Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Delia Outers - Put Up or Shut Up

[quote user="barclay seats"]

You are most obviously an attetion seeker....you have had your few minutes ....now why don''t you be a good Badger and go back to the sett that you came from before the 11th of july

[/quote]

A thoughtful considered argument again.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Fairy snuff, you don''t but a fair few of us do, you''ve been here and done it before, like myself, so I would have thought you''d understand a little more where our passion comes from, seems I was wrong.

[/quote]

I do understand the passion, but I think, in my opinion, that it is misplaced. I think that we are still suffering from the Chase years. We had been relegated before but always bounced back. Chase left the cupboard absolutely bare. Hence the need to sell anyone that could walk (OK an overstatement!).

It takes years to put a club back in a stable position after somehing like that - look at Leicester etc.

Of course, Cullum could be the answer to all our prayers if he wanted it enough. If I had £1.7 billion, I think that I would have been the owner by now (which is probably one of the reasons  why I don''t have £1.7 billion!). I don''t think that he is quite the hero that some take him to be (but again, I admit, I don''t know anymore than most others - except those like Jazzer who seem to get personal phone calls, and Angel who gets emails).

Are we going to spend this season, next etc. waiting for someone with a fortune to turn to buy the club or are we going to get on with it and get behind the club? For all we know, he might have lost interest now and has decided to buy a racehorse or something?

[/quote]

You may think it''s misplaced, but I was told that during the Chase out era too, so who was right then?  As for the Leicester thing, personally I don''t give a jot about other football clubs positions, my passion is for all NC.

I am behind the club, not the board 110%, I will cheer on the boys, will be there win,lose, or draw, but believe me when I say that if things don''t go well this season, you had better have a tin hat, because things will get a little rough again. 

Are we prepared to go through what we did last season again?  Almost relegated?  Well you might be, but hell I''m not.  Us fans deserve better for our dedication.  But we shall see won''t we.

I don''t think PC will ever lose interest in NC, he''s a long time fan and he played for NC as a youth.  However if I were in shoes I would be doing just what he is doing, sit quietly, wait, and the right time will come.  Might have to hit a very low low for that, but if that''s what it takes, that''s what it takes.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

You may think it''s misplaced, but I was told that during the Chase out era too, so who was right then? 

[/quote]

You were.

As for the Leicester thing, personally I don''t give a jot about other football clubs positions, my passion is for all NC.

[/quote]

My point is that it takes yearsto recover and that I think that we are still recovering from Chase. It wasn''t a point about Leicester but one about us.

I am behind the club, not the board 110%, I will cheer on the boys, will be there win,lose, or draw, but believe me when I say that if things don''t go well this season, you had better have a tin hat, because things will get a little rough again. 

Are we prepared to go through what we did last season again?  Almost relegated? 

[/quote]

No - but I''d like to give them a chance first - we haven''t seen a home game yet.

Us fans deserve better for our dedication. 

[/quote]

Yes we do.

I don''t think PC will ever lose interest in NC, he''s a long time fan and he played for NC as a youth.  However if I were in shoes I would be doing just what he is doing, sit quietly, wait, and the right time will come.  Might have to hit a very low low for that, but if that''s what it takes, that''s what it takes.

[/quote]

This is the bit where I differ from you. It worries me that someone with his wealth who is a fan is prepared to let the club sink further rather than pay slightly over the odds. If I had £1.7 billion, I would overpay by £4.3 million (if that is what is being asked of him and we only have rumour for this). Nevertheless, I hope you are right and that he doesn''t lose interest because at some stage the money will come in handy! I just hope it doesn''t have to sink as low as you fear.

I may well be proved wrong but I am more optimistic than many about our prospects this year. With the right addition up front, I think we could surprise a few people.

I thought you''d be intelligent enough to figure it out Badger.

In your first post you mention "not disrupting the team" what do you think the Chase out protests did?

The current board have invested in off the field business activites, Robert Chase did EXACTLY the same.. letting the team go to rack and ruin.

The current board have allowed our best player, in some eyes to leave the club.. Chase did the same with Chris Sutton, both boards did it for financial reasons and we have yet to see the gain this has had postiviely.

Both Chase and the current board came out with spin on a regular basis. Lies and Deceit to the fans only to be found out later on and either try a back track or meet the backlash with stoeny silence.

One of them you forced out football club... the other one you support blindly despite both Regimes folowing a very similar path....

So why then, do you criticse anyone who wants Delia out? like i said, Hypocritical....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

In your first post you mention "not disrupting the team" what do you think the Chase out protests did?

The current board have invested in off the field business activites, Robert Chase did EXACTLY the same.. letting the team go to rack and ruin.

The current board have allowed our best player, in some eyes to leave the club.. Chase did the same with Chris Sutton, both boards did it for financial reasons and we have yet to see the gain this has had postiviely.

Both Chase and the current board came out with spin on a regular basis. Lies and Deceit to the fans only to be found out later on and either try a back track or meet the backlash with stoeny silence.

One of them you forced out football club... the other one you support blindly despite both Regimes folowing a very similar path....

So why then, do you criticse anyone who wants Delia out? like i said, Hypocritical....

[/quote]

Spot on there Jas[Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Spot on there Jas[Y]

[/quote]

Not quite so spot on Jas.

They did both allow those players to leave but the difference was Chase took the decision to sell Sutton we assume against the managers wishes where as this board we assume backed the managers wishes over Huckerby''s contract renewal.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Spot on there Jas[Y]

[/quote]

Not quite so spot on Jas.

They did both allow those players to leave but the difference was Chase took the decision to sell Sutton we assume against the managers wishes where as this board we assume backed the managers wishes over Huckerby''s contract renewal.

[/quote]

you are right there NN. However it was our board who agreed to the "get out clauses" for Desmond Tutu and the little Mercenary when they signed... in todays world with the club having Premiership asperations thats unforgiveable! it forces the managers hand and he has to accept that his best stars will be sold under his nose....

I wonder how long before someone nicks Hollahan off us in similar circumstances

you are right there NN. However it was our board who agreed to the "get out clauses" for Desmond Tutu and the little Mercenary when they signed... in todays world with the club having Premiership asperations thats unforgiveable! it forces the managers hand and he has to accept that his best stars will be sold under his nose....

[/quote]

What''s that got to do with it Jas...

It was however Chase who sold Townsend to Chelsea and Linighan to Arsenal for loads of money and then got bargain basement replacements, John Polston, Paul Blades and Colin Woodthorpe.

We could play tit for tat all day [|-)]

But it''s the same as it ever was.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

It was however Chase who sold Townsend to Chelsea and Linighan to Arsenal for loads of money and then got bargain basement replacements, John Polston, Paul Blades and Colin Woodthorpe.

[/quote]

to be fair to Polly although bargain basement he did do well for us....

the point i was trying to make is that sticking a "get our clause" in a players contract is bascially sticking 2 fingers up at the manager.... that player can be sold at any time, the club cant show ambition by saying "no" to potential suitors and we replace them with the bargain players when the funds arent re invested.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

to be fair to Polly although bargain basement he did do well for us....

the point i was trying to make is that sticking a "get our clause" in a players contract is bascially sticking 2 fingers up at the manager.... that player can be sold at any time, the club cant show ambition by saying "no" to potential suitors and we replace them with the bargain players when the funds arent re invested.

[/quote]

I would imagine the manager was aware of the clauses when he signed them.

Polston did do well for us, let''s hope this seasons bargain basements are as good.

(He wasn''t as good as Linighan though)

[quote user="Badger"]

You may think it''s misplaced, but I was told that during the Chase out era too, so who was right then? 

[/quote]

You were.

As for the Leicester thing, personally I don''t give a jot about other football clubs positions, my passion is for all NC.

[/quote]

My point is that it takes yearsto recover and that I think that we are still recovering from Chase. It wasn''t a point about Leicester but one about us.

Are we prepared to go through what we did last season again?  Almost relegated? 

[/quote]

No - but I''d like to give them a chance first - we haven''t seen a home game yet.

Us fans deserve better for our dedication. 

[/quote]

Yes we do.

[/quote]

This is the bit where I differ from you. It worries me that someone with his wealth who is a fan is prepared to let the club sink further rather than pay slightly over the odds. If I had £1.7 billion, I would overpay by £4.3 million (if that is what is being asked of him and we only have rumour for this). Nevertheless, I hope you are right and that he doesn''t lose interest because at some stage the money will come in handy! I just hope it doesn''t have to sink as low as you fear.

I may well be proved wrong but I am more optimistic than many about our prospects this year. With the right addition up front, I think we could surprise a few people.

[/quote]

I''m sorry Badger but i think you are running out of alias as you''re ways of putting your points across are giving you away....but hey it seems the only option left for the Delia diehards. Funny how IBA goes on hols for 6 months and you pipe up after a long break away....Desperate measures and all that.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="barclay seats"]

You are most obviously an attetion seeker....you have had your few minutes ....now why don''t you be a good Badger and go back to the sett that you came from before the 11th of july

[/quote]

A thoughtful considered argument again.

[/quote] Pot, Kettle, Black. Shut up? i dont think so.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]How did the protest go yesterday?? As I suspected, Delia Outers in the minority
[/quote]

I think you should purchase a butt-plug (XXXL).......Your chocolate starfish is spouting a load of poop.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]How did the protest go yesterday?? As I suspected, Delia Outers in the minority[/quote]

I think you should purchase a butt-plug (XXXL).......Your chocolate starfish is spouting a load of poop.

[/quote]The kind of immature reaction I would expect from a Delia Outer.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]How did the protest go yesterday?? As I suspected, Delia Outers in the minority
[/quote]

[/quote]

The kind of immature reaction I would expect from a Delia Outer.
[/quote]Funny. Especially from somebody glorying in the name Death by Chocolate Starfish. Just get your cookbook and your tissues and go away.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Funny. Especially from somebody glorying in the name Death by Chocolate Starfish. Just get your cookbook and your tissues and go away.

so where is badger then and his "delia in" campaign?

[/quote]Love it or hate it, she''s in and there is not much the 50 teenagers on this forum can do about it.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so where is badger then and his "delia in" campaign?jas :)

[/quote]

Love it or hate it, she''s in and there is not much the 50 teenagers on this forum can do about it.
[/quote]We will see about that. Smith out.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was also going to suggest some KY jelly.......But, do to forseeable unwanted leakage, I think insertion of said butt-plug, should be without lubricant (and you should consider leaving it in its display box)......Get rid of your ''chocolate starfish'' and rename it ''chocolate square''.

[/quote]

Love it or hate it, she''s in and there is not much the 50 teenagers on this forum can do about it.
[/quote]

who would these teenagers be then?

[/quote]

Hello Jaz - just back from the match - I live in Kent and we often stay overnight in (dare I say it) Suffolk or Essex to break up the journey for the kids.

Haven''t had a chance to look around yet - what did you think of it yesterday then?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Hello Jaz - just back from the match - I live in Kent and we often stay overnight in (dare I say it) Suffolk

[/quote]Quick!  Cast Badger into the Wensum and see if he floats!

[/quote]

[/quote]

50 teenagers, erm, if we were teenagers we would hardly have too much memory of the Chase era and the build up to it would we?  I''m 40 and my better half is 51, hardly teenagers!!!!!!!!!!

If things go very wrong this season you''ll still be backing the board will you DCS????? 

And it''s never wise to underestimate the power of the fans when things go wrong for a club.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was also going to suggest some KY jelly.......But, do to forseeable unwanted leakage, I think insertion of said butt-plug, should be without lubricant (and you should consider leaving it in its display box)......Get rid of your ''chocolate starfish'' and rename it ''chocolate square''.

[/quote]

I would suggest he is talking out of his chocolate starfish as usual.....

Rather a vulgar user name I have say...and a clear indication of age and intellect. Probably Homo Flacidius.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

I would suggest he is talking out of his chocolate starfish as usual.....

Rather a vulgar user name I have say...and a clear indication of age and intellect. Probably Homo Flacidius.

[/quote]

Careful Cluck - I wonder what a Freudian would make of this?

Tip: dont ask Albertos i los trios

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Hello Jaz - just back from the match - I live in Kent and we often stay overnight in (dare I say it) Suffolk or Essex to break up the journey for the kids.

Haven''t had a chance to look around yet - what did you think of it yesterday then?

[/quote]

a frusttrating game.. we werent good but we werent bad.... Like the look of the center halves! Stefanovic just shaded Kennedy for the MOTM imho...

why stay in Suffolk or Essex? put money into the holiday Inn at Carrow road and make Aunite Delia happy!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

a frusttrating game.. we werent good but we werent bad.... Like the look of the center halves! Stefanovic just shaded Kennedy for the MOTM imho...

why stay in Suffolk or Essex? put money into the holiday Inn at Carrow road and make Aunite Delia happy!

[/quote]

I thought we looked pretty tight all game - agree with you re Stefanovic in particular.

If the one that hit the bar had gone in ...  I''d like to have seen what we looked like if Blackpool had had to come at us.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn - very nice - but it makes it a longer journey back on Sunday.