Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

No additional ticket allocation for Colchester-Norwich game

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

Oh how I wonder what the tone would be had the boot been on the other foot.......

Colchester and their supporters have every right to be angry after what NCFC did to them..... and they may well go up ahead of us come May. Those who gloat now may well look very stupid should that happen. Colchester and Ipswich in the same league above us?

I also think Ady Boo might have a point to prove too.......... 

[/quote]

In what universe would a Norwich manager leave to better himself at Col Who?

Just would NEVER happen.

Oh how I wonder what the tone would be had the boot been on the other foot.......

Colchester and their supporters have every right to be angry after what NCFC did to them..... and they may well go up ahead of us come May. Those who gloat now may well look very stupid should that happen. Colchester and Ipswich in the same league above us?

[/quote]

Why don''t you take your specs off Cluck. It''s misleading.....it makes you look intelligent.

[/quote]

Good Lord Cluck we agree about something.  And then there are those like Whatever Chris Martin above salivating at the potential mayhem that may result.

This is possibly a route to disaster for the Club and the level of glee and provacation on this thread is extraordinary.

We should keep our collective heads down and concentrate on winning matches.

What really annoys me and my hubby about this is that it has nothing to do with the fans of either club as to what happened between Lambert leaving ColU and joining NCFC.

And yet, because of that immature idiot in charge of ColU, not being able to get the compensation he feels he deserves, he is intent on punishing loyal NCFC supporters.  He also seems intent on financially punishing his own club.

I am surprised the rest of the ColU board are not saying ''''hang on a minute, this is missed revenue from a so called local derby''''.  The defeat by ColU hurt, but I don''t recall any real animosity between the supporters, and yet one little man is trying, and to a certain extent being successful in causing animosity between two sets of fans, that I have not known of before.

He has decided the matter should be taken to tribunal and in effect it should stay there.

Win, lose or draw does he really believe that that one game between now and the end of the season is seriously going to affect the 2 clubs final position?

We hope that when all the dust settles, there is no trouble between the fans of the 2 clubs, as only football and it''s general reputation can be harmed.

I wonder if the little man will take his responsibility should the worst happen?

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]We managed to get 10 tickets in the west stand block w8 over 3 weeks ago now. I think my IP postcode helped.[;)]We knew we wouldn''t get 10 from our allocation so decided to get in early.[<:o)][Y][/quote]

http://www.cu-fc.com/page/ClubInfo/0,,10424~1017820,00.html

Item 13

Good Luck xx

I''m struggling to understand how a Norwich fan who sits in the home end, gets into an argument with a Col Who fan and ends up lamping him can turn round and blame their chairman. Have any of you heard of personal responsibility?

That said Mr Cowling does appear to be behaving like a dick (albeit a dick who is well within his rights [:D]) but I''m concerned that some seem to think this gives them licence to have a ruck. If that''s your attitude you''re better off staying at home.

[quote user="Seven Up"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]We managed to get 10 tickets in the west stand block w8 over 3 weeks ago now. I think my IP postcode helped.[;)]

We knew we wouldn''t get 10 from our allocation so decided to get in early.[<:o)][Y][/quote] http://www.cu-fc.com/page/ClubInfo/0,,10424~1017820,00.html Item 13 Good Luck xx[/quote]

I''d love to see them try to eject 1000 Norwich fans

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

What really annoys me and my hubby about this is that it has nothing to do with the fans of either club as to what happened between Lambert leaving ColU and joining NCFC.

And yet, because of that immature idiot in charge of ColU, not being able to get the compensation he feels he deserves, he is intent on punishing loyal NCFC supporters.  He also seems intent on financially punishing his own club.

I am surprised the rest of the ColU board are not saying ''''hang on a minute, this is missed revenue from a so called local derby''''.  The defeat by ColU hurt, but I don''t recall any real animosity between the supporters, and yet one little man is trying, and to a certain extent being successful in causing animosity between two sets of fans, that I have not known of before.

He has decided the matter should be taken to tribunal and in effect it should stay there.

Win, lose or draw does he really believe that that one game between now and the end of the season is seriously going to affect the 2 clubs final position?

We hope that when all the dust settles, there is no trouble between the fans of the 2 clubs, as only football and it''s general reputation can be harmed.

I wonder if the little man will take his responsibility should the worst happen?

[/quote]

I Dont As Such Hope for Trouble but if there is, Theres Only One man To Blame

He''s Fueling the Fire and I Dont believe he''s Yet realised What This Match Now has the Possibility For

if Col U had Done as with every Other team who wanted extra Tickets and Given them To them all supporters would be Seggregated. But Smart *SS thort he''d be Clever without Totally thinking it Through in My view =/ and To add this To the current "dislike" between to The clubs is a Horrendous decison

=]

[quote user="Seven Up"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]We managed to get 10 tickets in the west stand block w8 over 3 weeks ago now. I think my IP postcode helped.[;)]

We knew we wouldn''t get 10 from our allocation so decided to get in early.[<:o)][Y][/quote] http://www.cu-fc.com/page/ClubInfo/0,,10424~1017820,00.html Item 13 Good Luck xx[/quote]

Excellent in theory but lets say 1000 City fans get into the home supporters area, how on earth do you propose they be moved?

Add to that, I was a steward at CR for a number of years including the premier league season, it was very common to find away supporters in the home stands and they were either left or moved.

Puts on tin hat for having been a steward in the past

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

Excellent in theory but lets say 1000 City fans get into the home supporters area, how on earth do you propose they be moved?

Add to that, I was a steward at CR for a number of years including the premier league season, it was very common to find away supporters in the home stands and they were either left or moved.

[/quote]

Fact is they will not turn out 800-1000 Norwich supporters onto the streets of CuckooLand or whatever it is called.

More people we have in the away end the better.

Grow up super chrisy martin.Anyone who starts violence, however provoked, is immediately in the wrong.If I had a ticket in their home end I would quietly watch the match and enjoy it. Norwich city only stand to look bad if people go there with violence on their minds.

[quote user="dizgoo"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

Fact is they will not turn out 800-1000 Norwich supporters onto the streets of CuckooLand or whatever it is called.

More people we have in the away end the better.

[/quote]

And by "away end" I mean the Col Who parts of the ground.

[quote user="morty"]Grow up super chrisy martin.Anyone who starts violence, however provoked, is immediately in the wrong.If I had a ticket in their home end I would quietly watch the match and enjoy it. Norwich city only stand to look bad if people go there with violence on their minds.[/quote]

where did i say violence is on My mind

so If Youre sitting in the Home end and we Score and You cheer You dont think Col U fans will start throwing abuse ??

abuse can quite easyily lead to punches being thrown thats why supporters are seggregated - evryone Knows that

im saying its there Fault evryone isnt Going to be seggregated

[quote user="morty"]Grow up super chrisy martin.Anyone who starts violence, however provoked, is immediately in the wrong.If I had a ticket in their home end I would quietly watch the match and enjoy it. Norwich city only stand to look bad if people go there with violence on their minds.[/quote]Agreed!!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I''m struggling to understand how a Norwich fan who sits in the home end, gets into an argument with a Col Who fan and ends up lamping him can turn round and blame their chairman. Have any of you heard of personal responsibility?

[/quote]

[quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"] I Dont As Such Hope for Trouble but if there is, Theres Only One man To Blame He''s Fueling the Fire and I Dont believe he''s Yet realised What This Match Now has the Possibility For if Col U had Done as with every Other team who wanted extra Tickets and Given them To them all supporters would be Seggregated. But Smart *SS thort he''d be Clever without Totally thinking it Through in My view =/ and To add this To the current "dislike" between to The clubs is a Horrendous decison =][/quote]

See above. Get yourself into trouble with their fans and it''s your fault. I doubt you''d be acting so tough at Leeds or Millwall would you [:^)]

No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Chill guys...

Col Who''s GREATEST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil to get them in the Championship.

Norwich City''s WORST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil in League One (first competitive League game against them).

Lambo will not allow us to lose at that pathetic little tinpot hole. They are nothing.

[/quote]

What are you blithering on about.  Our record defeat was a 10-2 loss at Swindon Town in 1908.
[/quote]

And losing 2-1 at Brentford with no passion was worse than a last minute goal to get a 3-3 draw at Yeovil

[/quote]

[quote user="SuperChrisyMartin"] I Dont As Such Hope for Trouble but if there is, Theres Only One man To Blame He''s Fueling the Fire and I Dont believe he''s Yet realised What This Match Now has the Possibility For if Col U had Done as with every Other team who wanted extra Tickets and Given them To them all supporters would be Seggregated. But Smart *SS thort he''d be Clever without Totally thinking it Through in My view =/ and To add this To the current "dislike" between to The clubs is a Horrendous decison =][/quote]

See above. Get yourself into trouble with their fans and it''s your fault. I doubt you''d be acting so tough at Leeds or Millwall would you [:^)]

[/quote]

Yes Cos i am acting Well tough lol at YOU =] =]

mug

I simply was Saying my disbelief at this Decision and How much Trouble it could cause,

Not once did i Say im Looking Violence

So please do explain to me how at all i need to Grow Up??

lmfao

=] =]

I can''t quote your posts chrisy martin.I would consider it disrespectful to go into any home fan''s area and

cheer and gob off. Think about how you might feel if you were in the

Barclay, the opposition scored and someone leapt up and started

cheering.

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]Lol mate, stop bleating. Your point is lame in the extreme, it happens at every single ground in the country every single weekend.

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]

Regardless of what you may think or feel, each ground at some point has away supporters sitting among home supporters, it''s a fact.

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Chill guys...

Col Who''s GREATEST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil to get them in the Championship.

Norwich City''s WORST EVER result was a draw at Yeovil in League One (first competitive League game against them).

Lambo will not allow us to lose at that pathetic little tinpot hole. They are nothing.

[/quote]

What are you blithering on about.  Our record defeat was a 10-2 loss at Swindon Town in 1908.
[/quote]

And losing 2-1 at Brentford with no passion was worse than a last minute goal to get a 3-3 draw at Yeovil

[/quote]

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez

Some people!

[quote user="morty"]I can''t quote your posts chrisy martin.I would consider it disrespectful to go into any home fan''s area and

cheer and gob off. Think about how you might feel if you were in the

Barclay, the opposition scored and someone leapt up and started

cheering.[/quote]

Yea ino mate exactly, everyone would go loopy which is likely To happen with city fans in Col U home support

which is why extra tickets shouldnt have been denied in my view, there available to evry1 else so why not us =/

It''s simple really..... If you start a ruck at a football match then you are in the wrong but what happens if a Col Utd fan starts of a City fan if we score? The easiest & most sensible solution ruling out the potential for trouble is to allow the away fans to be seated in areas not sold out and easily segragated. As they have done with every other club in such a position.

If it kicks off it will be a person issue AND the chairman of ColUtd who could have made that scenario impossible. Please use a bit of common sense even if Col Utd can''t.

Colchester fan in peaceI''m surprised we are not giving you move tickets although I would have waited and expected the club to wait until the week before to see how sales were going etc.However, I will also defend our Chairmans right to not give you more, you already have nearly double the required amount by the rules and obviously he is aggrieved enough by what has happened/is happening to not help your club out.All the talk about home end fans, well, I expect the stewards etc will do nowt about it, i would expect, as with Sunderland you will find a lot of tickets canceled and therefore a lot will not be able to gain access. I also expect a VERY heavy police presence on the day as we do for any game, even the ones that will obviously only have 100 away fans, in fact I''m sure we have more for nothing games than I saw at your place this season. We have also been receiving a lot of section 27''s lately and I expect the Essex old bill will be getting ready for a lot of those.I hope there is no trouble but, if there is, it can only be blamed on those involved as if you choose to go in to seats you are not entitled to and problems arise how can you blame others ? The odd idea of ''we want extra so we should have'' just smacks of arrogance in my opinion.Anyway, this does seem to be heating the fans attitudes to each other a bit and that''s probably not a great thing.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]

Regardless of what you may think or feel, each ground at some point has away supporters sitting among home supporters, it''s a fact.

[/quote]

I know that, but in this instance buying blocks of 10 & 20 seats together in home areas and gobbing off about it isn''t the cleverest thing in the world to do is it?

[quote user="Seven Up"]No it''s not. It''s the fault of all those disregarding the Ground Regulations and purchasing tickets in the home areas.[/quote]Get over it. None of my group will be wearing any Norwich colours and we promise only to cheer when the teams come on and when Norwich score.I''d expect there to be a few hundred more in with us so removing us all my take a while.[;)]

[quote user="dizgoo"][quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Chill guys...

[/quote]What are you blithering on about.  Our record defeat was a 10-2 loss at Swindon Town in 1908.[/quote]

[/quote]

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez

Some people!

[/quote]It was a poor point you were trying to make.  That''s not my fault, nor Barclay Heros'' - I''d give up trying to defend it if I were you.

I still can''t quote you chrisy, sort that blockquote milarkey out ffs.So the common sense answer is to shut the hell up and watch the game. I

have taken friends to city matches who support the away team and we

have sat in the Barclay and I have given them this advice.

Yes, the Col U chairman is an arse, but we don''t need to stoop to his level.