Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Delia Outers - Put Up or Shut Up

[quote user="Badger"]

Reading this board you would think that most City fans want Delia out, from the constant barrage of criticism that they give. The truth of the matter is that most fans want more investment and were excited by the Cullum thing and were left disappointed that we weren''t going to get the millions, but are grown up enough to accept it.

Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led.

I know that some will deny this - so let''s have simple test shall we? At kick off on Saturday all of those that want Delia to go just hold up a "Delia Out" placard. No need for excuses about disrupting the team etc., you can continue to cheer the team, just hold up your placard for the last minute before kick off. You won''t cause any disruption don''t worry because there won''t even be 50 of you. The militant Delia out campaigners don''t go to matches and many of them go down the road instead.

If I am wrong I will apologise - others - including the thousands that don''t normally post - will be able to judge.

Fair enough?

[/quote]

You should not confuse the general lack of willingness of most Norwich fans to protest or kick up a fuss as being the same thing as them supporting the board. There is admittedly a gropup of Norwich fans for whom Delia can do no wrong and who will never question her judgment but from my experience the general fan on the street is of the view that something needs to happen if we are to progress again.

[quote user="Badger"]Interestingly Paint Me Yellow, you do not even try to deny deliberate misrepresentation of what was said.[/quote]

Interestingly you don''t even try point out what posts of yours are stone wall facts?

Careful there Jim Smith, you''re "deliberately misrepresenting what was said" by badger.

[quote user="Badger"]

Reading this board you would think that most City fans want Delia out, from the constant barrage of criticism that they give. The truth of the matter is that most fans want more investment and were excited by the Cullum thing and were left disappointed that we weren''t going to get the millions, but are grown up enough to accept it.

Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led.

I know that some will deny this - so let''s have simple test shall we? At kick off on Saturday all of those that want Delia to go just hold up a "Delia Out" placard. No need for excuses about disrupting the team etc., you can continue to cheer the team, just hold up your placard for the last minute before kick off. You won''t cause any disruption don''t worry because there won''t even be 50 of you. The militant Delia out campaigners don''t go to matches and many of them go down the road instead.

If I am wrong I will apologise - others - including the thousands that don''t normally post - will be able to judge.

Fair enough?

[/quote]

This is possibly the most pathetic post I have ever seen. Most City fans want to see the back of Delia.

Groan .....

Badger please tell me you are studying philosophy or psychology to restore my faith in human nature.

The subtle change from several to anyone is actually because that is exactly what you are attempting to do through the construction of your post.  You are of course one of those who use this entire lazy insult style of arguing.

Another one of your tactics is to pick up on individual words, rather than take the context of the post.

This actually brings us to your main theme which is handled in the same way by homing in on soundbites about the issues rather than taking the trouble to gain a real understanding of the underlying issues.

I think I have answered your point, so I will now dust down my blue and white scarf and head off down the A140.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

You should not confuse the general lack of willingness of most Norwich fans to protest or kick up a fuss as being the same thing as them supporting the board. There is admittedly a gropup of Norwich fans for whom Delia can do no wrong and who will never question her judgment but from my experience the general fan on the street is of the view that something needs to happen if we are to progress again.

[/quote]

I agree Jim. I am certainly not one of those that don''t want the extra money or one who thinks Delia walks on water. I just don''t like the way that some in here are trying to whip up a crisis before the first home game of the season! Look at some of the threads

"Give us a F***ing football team or F*** off. "

where will we come in league 1 next season?

Time for Roeder to move on

Enough Is Enough

The trouble is that they post so much and they try to claim things as facts that are simply their own guesswork and simply try to wind everyone up. Very often they deliberately misrepresent facts (eg over Cullum) or simply resort to abuse. I think that they do nothing but damage to the team and don''t help one jot.

Perhaps the time will come, but I don''t think it helps the club to try to whip up a crisis before the team has had any time to gel or even play a home game.

Lol Badger, if you read my thread entitled ''Enough is Enough'', you will see that it is actually a thread about getting behind the team.

So don''t take it out of context like you have been taking people''s comments out of context throughout this thread.

:o) - "several" has an entirely different meaning to anyone who has a different view - it is not a subtle difference as you try to pretend. One suggests a small group, the other implies everybody. You know this and are simply resorting to

1) misrepresentation and

2) insult

because you recognise the inherent weakness in your own argument. Why else try to misrepresent the views of others?

Just like you are doing then Badger?

Try and form your own argument without misquoting others before you pick up on other people''s supposed faults.

I''ve stayed out of this thus far, mainly because I see this thread as an attempt at ''flim flam'' to direct the flak from ''her''.

However, protests will only kick off after a bad result/results at a home game. During the Chase Out campaign, it only gathered steam after a defeat at home to Southend on Boxing Day. Then 1400 of us gathered behind the River End to protest in the falling snow.................and not a binner in site Badger!

Protest against the Delia sacred cow machine will come, unrehearsed and unplanned, but in their own time and not because a low ranking incubus of hers demands it so!.[:|]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Lol Badger, if you read my thread entitled ''Enough is Enough'', you will see that it is actually a thread about getting behind the team. So don''t take it out of context like you have been taking people''s comments out of context throughout this thread.[/quote]

Sorry about that - I was looking at the titles. But what about

"Give us a F***ing football team or F*** off. "

where will we come in league 1 next season?

Are they helpful and constructive?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Just like you are doing then Badger? Try and form your own argument without misquoting others before you pick up on other people''s supposed faults.[/quote]

Who have I misqouted?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Lol Badger, if you read my thread entitled ''Enough is Enough'', you will see that it is actually a thread about getting behind the team. So don''t take it out of context like you have been taking people''s comments out of context throughout this thread.[/quote]

Exactly - should this really be necessary before the first home game of the season? The very need for an ''Enough is Enough'' thread illustrates the point perfectly!

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]People not chanting tomorrow will just be a personal victory for you badger that none of us will really notice or care about. Last season there were one or two delia out chants but not any highly noticeable ones, however after the Cullum saga and the fact it seems Glenn has been given Delia''s old purse to pick the last scraps of change out of for his players means that when it comes towards the January window and we a struggling towards the bottom and still have no sign of a player worth a few million that we buy in, then the delia chants may well begin. It takes a negative losing momentum to get the fans turning on Delia and the board, not you telling them to unfortunately.[/quote]

I don''t want any chanting just wanted to see if any of the "antis" had the corage of their convictions. I don''t think many will because most of them don''t go. It''s interesting that you are already making excuses!

We will see on Saturday!

[/quote]

Well I have been watching City since the 70''s................Seen many come and go ....managers and Board members....................Norwich supporters are long suffering, and do not easily voice their feelings in public , but this does not mean that they are Binners !!

I for one think that Delia "et al" have now had their time....and it is for another to assume the role of leading the club forward ,...hopefully to better things.

As for the protest,, when most wanted to see the Back of Worthington, the suggestion was made to do something similar,,,hold up a white hanky or something......not many did , but it was not because thet had no commitment to the desire !! More a feeling quite rightly that this action would have little effect.

Now, are you sure that its not you that is the Binner ???

[quote user="barclay seats "] Well I have been watching City since the 70''s................Seen many come and go ....managers and Board members....................Norwich supporters are long suffering, and do not easily voice their feelings in public , but this does not mean that they are Binners !!

[/quote]

Of course not. Nobody was suggesting that they are. There are people that have genuinely held opposition to Delia who are strong Norwich fans and many more (myself included) that have some doubts who are equally loyal.

However, I feel that we have to recognise that some Ipswich fans do post in here and try to be disruptive and stir up feeling against the board in the full knowledge that we can do nothing about it. This was deliberately misrepresented by some into a claim that all fans who have doubts about Delia are "binners." I can only guess at their motives...

What purile, childish rubbish.  You really need to grow up, you sound about seven.

So you are saying that the reality is that apart from about 50 people everyone else thinks the club is punching at its weight and want her to stay do you?  You sad deluded fool.

I go to every home game with 6 other season ticket holders.  None would stand up with a placard, especially not at the first home game.  But I can say that whatever their views they all believe this club is poorly led, under invests on the pitch and has a fan base that would rather lick saucers of milk than demand success.  You are living proof of the pussy brigade.

What I will guarantee is that if by October we are in the bottom 6 and playing like a team of loanees and league one players (oh, thats what we are isnt it) then I GUARANTEE you that there will be plenty of placards and around 20,000 people screaming for change and someone with some ***ing ambition coming in. 

You of course will sit tight in your seat no doubt and look forward to half time so you can have a nice pie.

Idiot.

[quote user="Badger"]

Fair enough?

[/quote]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I would gladly, but Im not going to the match. My dad doesnt have a spare ticket, and Im not paying for my own, I have many better ways to waste that amount of cash and my entire Saturday afternoon. Although it may be totally irrelevant, does the fact that I am a student who cannot afford to pay to go to games somehow make me ''less'' of a supporter?
[/quote]

i can not think of a better way to "WASTE my entire saturday afternoon " then watching the club i have been wasting my saturdays on for 25 years ,you not a real fan if you were you would find the money some how ,and yes you are less of a supporter!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roedy Can''t Fail looked at Badger  with disdain and was reminded of 

the times he had seen youths much the worse for drink screaming "I''ll

have the lot of you" at the Bouncers whilst being restrained and kept

out of harms way by their friends outside the local discotheque each

Saturday night. Although now illegal, there was no doubt in Roedys mind that when it comes to Badger baiting, this particular Badger was a real Master Baiter!!!

Put up or shut up? Rubbish!

If we continue to underachieve you can hardly blame Roeder, he kept a doomed team up and has added some decent players of a non-existant budget. We could sack the manager, but who would we replace him with, an unproven assistant manager on the cheap - where would that get us? We can no longer plead poverty, the club needs serious investment on the pitch (20m would have been nice) and the blame lies firmly with the board.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Why dont you get all the pro Delias to hold up we love you Delia cards , you really are not grasping the feeling towards this woman , she has pissed people off with her lots of lovely new investment rant at the Norfolk show (probably under the influence) she then turns away the ideal man for Norwich City , has been caught blatantly telling lies on a radio interview then tops it all by giving the manager sod all to spend . I find it very hard to believe any true Norwich supporter can do anything but dislike the woman intensely.
[/quote]

Spot on, We will see on Saturday,If the score line starts looking bad it will be ARE YOU WATCHING DELIA, I know because I will start it

[quote user="Badger"]

Fair enough?

[/quote]

lol I have a better idea, why don''t you stand in CR with an ''''I LOVE DELIA'''' poster and ask those who want her out to come and shake your hand.  That was you can look a complete nugget. [;)]

So you think I''m an Ipswich fan because I don''t like the board do you?  May I suggest that you name a realistic time and place at CR Saturday for me to meet you so that you can say that face to face?

[quote user="face"]

Groan .....

Badger please tell me you are studying philosophy or psychology to restore my faith in human nature.

The subtle change from several to anyone is actually because that is exactly what you are attempting to do through the construction of your post.  You are of course one of those who use this entire lazy insult style of arguing.

Another one of your tactics is to pick up on individual words, rather than take the context of the post.

This actually brings us to your main theme which is handled in the same way by homing in on soundbites about the issues rather than taking the trouble to gain a real understanding of the underlying issues.

I think I have answered your point, so I will now dust down my blue and white scarf and head off down the A140.

[/quote]

While I agree with much of your post I have some sympathy for Badger too. The Worthy Out stuff on these message boards was disgraceful and eventually spilled over into the ground on match days until we got to the point where fans were fighting amongst themselves and cheering opposition goals which I found disgraceful. Now much of that was fuelled by the fact it became open season for things to be made up about Worthy to discredit him. Things that many people have now admitted were wrong. Even though this is a message board and no persons opinion should be stifled I think every poster has a responsibility to seperate opinion from fact. I think it''s pretty much a fact that the present majority shareholders do not have the means to throw millions into the transfer pot. But it''s only my opinion that they didn''t spurn Peter Cullums offer. It''s my opinion that the owners are honest people who are doing their best for our club. It''s other peoples opinions that they are wicked and evil and are out to make a personal fortune out of our club. Now I know I am running on like Grandpa Simpson again but I repeat I think we all have a responsibility to make sure that opinion doesn''t get confused with fact.

[quote user="Badger"]

Fair enough?

[/quote]

I''ve always thought it nonsense to have a "Delia Out" campaign. Completely futile. She owns the club, no one''s going to sack her.

[quote user="xyz"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I would gladly, but Im not going to the match. My dad doesnt have a spare ticket, and Im not paying for my own, I have many better ways to waste that amount of cash and my entire Saturday afternoon. Although it may be totally irrelevant, does the fact that I am a student who cannot afford to pay to go to games somehow make me ''less'' of a supporter?[/quote]

i can not think of a better way to "WASTE my entire saturday afternoon " then watching the club i have been wasting my saturdays on for 25 years ,you not a real fan if you were you would find the money some how ,and yes you are less of a supporter!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I have no desire to scrimp and save on my other pleasurable activities just to I can go and watch 90 minutes of dire football, leave the ground dejected and disappointed, as well as filling the board''s coffers with money for them to waste on office refurbishments, OH as well as the false impression that becuase so many people turn up we''re happy with the state of the football on offer. I lost the patience for that years ago after seasons of under-investment. Ill do what I always do, Ill pay a fiver to ride my motorcycle around the beautiful roads of norfolk for 2 hours whilst listening to it on the radio.If that makes me less of a supporter in your eyes then so be it, I wont lose sleep over it I assure you.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]

Ill pay a fiver to ride my motorcycle around the beautiful roads of norfolk for 2 hours whilst listening to it on the radio.

[/quote]

I am forced to watch it on the wireless a lot more this season. Riding a motorcycle would be an interesting way to do this but I''m sure I would be a danger to the rest of Norfolk. What do others do to deal with the stress of an afternoon with Goreham and Adams?

Badger.. when was the last time you heard "Come on lets be avin you!" or "delias barmy army" ring out round Carrow Road?

im not an Ipswich fan, and have missed 8 home games since 1992... i await your apology.. which i know wont be forthcoming!

I wont be taking part in any protest against the board.. the worthy out protests left me very mentally drained and its not an experiance i wish to repeat.

Badger, did you want chase out.. because if you did then that makes youa  hypocrite doesn''t it? it throws your argument out of the windo because if you wanted Chase out then that makes you EXACTLY the same as a "Delia outer" doesnt it? chase had his supporters at the time.. just as Delia does now...

so what say you, hypocrite? or just plain whinger?

jas :)

Quite frankly, I feel a little bit sick. All these nasty people trying to unsettle our gentle Delia! You''re all a disgrace, whoever you are, an utter, utter disgrace.

Hev you got short memories? Are you binners in disguise? Are you the same idiots that dethroned Worthy? SHE SAVED OUR CLUB, YOU KNOW!?

All she''s asking for is a little infinite patience, is that really too much to ask?

If I had my way I beat up everyone Delia non-appreciator with my fists, and then rebrand the club Delia United FC.

[quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]

Quite frankly, I feel a little bit sick. All these nasty people trying to unsettle our gentle Delia! You''re all a disgrace, whoever you are, an utter, utter disgrace.

Hev you got short memories? Are you binners in disguise? Are you the same idiots that dethroned Worthy? SHE SAVED OUR CLUB, YOU KNOW!?

All she''s asking for is a little infinite patience, is that really too much to ask?

If I had my way I beat up everyone Delia non-appreciator with my fists, and then rebrand the club Delia United FC.

[/quote]

lol you go for it if it makes you feel better.