Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Pecker

New Investor to be Announced this week.

[quote user="Grando"]How can anyone give any possibility of credibility to this? If a group of rich Asian businessmen wanted to build their brand to sell the idea of reclaiming the wash - why would they happen upon pouring money into NCFC as a way to help sell this environmentally untennable scheme!? I''ll grant you though, it''s a very funny thread![/quote]

The norfolk broads probably weren''t very environmentally friendly when they were just holes where peat used to be, either [:)]

All highly amusing stuff - the notion of new Dubai style development in the Wash is particularly amusing.

The other thing that really sinks it for me is the notion that (i) someone who has been doing due diligence on a takeover would be able to simply post it on here - they would beb sacked immediately and (ii) that thei person would be posting updates on the situation whilst actually in a meeting with the board! Laughable really!

Having said that I will still no doubt be checking on here on wednesday morning!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

All highly amusing stuff - the notion of new Dubai style development in the Wash is particularly amusing.

The other thing that really sinks it for me is the notion that (i) someone who has been doing due diligence on a takeover would be able to simply post it on here - they would beb sacked immediately and (ii) that thei person would be posting updates on the situation whilst actually in a meeting with the board! Laughable really!

Having said that I will still no doubt be checking on here on wednesday morning!

[/quote]

I raised the same point yesterday regarding if he was doing due diligence surely he would have had to sign something so that none of it leaks to press or fans. This thread is funny though, although since GNG there hasn''t been any thread that''s quite caught my attention like his ones lol.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Surely you fine people are not suggesting that this individual is lying. You have to remember that he''s not some school kid making it all up in his bedroom. He said so and he must be trusted. [:P]
[/quote]

Of course I trust his every word completely [:S]

A mate of mine says this is horse**** for a whole bunch of reasons :

Mainly -

The CAB wouldn''t invest elsewhere as they are entirely about setting up projects across Brunei to improve living/working conditions.

The barrier across the wash sort of already exists, just not across the middle of it!  There is a currently eroding dune type thing that seperates fresh water from salt water marshes. RSPB say it is cream crackered and needs repairing or all the birdies will do one. Gvnt currently says, "RSPB, you do one !".

So you can mark another one down as a cynic here.

DAMN!After reading the first page I sold everything I own to fund the purchase of several thousand hectares of land around the airport and then a few pages later I find I would have been better off investing in the sea-bed in The Wash!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Blahx3 - I don''t think anyone believes any of this, but with 100 posts and 4,500 views carry on![/quote]

Ah but Pete, don''t we all want it to be true ? [:)]

This wind up reminds me of a special pull out section the Lynn News and Advertiser did one April 1st which fooled a lot of people-it was about how Kings Lynn was going to be flooded and made the "Venice of the West", with all the shops etc having boat access and the Walks being like a water leisure part for water skiing etc! It was brilliantly done with plans and everything...

...this one hasn''t been brilliantly done, but, for audacity, its up there!

Do you get the feeling that he''s put in the "they want the kit all green" as a get out later. I bet on Wednesday we''re going to hear that it fell through as they couldn''t decide on the kit.

As for the 100 years of UK oil & gas reserves, that''s not what the government think http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=129

the original poster wont be coming on this board any more.. the staff at Hellesdon hospital found him wandering torwards sprowston in blue cotton pajamas and slippers, he has no been returned to the mental Hospitals secure wing.. Staff apologise for any dismay caused to Pinkun posters

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the original poster wont be coming on this board any more.. the staff at Hellesdon hospital found him wandering torwards sprowston in blue cotton pajamas and slippers, he has no been returned to the mental Hospitals secure wing.. Staff apologise for any dismay caused to Pinkun posters

[/quote]he can''t be totally mad...he was leaving hellesdon for sprowston!

[/quote]

well done on reaching the big 9k Jas [:)] you must have the biggest amount of posts on this mb

[/quote]

LMAO quality[:D]

[quote user="C T has left the building "][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

well done on reaching the big 9k Jas [:)] you must have the biggest amount of posts on this mb

[/quote]

He joined on the very same day I walked out of a job I had in Asda.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="C T has left the building "][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Power to the People! F**k the Establishment! and all that... lol

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="C T has left the building "][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Was there not enough footballers in there, that day? [:P]

I''m totally shocked that they''re going to put a barrage across the Wash. It will completely destroy the ecology of an area designated as Special Scientific Interest. Any large scale changes will detroy the local fauna and flora of this unique part of Europe. As a member of Friends of the Earth, I for one will be making a protest.

And don''t think for one minute it is just the Wash that will be affected. The change in the direction of the North Sea currents will cause wholesale coastal erosian. You can expect the whole of the North Norfolk coast to suffer. In a few years the seaside towns of that pretty part of out lovely county will be swept into the sea. No wonder they wish to build a city in th middle of the Wash. Where will the people afford the housing, that''s what I want to know.

Emily Brittle

[quote user="Emily"]

I''m totally shocked that they''re going to put a barrage across the Wash. It will completely destroy the ecology of an area designated as Special Scientific Interest. Any large scale changes will detroy the local fauna and flora of this unique part of Europe. As a member of Friends of the Earth, I for one will be making a protest.

And don''t think for one minute it is just the Wash that will be affected. The change in the direction of the North Sea currents will cause wholesale coastal erosian. You can expect the whole of the North Norfolk coast to suffer. In a few years the seaside towns of that pretty part of out lovely county will be swept into the sea. No wonder they wish to build a city in th middle of the Wash. Where will the people afford the housing, that''s what I want to know.

Emily Brittle

[/quote]Couldnt you have just logged in as your previous account and said "bump"??

[quote user="hogesar"]Eight pages? If he was after attention, he certainly got it.[/quote]Why does the cliche ''attention seeking'' gets mentioned?  I''ve never understood this phrase, because if  the BS was ignored this thread would have slipped away ages ago.  I''m more surprised how gullible people can be, that''s more shocking.

I totally agree Emily and then there''s the proposed increase of flights in and out of what will be the major airport for Eastern England.

What with all this and humans massive contribution to global warming I will just have to reduce my tearing up and down the A14 in my 4 x 4 to 14 times a week and switch off the stand-by on one of my tv''s.

It really is a worry.