Sign in to follow this  
ca

Is there anyone who still thinks we'll stay up??

Just wondered if after todays result that anyone still thinks we will stay up. Yes I know its not over until its mathematically impossible but I think we need a miracle now.

If you''re still optimistic then cheer us up and tell us where you think the 17/18 pts needed are coming from?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just wondered if after todays result that anyone still thinks we will stay up. Yes I know its not over until its mathematically impossible but I think we need a miracle now.

If you''re still optimistic then cheer us up and tell us where you think the 17/18 pts needed are coming from?

[/quote]

I just think we will do it ....just a feeling I have !!!

Dunno what I think, I don''t think it''s sinking in for me yet. You can''t say we''re relegated though yet with 11 games to go that''s crazy but you do have to question where the wins are going to come from.

lets have a little look.

Tuesday, 03 March 2009

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

QPR v Norwich, 20:00

Saturday, 07 March 2009

Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Norwich v Cardiff, 19:45

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Norwich v Plymouth, 15:00

Saturday, 21 March 2009

Saturday, 04 April 2009

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Swansea v Norwich, 15:00

Monday, 13 April 2009

Norwich v Watford, 15:00

Sunday, 19 April 2009

Ipswich v Norwich, 12:45

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Norwich v Reading, 15:00

Sunday, 03 May 2009

Charlton v Norwich, 15:00

I can''t see us winning away from home again (except ipswich, we do normally play well against them) and for the sake of giving us a chance to stay up im going to say we can get three points. Also, if we have to go away to charlton and win to stay up, we will. We are always good under pressure on the last game of the season (ahem, 6-0). so that gives us 6 points, beat sheff wed, watford, plymouth and cardiff at home thats 18 points and finishing on 52 points. means we can afford to lose against reading, swansea, birmingham, blackpool and qpr. Cool [H]

anyone?

[quote user="Glenn Foy"]

I can''t see us winning away from home again (except ipswich, we do normally play well against them) and for the sake of giving us a chance to stay up im going to say we can get three points. Also, if we have to go away to charlton and win to stay up, we will. We are always good under pressure on the last game of the season (ahem, 6-0). so that gives us 6 points, beat sheff wed, watford, plymouth and cardiff at home thats 18 points and finishing on 52 points. means we can afford to lose against reading, swansea, birmingham, blackpool and qpr. Cool [H]

anyone?

[/quote]

Fanciful...but I''m with you as far as hope goes...keep the faith!

I am afraid the previous misguided optimism has been hit by the reality of our recent results. going down, going down.  Only sorry I didn''t put money on this early in season as I would have probably lost.

I don''t i''m afraid CA, in fact relegation at Portman road is looking more and more likely.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Not an iceberg''s chance in hell.[/quote]At least you will be able to change this:- "It''s not the disappointment, it''s the hope I can''t cope with".

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

It was "Kett''s Hill" before the match and "Gas Hill" after the match.

Anything less than 4 points from the next couple of away games and it becomes "North face of the Eiger"

Head says we are BURIED. Yet Norwich are forever an unpredicatable lot- and if we can beat Wolves we can do it.

If we suddenly hit a run and survived it would not surprise me...and it would be typical for us to wait until hearts hit the floor to do it!

That said it is VERY unlikely

At this point I would have to say no. The team performance is no better than when Peter Grant was in charge. I think it’s funny that people somehow think we are going to beat Ipswich, we are going to get stuffed which will be the final nail in the coffin.

The sooner people accept league one the better, don''t get me wrong I hope I am proved incorrect but the facts speak for themselves, 1 win in 8 is relegation form.

God almighty, let''s put it this way, I have accepted we will be relegated, and if we aren''t it''s a bonus.  So when it happens I will be prepared''ish lol

I think we''ll stay up, though for the first time this season i can''t sensibly justify the feeling. Maybe it''s that eternal optimism, eh?

It doesn''t really bother me if we do go down, in all honesty, as long as it doesn''t happen at Portacabin Road. I''ll still be there, and it won''t affect my love or support of the football club. Don''t get me wrong, i''ll be utterly miserable for a while, but it''s not the end of the world, and it''s just another chapter in the rollercoaster ride of supporting City. You take the good with the bad, an'' all that, and for better or worse i''m in this for life.

Not many too optimistic now are there??

If we lose to QPR and Blackpool its all over and I will start thinking about how I''ll spend my 15% rebate on my season ticket [:D]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I was optimistic prior to the Coventry game but not now we need snookers[/quote]

And lots of em, hopeing what we hear of clubs faceing admin comes to our aid is not the best way to do it either  

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]God almighty, let''s put it this way, I have accepted we will be relegated, and if we aren''t it''s a bonus.  So when it happens I will be prepared''ish lol[/quote]That pretty much sums up my feelings... I think we''re down and am trying to come to terms with that early, but you never know with this football club!

Anyone brave enough to admit that they still think we''ll stay up?

[quote user="cityangel"]Anyone brave enough to admit that they still think we''ll stay up?[/quote]

I still haven''t given up Angel, but 6 points next week is a must or we will be too far adrift.

Very hard to see us staying up now, not just going by our position in the table but our recent form. Let''s face it - being outplayed by Blackpool is nearly as bad as it gets. Only if we play well against Cardiff and win will I start to feel optimistic again.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="cityangel"]Anyone brave enough to admit that they still think we''ll stay up?[/quote]

The way this Club is going down the toilet I think we''ll be asking the same question this time next year...........in League One.

[/quote]

We certainly will be Smithy unless the fans drive the witch out NOW.

Can we tie some bricks around her ankles and throw her in the Wensum?

Witches float don''t they???