Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Pecker

New Investor to be Announced this week.

Is there no ambition at all with the current AIRPORT board? Our Airport needs another runway, but the ''happy jetters'' and ''tax-free apologists'' are content to see us remain a tiny provincial Airport! When will they realise that it is time for investment ''on the tarmac'', and not on infra-structure. I am seriously thinking of putting away my passport in protest until this BOARD goes. 

Ralph Wright - the bin finder generalA binner starts a silly thread about some supposed involvement with a bunch of wealthy foreigners.Ralph posts, in reply, a parody of said post in which he makes fun of our impoverished neighbours.And with all the predictability of the old porkers coming running at the rattle of a stick in a swill bin up pops the usual troll in defence of the binners.Not too difficult to flush out these bin boys. Any gentle poke at their pomposity or side swipe at their gross incompetence will set them off.Cheers Bly Bly Babes, you didn''t let me down.

ps apologies bin boy if I occasionally take the pee out of you paupers - this is a City board after all

Just saw this mornings South China Post newspaper and rumors that a Chinese consortium are entering the bidding for NCFC. This could turn out to be an auction to the highest bidder!

Another day, another dollar. And the sun breaks through the early grey dawn. So some of you have doubts about my genuine posts. I know you want to see a smoking gun but all I can offer is cicumstantial evidence. The smoke if you will. Come Wednesday and you''ll see. So let''s back up for a minute.

First someone claimed that Crown Assets Bureau doesn''t exist, but that was refuted by another poster. Then someone mentioned 747s but I said the upgrade centered around the eletronic landing equipment. Currently old technology NDB (Non Directional Beacons) radar is used to guide in planes.  I''m not an air communication expert but the new technology uses aircraft-installed GPS systems linked to ground equipment. Others thought the Wash project was hogwash (scuse the pun) but its been done in the Persian Gulf and a poster gave details about experiemnts at Delft in the Netherlands. A brand new airport capable of landing 747s and A380s will be built in the Wash as has been done in Hong Kong and on reclaimed land. Those sugar beet farmers around Wisbeach are about to hit the gold seam. And I told you to give me a sighting of the Board at Carrow Road on Monday morning, there was none was there.

Today I''m doing due diligence in the catering areas, so if anybody out there sees three suits wandering about the place say Hi! I''ll tip ya a wink. And if Camuldomun PMs me, I''ll give him a little scoop. Now what can be fairer than that?

This is so funny. On the one hand you deserve credit and applause for your time, effort and imagination. So nearly plausible....BUT also so lame. Why? Because you clearly have no knowledge of business and equally your ''adult'' talk rings hollow. Something about the ''over heated bulbs and glenmorangie'' just doesn''t ring true. As though a teen is playing dad. I suggest that in future you dont feel the need to tell us what you earn or that you are in trouble etc....(hint- a big shot does not grumble on internet forums that people are getting him into trouble- that is the world of children and teachers) Also a multi-million pound takeover being held up over the shade of green is so absurd as to be hilarious- but no-one is THAT gullible.

But well done for staying in role and keeping up the charade- the longer you tell a lie and the bigger it is- the more people believe you. Just as the Nazis

The posts are well written and intelligent, reminds me of a certain Gordon who promised never to return........

So the Sultan of Brunei is going to buy Norfolk, upgrade Norwich Airport, drain the Wash and build another airport and as an aside to all of this investment he is going to buy Norwich City FC. Apparently a member of the team involved in the deal is freely divulging all of the details to the Pink Un board (rather than the tabloids).......you couldn`t make it up.............[:O]

Today I''m doing due diligence in the catering areas, so if anybody out there sees three suits wandering about the place say Hi! I''ll tip ya a wink.

Of course you are dear old thing, of course you are.

Are you going to be trying the tasting menu or have they promoted you to bar snacks?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

So the Sultan of Brunei is going to buy Norfolk, upgrade Norwich Airport, drain the Wash and build another airport and as an aside to all of this investment he is going to buy Norwich City FC. Apparently a member of the team involved in the deal is freely divulging all of the details to the Pink Un board (rather than the tabloids).......you couldn`t make it up.............[:O]

[/quote]

But he just did.

[quote user="Emily"]

I''m totally shocked that they''re going to put a barrage across the Wash. It will completely destroy the ecology of an area designated as Special Scientific Interest. Any large scale changes will detroy the local fauna and flora of this unique part of Europe. As a member of Friends of the Earth, I for one will be making a protest.

And don''t think for one minute it is just the Wash that will be affected. The change in the direction of the North Sea currents will cause wholesale coastal erosian. You can expect the whole of the North Norfolk coast to suffer. In a few years the seaside towns of that pretty part of out lovely county will be swept into the sea. No wonder they wish to build a city in th middle of the Wash. Where will the people afford the housing, that''s what I want to know.

Emily Brittle

[/quote]

Bloody Greenpeace. With there sunflower oil powered boats, protest for the sake of protesting.

[quote user="Emily"]

I''m totally shocked that they''re going to put a barrage across the Wash. It will completely destroy the ecology of an area designated as Special Scientific Interest. Any large scale changes will detroy the local fauna and flora of this unique part of Europe. As a member of Friends of the Earth, I for one will be making a protest.

And don''t think for one minute it is just the Wash that will be affected. The change in the direction of the North Sea currents will cause wholesale coastal erosian. You can expect the whole of the North Norfolk coast to suffer. In a few years the seaside towns of that pretty part of out lovely county will be swept into the sea. No wonder they wish to build a city in th middle of the Wash. Where will the people afford the housing, that''s what I want to know.

Emily Brittle

[/quote]

Emily you rock, you are the best bit to date (no pun intended) on the truly epic thread.

Reclaiming The Wash would to all intents and purposes be on a par with Deliverance where movie buffs will recall there was an ‘interesting’ mix of a remote rural region, a dam being built, Hill Billys and some City Boys experience rural life to the fullest possible extent.

Perhaps if John Boorman wants to make Deliverance II he can do it right here in North Norfolk once the sultan has finished with his Lego set and built the new dam.

Now where the hell is Ah Newton Mink or is he squealing like a pig?

Anyway more please, this is the best ever thread

Is this still going?!!!Good to see that we''ve now got Friends of the Earth involved - perhaps we can start to get the national press interested now?  After all, draining the Wash, building the new Heathrow & creating a new mega-city must rate a few columns in the national rags?!God,  my Mum lives in Sheringham, I''m off to tell her to sell up before it gets washed into the sea as a jumbo circles overhead to land at Wisbech International!!!!!

[quote user="Yellow Pecker"]Then someone mentioned 747s but I said the upgrade centered around the eletronic landing equipment. Currently old technology NDB (Non Directional Beacons) radar is used to guide in planes.  I''m not an air communication expert but the new technology uses aircraft-installed GPS systems linked to ground equipment. Others thought the Wash project was hogwash (scuse the pun) but its been done in the Persian Gulf and a poster gave details about experiemnts at Delft in the Netherlands. A brand new airport capable of landing 747s and A380s will be built in the Wash as has been done in Hong Kong and on reclaimed land.[/quote]You also suggested that we should be investing in the land around Norwich airport because the price of the land in that area will rocket due to the planned airport expansion. Have you dropped that part of the story in favour of the more glamorous Wash airport idea?

[quote user="Lazza"][quote user="Yellow Pecker"]Then someone mentioned 747s but I said the upgrade centered around the eletronic landing equipment. Currently old technology NDB (Non Directional Beacons) radar is used to guide in planes.  I''m not an air communication expert but the new technology uses aircraft-installed GPS systems linked to ground equipment. Others thought the Wash project was hogwash (scuse the pun) but its been done in the Persian Gulf and a poster gave details about experiemnts at Delft in the Netherlands. A brand new airport capable of landing 747s and A380s will be built in the Wash as has been done in Hong Kong and on reclaimed land.[/quote]You also suggested that we should be investing in the land around Norwich airport because the price of the land in that area will rocket due to the planned airport expansion. Have you dropped that part of the story in favour of the more glamorous Wash airport idea?[/quote]Glamorous? [:P]

[quote user="singingriverender"]

Either way, true or false, there is certain to be red faces on wednesday.

I will so laugh if this is true tho. However, I doubt it...

[/quote]

"I know something you don''t know"

[quote user="Yellow Pecker"]Regarding the airport. Norwich is a tiny regional airport with just those little prop planes hopping over to Amsterdam. The CAB has identified transport infrastructure as a major weakness in the region and an expanded airport, capable of serving larger aircraft, upgraded with the latest air traffic control equipment will mean no long drives up the bridal path that is the A11, or transfers in Amsterdam. Quite simply, aircraft will be able to land from a much wider type of plane. Don''t forget either that this new airport can service Newmarket racing rather than having to slum it through Stansted or Heathrow.[/quote]

You Dumbass, more proof of your BS.  Norwich is much larger than your poor mind imagines. As this is in my line I can quite catagorically confirm that we do not just have little prop planes (or puddle jumpers as they are known in the trade). Norwich can take at least 737''s and if i could be arsed to phone my mate who works in the tower I could tell you exactly how large they can take. And they already have the latest gear you idiot. And why would People want to fly to Norwich for Newmarket, when it''s only just up the M/A11 from Stanstead?

I''m not sure if this is off topic or not - it''s kind of a side issue but...IF this turns out to be true, what would peoples feeling be about it?IF we became one of the richest clubs in the world and could buy almost any player in the world like Man U & Chelsea have and like Man C might do, would that make you all happy?IF we were to find ourselves competing with the best clubs in Europe along with Man U, Chelsea, Inter, Barca, Real etc would that really be a good thing?I''m not so sure myself.I''m kind of used to the annual struggle, fighting for every point. If wins became the norm would I be happier?I went to every home game in our European run and it was magical, watching us competing alongside these great names and watching the players out-performing the best teams in the world. Beating Bayern in the Olympic stadium has to be one of the best NCFC moments ever (shame I couldn''t be there). Even the games against Inter were pretty even and I''m not sure we really deserved to lose.IF we became another billionaires plaything and this sort of thing becomes commonplace the magic would be lost. I think that would be sad.Personally I''d rather we were bought by someone with enough resources to would allow us to compete in Prem along the lines of Aston Villa or Everton (ven though I hate Everton) currently are and Tottenham & Newcastle ought to be.

I really don''t understand why people get so uptight about these rumours, I for one LOVE this stuff. Whether or not you think it to be utter tosh, it gives this message board a bit of excitement and makes a change from the usual ''I fink Fovrinum is well sh!t cos he dunt score any goals'' rubbish that gets churned out everyday.

Well i am lookign forward to tomorrow, to be proven wrong or for the complemetry its been delayed teh new owners want to build are new satdium in london, to get more fans, bull manure.

And if we became the richest club in the world playerprices would just treble.