they try hard enough ( Luton always had away fans despite the ban they had in place )

If i worked in teh Colchester ticket office and read that people are openly saying that they have bought tickets in home areas , I would be alerting the police or cancelling the tickets

I can see Colchesters pint and am all for home clubs gaining all advantages they can , however when the clubs website has tickets on open sales and when they have never yet sold out their stadium , it is easy to spot flaws in this plan[/quote]Don''t you see, he''s not doing this so Colchester can gain an advantage on the day, he''s doing this because he is bitter and petty. He was more than happy to let the likes of Leeds take extra tickets to gain more revenue, but due to the PL events that took place this season, he is still sulking over it. He has done his club no favours what so ever with this decision.

[quote user="morty"]Super chrisy martin.If any Norwich fan gobs off in the home area and gets belted or in trouble for it then I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.Its called being an adult and showing some self control.[/quote]

well sorry mate Some find it Hard to not Celerbrate when there team Scores a Goal in a Game that Does Mean a great Deal, all im saying is You could see what this decison Could lead To

The away end holds just shy of 2,000. (That''s a full stop at the end of that sentence by the way). The shaded areas E1 and E2 are for matchday sales to home fans. All other areas include season tickets holders. When Leeds came they were given E1,2,3 and 4 and the East stand can be partitioned off on the concourse to give seperate catering, toilets and security to both sets of fans on that side of the ground. The Police also brought in steel barriers to partition the exterior as well. Season ticket holders in E3 and E4 had to be relocated causing resentment to those involved.

Contrary to your popular opinion you are not entitled to have as many tickets as you want. 2,000 already exceeds FL guidelines and any additional tickets are issued on discretion taking into the account the effects on the home fans. Mr Cowling is simply not offering the extra tickets because there are already large numbers of home fans in those areas who cannot be moved anyway.

You are seriously misguided if you think you can get into the home ends in large numbers, and not only that - Essex Police have a sackful of Section 27''s that they have been proven to hand out like Christmas cards at Colchester games in the last 18 months.

Inevitably some of you will get in but up to 100 Sunderland fans were left crying in there Double Maxim, after the 550 mile round trip, when refused entry to the home ends at Layer Road and that was when the ticketeting system was operated by a clockwork mechanism. So beating the current entry system may not be as easy as you think - even if you do currently have a ticket.

So to summarise you are getting your full entitlement. Whinge on.

[quote user="dizgoo"]

[quote user="Seven Up"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]We managed to get 10 tickets in the west stand block w8 over 3 weeks ago now. I think my IP postcode helped.[;)]

We knew we wouldn''t get 10 from our allocation so decided to get in early.[<:o)][Y][/quote] http://www.cu-fc.com/page/ClubInfo/0,,10424~1017820,00.html Item 13 Good Luck xx[/quote]

I''d love to see them try to eject 1000 Norwich fans

[/quote]

Got my ticket in W8

The  ban on away fans in home areas applies to all grounds - however Ive sat in the home stand at away grounds before - where you may have issues are

1) where you wear colours openly
2) where you cause trouble with home fans either through incitement or starting fights
3) in games like this joining in away chants (especially if youre surrounded by home fans - but youre an idiot if you do anyway!

Think of how it would be if some Scum fans came and sat in the lower Barclay or the Snakepit....you''d do all you could to get them ejected....

I think we could end up outnumbering the Col U fans - that would be quite funny

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

The away end holds just shy of 2,000. (That''s a full stop at the end of that sentence by the way). The shaded areas E1 and E2 are for matchday sales to home fans. All other areas include season tickets holders. When Leeds came they were given E1,2,3 and 4 and the East stand can be partitioned off on the concourse to give seperate catering, toilets and security to both sets of fans on that side of the ground. The Police also brought in steel barriers to partition the exterior as well. Season ticket holders in E3 and E4 had to be relocated causing resentment to those involved.

Contrary to your popular opinion you are not entitled to have as many tickets as you want. 2,000 already exceeds FL guidelines and any additional tickets are issued on discretion taking into the account the effects on the home fans. Mr Cowling is simply not offering the extra tickets because there are already large numbers of home fans in those areas who cannot be moved anyway.

You are seriously misguided if you think you can get into the home ends in large numbers, and not only that - Essex Police have a sackful of Section 27''s that they have been proven to hand out like Christmas cards at Colchester games in the last 18 months.

Inevitably some of you will get in but up to 100 Sunderland fans were left crying in there Double Maxim, after the 550 mile round trip, when refused entry to the home ends at Layer Road and that was when the ticketeting system was operated by a clockwork mechanism. So beating the current entry system may not be as easy as you think - even if you do currently have a ticket.

[/quote]Regarding whinging, I think your chairman has done more than enough of that. The man is frankly an embarrassment.

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

[/quote]

Learn to read, people aren''t saying we are entitled to more tickets, they are saying the reasons for tickets not being made available are dubious at best. Read the link and make you own mind up why extra tickets are not being made available!!!! To use your own words, you are seriously misguided if you think it''s because you are selling out!

Morty And Jim Smith,I can see both your points of view in answer to my post. And maybe hi comments are not helpful but we have no idea what is going on has gone on between our respective boards, I would suggest it''s not been great and our Chairman has done what he''s done. Good on him from my point of view, he is sticking up for his club.For the record I have been in the away end at games, not many. The worst and riskiest was Wycombe and I had my coat done up to hide colours, late decision to go and didn''t realise it was all ticket until I arrived. I watched the game stayed quite (other than a really odd appeal for handball that made me stick out a bit, I managed to change an appeal in to a what are you doing type shout). If your in the wrong end it''s you choice and you are there against the rules, nobody else''s choice or fault but yours whoever you try to blame.I made friends with Norwich supporters this year on holiday and I had a bit of grief coming away from you ground before that after the 7-1. I think most fans of both teams don''t have issues with most of the others.

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Morty And Jim Smith,I can see both your points of view in answer to my post. And maybe hi comments are not helpful but we have no idea what is going on has gone on between our respective boards, I would suggest it''s not been great and our Chairman has done what he''s done. Good on him from my point of view, he is sticking up for his club.For the record I have been in the away end at games, not many. The worst and riskiest was Wycombe and I had my coat done up to hide colours, late decision to go and didn''t realise it was all ticket until I arrived. I watched the game stayed quite (other than a really odd appeal for handball that made me stick out a bit, I managed to change an appeal in to a what are you doing type shout). If your in the wrong end it''s you choice and you are there against the rules, nobody else''s choice or fault but yours whoever you try to blame.I made friends with Norwich supporters this year on holiday and I had a bit of grief coming away from you ground before that after the 7-1. I think most fans of both teams don''t have issues with most of the others.[/quote]Exactly!! We have no issue whatsoever with Col U fans.He isn''t sticking up for his club. He''s being petty, and turning down a large amount of money in revenue.And he is seriously risking public safety.

[quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I''m struggling to understand how a Norwich fan who sits in the home end, gets into an argument with a Col Who fan and ends up lamping him can turn round and blame their chairman. Have any of you heard of personal responsibility?

[/quote]

[quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"] I Dont As Such Hope for Trouble but if there is, Theres Only One man To Blame He''s Fueling the Fire and I Dont believe he''s Yet realised What This Match Now has the Possibility For if Col U had Done as with every Other team who wanted extra Tickets and Given them To them all supporters would be Seggregated. But Smart *SS thort he''d be Clever without Totally thinking it Through in My view =/ and To add this To the current "dislike" between to The clubs is a Horrendous decison =][/quote]

See above. Get yourself into trouble with their fans and it''s your fault. I doubt you''d be acting so tough at Leeds or Millwall would you [:^)]

[/quote] Yes Cos i am acting Well tough lol at YOU =] =] mug I simply was Saying my disbelief at this Decision and How much Trouble it could cause, Not once did i Say im Looking Violence So please do explain to me how at all i need to Grow Up?? lmfao =] =][/quote]

F*ck me your posts are hard work to read [:|].

You need to grow up because you seem to think any trouble you get into will be the fault of the Colchester chairman. You need to learn to take responsibility for your own actions rather than looking to blame somebody else. Fact is he is well within his rights to give us the allocation of tickets that he has decided on. In may be petty in the extreme but it''s his club and his choice and the moment you choose to ignore the ticketing arrangements then you loose any right to blame him for anything that may happen to you.

I''ve sat in the home end at away games before and have never had any trouble because I''ve always shown a modicum of respect for the home supporters. If you do that I suspect you''ll be fine but if you start shooting your mouth off then you''ll have no one to blame but yourself if things turn ugly.

[quote user="Seven Up"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]

Regardless of what you may think or feel, each ground at some point has away supporters sitting among home supporters, it''s a fact.

[/quote]

I know that, but in this instance buying blocks of 10 & 20 seats together in home areas and gobbing off about it isn''t the cleverest thing in the world to do is it?[/quote]Young seven up I wasn''t gobbing off at all.Let me explain, my brother is due home that weekend from Qatar for a couple of weeks and fancied going to a game. He is a Arsenal fan,also coming will be 3 cousins who are travelling from London and are Millwall season ticket holders, my son in law who is a spurs fan(but watches most Norwich home games with me)will be attending, my other brother(another Spurs fan) and his 2 Norwich supporting sons make up the 10. We anticipated a problem getting tickets so got in early and purchased for the home area of the ground as the majority of my party(7) are not even Norwich fans but neutral(sort off), we intend watching the game and then travelling back to Norfolk for the mother of all p*ss ups. So rest your little head as we intend you no harm(can''t speak for the 3 Millwall ones though).[;)]

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

[/quote]

Learn to read, people aren''t saying we are entitled to more tickets, they are saying the reasons for tickets not being made available are dubious at best. Read the link and make you own mind up why extra tickets are not being made available!!!! To use your own words, you are seriously misguided if you think it''s because you are selling out!

[/quote]Exactly, and if Mr Cowling reasoning was because he believed Colchester fans could make up the extra numbers anyway, why make a decision so early and release this pathetic statement now? Your quite deluded if you think your Chairman is being anything but petty.

Potential earnings or another petty swipe at a fellow club? Your chairman definitely seems to be whinging on....... You say we''re being arrogant but when are you going to behave like a grown up club? All very sad & small townish.....

[quote user="Barside Edd"]
All the talk about home end fans, well, I expect the stewards etc will do nowt about it, i would expect, as with Sunderland you will find a lot of tickets canceled and therefore a lot will not be able to gain access.

[/quote]

How will they know which tickets to cancel, most of the people who have applied for tickets in the past month could have had the tickets sent to friends with IP or CO addresses and if they don''t wear colours on the day they will be hard to spot.

Bit surprised that your online system is accepting applications from NR post codes anyway but it is!

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Morty And Jim Smith,

I can see both your points of view in answer to my post. And maybe hi comments are not helpful but we have no idea what is going on has gone on between our respective boards, I would suggest it''s not been great and our Chairman has done what he''s done. Good on him from my point of view, he is sticking up for his club.

For the record I have been in the away end at games, not many. The worst and riskiest was Wycombe and I had my coat done up to hide colours, late decision to go and didn''t realise it was all ticket until I arrived. I watched the game stayed quite (other than a really odd appeal for handball that made me stick out a bit, I managed to change an appeal in to a what are you doing type shout). If your in the wrong end it''s you choice and you are there against the rules, nobody else''s choice or fault but yours whoever you try to blame.

I made friends with Norwich supporters this year on holiday and I had a bit of grief coming away from you ground before that after the 7-1. I think most fans of both teams don''t have issues with most of the others.
[/quote]

"riskiest was Wycombe"

Lol. That''s too funny. I know you have what passes for a rivalry with them, but dear oh dear - hardly Galatasary is it? 

Thanks, made me laugh.  

[quote user="Barside Edd"]Morty And Jim Smith,

I can see both your points of view in answer to my post. And maybe hi comments are not helpful but we have no idea what is going on has gone on between our respective boards, I would suggest it''s not been great and our Chairman has done what he''s done. Good on him from my point of view, he is sticking up for his club.

For the record I have been in the away end at games, not many. The worst and riskiest was Wycombe and I had my coat done up to hide colours, late decision to go and didn''t realise it was all ticket until I arrived. I watched the game stayed quite (other than a really odd appeal for handball that made me stick out a bit, I managed to change an appeal in to a what are you doing type shout). If your in the wrong end it''s you choice and you are there against the rules, nobody else''s choice or fault but yours whoever you try to blame.

I made friends with Norwich supporters this year on holiday and I had a bit of grief coming away from you ground before that after the 7-1. I think most fans of both teams don''t have issues with most of the others.
[/quote]

Ohhhhhh Wycombe!

That must have been scary

[quote user="dizgoo"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="dizgoo"][quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Chill guys...

Col Who''s GREATEST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil to get them in the Championship.

Norwich City''s WORST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil in League One (first competitive League game against them).

Lambo will not allow us to lose at that pathetic little tinpot hole. They are nothing.

[/quote]

What are you blithering on about.  Our record defeat was a 10-2 loss at Swindon Town in 1908.
[/quote]

And losing 2-1 at Brentford with no passion was worse than a last minute goal to get a 3-3 draw at Yeovil

[/quote]

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez

Some people!

[/quote]

It was a poor point you were trying to make.  That''s not my fault, nor Barclay Heros'' - I''d give up trying to defend it if I were you.
[/quote]

I''m not defending it.

My point stands.

Thanks to our owners small-time attitude we have to scrabble about for a point at Yeovil. Not Lambo''s fault as he has done an amazing job.

Lest we forget - we are in Division 3.

[/quote]

Exactly Dizgoo - and no team has an automatic right to beat others in the same division. Which is why Villa can beat Man U, Wolves can beat Villa, Cardiff beat West Brom but lose to Ipswich and we ''only'' scraped a draw with Yeovil

The reasons for being in Div 3 have been done to death elsewhere, but the fact is we are here because we deserve to be.  Norwich have become very good at losing away games, and we didnt lose that one.  Yes Lambert is responsible for the turn round but we''ve been on the slide really since 94 (with a one season blip when we got promoted)  - and our owners werent involved in 94

Hopefully we''ll be promoted at the end of the season and we can wave goodbye to the Weston Homes not in the middle of any Community stadium, Huish Park etc.  Til then we will win games, draw games and probably lose games too.  Most are expecting us to lose tonight to Southampton - who happen to be a Div 3 side too....

will have to sit in their end then. it seems they want something to kick off then they will have to pay the police bill when it does

The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety? They are deciding to break the rules due to not getting what they want i.e. more tickets. (don''t get me wrong I understand).I can''t remember our Chairmans last worth, 75million or something, but I''m sure he would rather not risk the £30k if he didn''t feel really strongly about it. Maybe petty etc but it''s his club and his choice.An alternative argument could be a) If you hadn''t taken our manager and staff then this wouldn''t be an issue b) If you had agreed a fee and paid up before taking them this wouldn''t be an issue c) if after taking them how you did a fee was agreed and paid up this wouldn''t be an issue d) if Cowling had of said, no more seats and nothing else WOULD this have been the end of the issue?As I say, I''m surprised you haven''t got them but then I think this is a Big club trying to walk over a little club issue that Cowling is not going to take.I don''t expect anything decent to come our way from the FA by the way, I find their rulings are usually poor to say the least.

[quote user="Barside Edd"]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety? They are deciding to break the rules due to not getting what they want i.e. more tickets. (don''t get me wrong I understand).I can''t remember our Chairmans last worth, 75million or something, but I''m sure he would rather not risk the £30k if he didn''t feel really strongly about it. Maybe petty etc but it''s his club and his choice.An alternative argument could be a) If you hadn''t taken our manager and staff then this wouldn''t be an issue b) If you had agreed a fee and paid up before taking them this wouldn''t be an issue c) if after taking them how you did a fee was agreed and paid up this wouldn''t be an issue d) if Cowling had of said, no more seats and nothing else WOULD this have been the end of the issue?As I say, I''m surprised you haven''t got them but then I think this is a Big club trying to walk over a little club issue that Cowling is not going to take.I don''t expect anything decent to come our way from the FA by the way, I find their rulings are usually poor to say the least.[/quote]I understand your points.But he is in a position of responsability, and he is playing out a childish, petty grudge.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, and if Mr Cowling reasoning was because he believed Colchester fans could make up the extra numbers anyway, why make a decision so early and release this pathetic statement now? Your quite deluded if you think your Chairman is being anything but petty.
[/quote]

Whilst I hold this view, those sitting in home areas should always remember the fact that if it "kicks off" it won''t just be that prat they call a chairman who will be held accountable. Both clubs will be punished and in my view thats something given the current circumstance that neither club can afford both financial and otherwise!

[quote]The People that choose to enter the area of the ground that they are not entitled to are surely the ones risking public safety?[/quote]I don''t understand this, maybe I''m being a bit thick - but if someone buys a ticket to a seat at an event, surely they are entitled to be on that seat at that event ?