Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Snow?

[quote user="jammis"]It could be a nightmare, between the kids and wrong type of snow, best I start walking now. I''m sure I have a couple of old tennis rackets I can tie to my feet...[/quote]

Be carefull that you dont slip over on a slushy area of chalk!

[quote user="Spud1973"]Its to do with the chalk content in dog food. When we were kids the chalk content was a lot higher these days they arent allowed to put so much in! Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

So that''s why all those years ago our neighbours called their black labrador, Chalky.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="jammis"]It could be a nightmare, between the kids and wrong type of snow, best I start walking now. I''m sure I have a couple of old tennis rackets I can tie to my feet...[/quote]

Be carefull that you dont slip over on a slushy area of chalk!

[/quote]

That isn''t funny at all.

Thinking back to  when I was a kid I  can remember seeing a black labrador running round the field behind where I lived with long a worm encrusted piece of chalk dangling from his arse, but in those days we just accepted it didnt we, there was none of this PC stuff!

i blame global warming!!!! oh wait...i cant stand snow, poor missus had to walk 2 miles to work in it, nicked my waterproof so I had to walk home wearing a ladies leather jacket. bloody weather.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]the floodlights are on at Carrow Road, is that for a  match or for the benefit of the dinners at Delias?[/quote]

To keep them warm maybe?

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]A girl I work with who lives in Brooke reckons she could get six inches tonight.[/quote]

Oh yeah........[:D]

Well,it is falling thick and fast down here in deepest Herts.How is it up there? And what are the weather predictions for saturday?

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]A girl I work with who lives in Brooke reckons she could get six inches tonight.[/quote]

Oh yeah........[:D]

[/quote]

So''s mine, if I bend it in half....

[quote user="Spud1973"]And children mistook the white poo for actual chalk........Just ask my wife!!!!!!![/quote]

and nowadays they can''t leave little messages

Its been a nightmare here on the North Norfolk coast, lost power at 9.30am and it didn''t come back until 11.30am this morning, was bloody freezing

Had about 6 inches of snow here last night but with gale force winds its drifted and we had about a foot surrounding my car, then snowed hard for about an hour this morning.

Hope the roads out here will be cleared tomorrow so I can drive to the game [:(]

Got to get a train from Essex, really hoping they are running on time. Only had about 4 inches here but the country just doesn''t seem able to manage in these conditions, fingers crossed. [:S]

Loads here in Beccles nice to see. Just have to leave early to get to the match.

I wonder whether we should bid for the winter olympics.

At least thats how much snow you''d think we currently had the way people are going on about it.

Canada, USA, Italy and countless other countries don''t have this problem.

Working at home as I got stuck five times just trying to get out of our estate! May not make it from Lynn unless the gritters do a better job than they did last night!

About 7 inches here, down south. Not sure how the journey will be for the game tomorrow.

I was on a plane recently (ooh!) sitting next to a girl from Bucharest and she said the roads don''t get cleared when it snows over there either so traffic can''t move. Glad to know it''s not just our country that can''t manage the transport infrastructure when it snows. Small comfort I know.

Also need to remember places like USA and Canada get snow for months on end so it''s viable for them to have good systems in place.

As we get relatively little snow by comparison, the cost to clear (ie buying equipment that''s very expensive and possibly only needed a few days a year, yet would need storing in large warehouses/depots) against the cost of not clearing has to be weighed up. I watched a programme on it last year when this topic was investigated on our local news. Quite enlightening. It didn''t relieve the frustration at the lack of clear roads but helped me to understand why.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Working at home as I got stuck five times just trying to get out of our estate! May not make it from Lynn unless the gritters do a better job than they did last night![/quote]

Snowing here again - grrrrrrrrrr

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Working at home as I got stuck five times just trying to get out of our estate! May not make it from Lynn unless the gritters do a better job than they did last night![/quote]

Snowing here again - grrrrrrrrrr

[/quote]

Going to be so funny in Norwich tonight, Mad Friday with all the work Christmas parties of drunken people falling over in the snow! Awesome.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I see people have been flying in jumbo jets to the climate change conference in copenhagen.[/quote]

It figures. Maybe they thought it was a conference to promote climate change as a good idea! Don''t do as I do, do as I say. They are all hypocrites, and one of the biggest pseudo-enviromentalist hypocrites of all is Prince Charles - the man who knows nothing about a lot. One day the great man was out on a jolly jape - probably out shooting or something really important. He was in a fair sized convoy of five or six Range Rovers (the car of choice of the ecologist, obviously!), and they had driven 40 or 50 miles from his palatial residence (Highgrove?), when suddenly he remembered he had left a solitary light burning at home. Concerned at the amount of carbon this one tiny bulb could generate, he ordered the entire convoy to turn around and guzzle its way back home so that he could switch of the offending light source. There''s brains for you!

[/quote]Yes, I''m sure that is completely true!!!!

Where is the source of this urban myth (lie)?

Not that I''m a fan of his, but I can''t believe that people are stupid enough to believe these type of stories.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Anyone know what its like the airport side of Norwich please?

[/quote]Not much at all here really