Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

Should Otsemobor be dropped?

Today wasn''t just his fault i know, the whole team was poor but I have to say that today was his worst performance by far this season.

The one time he got forward his cross was appalling, and for the rest of the game he couldn''t have looked less interested in the game. The man was asleep and needs a firm kick up the arse. This proves again that we need a proper captain - someone should have had a go at him early in the first half to try and wake him up.

Part of the problem is that he has no competition. Since Omosuzi returned to Fulham I can''t recall anyone else playing right back - is there anyone? Leijer perhaps? If he''s got no reason to fight for his place then it''s not just his fault.

Get it together Jonny, you''ve had a terrible season. but then so has most of the team i guess!

otbc

No, because we haven''t go anyone else.

Apart from one great run today where he pulled a great ball back (a lack of movement in the box meant it wasn''t done justice) he was poor which is a shame because his form recently has been better.

He certainly seemed half asleep on more than one occasion today, I thought he could have done more to stop the winning goal but he seemed to be having one of his regular naps.

Jon Otsemobor is a useless waste of space - the most infuriating player I have ever seen in the Yellow n Green.

Would play Korey Smith at RB next week - have seen him there for reserves and at youth level, and has always done a good job. At least you can guarantee he will give you 100%.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

He certainly seemed half asleep on more than one occasion today, I thought he could have done more to stop the winning goal but he seemed to be having one of his regular naps.

[/quote]

Too damn right he could. It was his player who ''scored'' and who was trying to tackle him...Crofty.

[quote user="San Miguel"]

Today wasn''t just his fault i know, the whole team was poor but I have to say that today was his worst performance by far this season.

The one time he got forward his cross was appalling, and for the rest of the game he couldn''t have looked less interested in the game. The man was asleep and needs a firm kick up the arse. This proves again that we need a proper captain - someone should have had a go at him early in the first half to try and wake him up.

Part of the problem is that he has no competition. Since Omosuzi returned to Fulham I can''t recall anyone else playing right back - is there anyone? Leijer perhaps? If he''s got no reason to fight for his place then it''s not just his fault.

Get it together Jonny, you''ve had a terrible season. but then so has most of the team i guess!

otbc

[/quote]

Trouble is who is there to replace him that''s better?  Mind you his performance today was worse than woeful.  The only one IMHO who played well was Shacks.

Dropped? Semi should be shot and used for dog food. About all he''s good for, i''d say..

He is crap and always has been. His only asset is that he can run fast but when you do not give someone a brain it is not much use. He is Norwich Citys Forest Gump!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]He is crap and always has been. His only asset is that he can run fast but when you do not give someone a brain it is not much use. He is Norwich Citys Forest Gump![/quote]

LMFAO yewwwwwwww make i larfffffff [:D]

Korey Smith.. so you''d all rather have a midfielder played out of position than semmy played at full back? i do wonder about some peopel on here...

we need another right back at e club, then take semmy out of the firing line..

jas :)

Jas, Smith has played RB for the reserves and the youth team that got to the quarter finals of the FA Cup excellently this season. OK, so most of his appearances in the youth team have been in midfield but he is more than adequate up against men at RB.

[quote user="LQ"]Jas, Smith has played RB for the reserves and the youth team that got to the quarter finals of the FA Cup excellently this season. OK, so most of his appearances in the youth team have been in midfield but he is more than adequate up against men at RB.

[/quote]

Ryan Bertrands played left wing.. suppose youd stick him there too every week?

Sometimes yes.It depends what the team needs. If the major opposition threat comes from their right then by all means stoke up the left wing with effectively two defensive players out there. Today for example I''d have had Carney off after 20 minutes and Lappin over to help Bertrand out on that side.Seriously, Smith has proved himself to be very able at RB (although he may not like it!)

Yes Jas - would far rather we played someone there with a bit of passion who is going to give his all for the team, rather than a scouse waste of space just collecting his wage.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Yes Jas - would far rather we played someone there with a bit of passion who is going to give his all for the team, rather than a scouse waste of space just collecting his wage.[/quote]

so some of the small minded fans can ruin the poor boys confidence by lambasting every mistake he makes out of position....

remember Ian Henderson?

Ots was woeful again today and should take as much blame for the goal as anyone,  it was ball not to a danger zone and they scored!   but there is no alternative.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Yes Jas - would far rather we played someone there with a bit of passion who is going to give his all for the team, rather than a scouse waste of space just collecting his wage.[/quote]

so some of the small minded fans can ruin the poor boys confidence by lambasting every mistake he makes out of position....

remember Ian Henderson?

[/quote]Jas is right, Semi is rubbish but you don''t solve that problem by picking a youth/reserve team player and playing him out of position in a relegation battle.

It''s not playing him out of position though, Jas.The boy may prefer to play in midfield but there is no doubt he is a very effective right back.

Yes he was bad today and shouldn''t start against Swansea. Can''t Leijer play there?

Semmy has been poor most of the season but I''d be even more worried about Korey Smith starting there. I know he''s from our academy which means we have to give him bonus points but he doesn''t look like he''s going to do a lot at this level, in my opinion. He did well to get their boy sent off but other than that I thought he looked lost, especially when he was defending.

I saw him in that game against Barnet Res and he was unconvincing playing right back against them.

[quote user="LQ"]It''s not playing him out of position though, Jas.

The boy may prefer to play in midfield but there is no doubt he is a very effective right back.

[/quote]

Dean Windass and Rio Ferdinand have both played in goal in competitive matches in their careers too... just because a player can play in a position doesnt make them any good in that position does it? especially not over a run of games.. theres 5 games left and we cant afford some pimply kid making mistakes every week.

Like someone said above, play Leijer.

Quite simply the player who is available to do the best job for the team should play there! And if that is Semmy then we are in trouble! There are other possibilities and Korey Smith, essentially a midfielder, and Adrian Leijer essentially a centre back, are two possibilities. Players play for a team where they can be most beneficial and Jas, are you saying nobody can be better at RB than Semmy? As for players playing out of position .... how many games has Jamie Carragher played at RB for Liverpool because his manager thought it was part of the best option available to him?

Well, whatever we do for the rest of the season, a good RB has to be very high up on the summer shopping list.

Korey Smith is not the answer, the reserves and academy are miles away from the quality needed in the Championship, Smith is too slow for a right back.