Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Delia Outers - Put Up or Shut Up

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]

Quite frankly, I feel a little bit sick. All these nasty people trying to unsettle our gentle Delia! You''re all a disgrace, whoever you are, an utter, utter disgrace.

Hev you got short memories? Are you binners in disguise? Are you the same idiots that dethroned Worthy? SHE SAVED OUR CLUB, YOU KNOW!?

All she''s asking for is a little infinite patience, is that really too much to ask?

If I had my way I beat up everyone Delia non-appreciator with my fists, and then rebrand the club Delia United FC.

[/quote]

lol you go for it if it makes you feel better.

[/quote]

You  startin''?

[quote user="Bayve Desleigh"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Bayve Desleigh"]

Quite frankly, I feel a little bit sick. All these nasty people trying to unsettle our gentle Delia! You''re all a disgrace, whoever you are, an utter, utter disgrace.

Hev you got short memories? Are you binners in disguise? Are you the same idiots that dethroned Worthy? SHE SAVED OUR CLUB, YOU KNOW!?

All she''s asking for is a little infinite patience, is that really too much to ask?

If I had my way I beat up everyone Delia non-appreciator with my fists, and then rebrand the club Delia United FC.

[/quote]

lol you go for it if it makes you feel better.

[/quote]

You  startin''?

[/quote]

No I''m finishing it.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Crikey, you''re keen... [;)]
[/quote]

no... he''s Keane

[img]http://www.getminted.com/sports/sports/images/stories/ROY%20KEANE.jpg[/img]

jas :)

come on Badger.. where are you... I expect you to chane your name to Hippo the Hypocrite by the end of the day! :p

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

So you think I''m an Ipswich fan because I don''t like the board do you? 

[/quote]

So where have I ever said that?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

come on Badger.. where are you... I expect you to chane your name to Hippo the Hypocrite by the end of the day! :p

[/quote]

Had any more phone calls from Cullum recently?

[quote user="JC"]

I go to every home game with 6 other season ticket holders.   But I can say that whatever their views they all believe this club is poorly led, under invests on the pitch and has a fan base that would rather lick saucers of milk than demand success.  You are living proof of the pussy brigade.

[/quote]

Isn''t it good to see that you hold the fan base in such high esteem. If only we could be as omniscient as you and your 5 mates.

[quote user="Badger"]

Reading this board you would think that most City fans want Delia out, from the constant barrage of criticism that they give. The truth of the matter is that most fans want more investment and were excited by the Cullum thing and were left disappointed that we weren''t going to get the millions, but are grown up enough to accept it.

Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led.

I know that some will deny this - so let''s have simple test shall we? At kick off on Saturday all of those that want Delia to go just hold up a "Delia Out" placard. No need for excuses about disrupting the team etc., you can continue to cheer the team, just hold up your placard for the last minute before kick off. You won''t cause any disruption don''t worry because there won''t even be 50 of you. The militant Delia out campaigners don''t go to matches and many of them go down the road instead.

If I am wrong I will apologise - others - including the thousands that don''t normally post - will be able to judge.

Fair enough?

[/quote]

obviously you are a binner wind up merchant. or someone with an unhealthy fetish for older women. Delia will be gone by the end of the season, hopefully along with the rest of the current mob. Just hope we still have a football club left by then

[quote user="JC"]

What purile, childish rubbish.  You really need to grow up, you sound about seven.

So you are saying that the reality is that apart from about 50 people everyone else thinks the club is punching at its weight and want her to stay do you?  You sad deluded fool.

I go to every home game with 6 other season ticket holders.  None would stand up with a placard, especially not at the first home game.  But I can say that whatever their views they all believe this club is poorly led, under invests on the pitch and has a fan base that would rather lick saucers of milk than demand success.  You are living proof of the pussy brigade.

What I will guarantee is that if by October we are in the bottom 6 and playing like a team of loanees and league one players (oh, thats what we are isnt it) then I GUARANTEE you that there will be plenty of placards and around 20,000 people screaming for change and someone with some ***ing ambition coming in. 

You of course will sit tight in your seat no doubt and look forward to half time so you can have a nice pie.

Idiot.

[quote user="Badger"]

Reading this board you would think that most City fans want Delia out, from the constant barrage of criticism that they give. The truth of the matter is that most fans want more investment and were excited by the Cullum thing and were left disappointed that we weren''t going to get the millions, but are grown up enough to accept it.

Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led.

I know that some will deny this - so let''s have simple test shall we? At kick off on Saturday all of those that want Delia to go just hold up a "Delia Out" placard. No need for excuses about disrupting the team etc., you can continue to cheer the team, just hold up your placard for the last minute before kick off. You won''t cause any disruption don''t worry because there won''t even be 50 of you. The militant Delia out campaigners don''t go to matches and many of them go down the road instead.

If I am wrong I will apologise - others - including the thousands that don''t normally post - will be able to judge.

Fair enough?

[/quote][/quote]

post of the day! well said mate. make me want to get the dog out and go badger baiting

I can only assume a certain number of individuals on here are willing themselves to give half their life time earnings to the club given their comments and expectations but strangely I can not find the donations line in the accounts.

[quote user="T"]I can only assume a certain number of individuals on here are willing themselves to give half their life time earnings to the club given their comments and expectations but strangely I can not find the donations line in the accounts.[/quote]

and there you have the entire point at last quoted by one of the faithful - There is no donations line in the accounts! Not even from Delia, MWJ or Crane Publishing.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="JC"]

I go to every home game with 6 other season ticket holders.   But I can say that whatever their views they all believe this club is poorly led, under invests on the pitch and has a fan base that would rather lick saucers of milk than demand success.  You are living proof of the pussy brigade.

[/quote]

Isn''t it good to see that you hold the fan base in such high esteem. If only we could be as omniscient as you and your 5 mates.

[/quote]

So do you stand by your fan base comment JC - waiting to hear.

I apologise I had not read back through the thread.Yes I believe that a majority of our family-based fanbase at games is there for a day out and although they want us to win they are just as happy with a nice pie and a chat with the guy next to them.As I have said previously, Roeder, Dion, HUcerkby and Grant all went on record saying we need to be more ruthless on and OFF the pitch if we are to make Norwich a formidable club to deal with.As a fan base we are not demanding enough of our club, our players or each other,  so yes, saucers of milk all round.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wait a few more games...and if results have not changed...i have said it b4 and i will say it again...the fans will be calling for the boards HEADS...except delia lovers of course

we outed chase and if things dont change we will out delia...after all it is the fans club...without the 25000+ncfc faithfull  that turn up week in week out...there is no club!!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

wait a few more games...and if results have not changed...i have said it b4 and i will say it again...the fans will be calling for the boards HEADS...except delia lovers of course

we outed chase and if things dont change we will out delia...after all it is the fans club...without the 25000+ncfc faithfull  that turn up week in week out...there is no club!!!!

[/quote]

If you ''out'' Delia, and nobody wants to invest because they see the treatment Delia has got after investing HER money. How will the club survive? I know we all pay for season tickets/match tickets and merchandise etc but that barely pays the bills. Why would someone want to plough millions into the club of their own money just to be treated badly by ungrateful fans?

OTBC

As a scenario, the fans turn so badly that Delia feels that selling up without making a tidy profit to Cullum is in her best interest as she cant even go to the matches anymore...

[quote user="Canaries87"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

If you ''out'' Delia, and nobody wants to invest because they see the treatment Delia has got after investing HER money. How will the club survive? I know we all pay for season tickets/match tickets and merchandise etc but that barely pays the bills. Why would someone want to plough millions into the club of their own money just to be treated badly by ungrateful fans?

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]I apologise I had not read back through the thread.

Yes I believe that a majority of our family-based fanbase at games is there for a day out and although they want us to win they are just as happy with a nice pie and a chat with the guy next to them.

As I have said previously, Roeder, Dion, HUcerkby and Grant all went on record saying we need to be more ruthless on and OFF the pitch if we are to make Norwich a formidable club to deal with.

As a fan base we are not demanding enough of our club, our players or each other,  so yes, saucers of milk all round.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Thanks for replying JC - you are in a minority!

I sympathise with your frustrations and as stated in the orignal post I got excited by the possibilities of £20 million and yes I was disappointed too. But what can we do? I don''t think that my fellow plate lickers are happy losing but we are fed up with the negativity around the place. We do want to enjoy the afternoon and yes, I do go with family - what is wrong with this?

The whole anti-board can only be successful if the team are unsuccessful which surely none of us want (except the small number of Ipswich fans that I am convinced post on this board - but please, I am not saying that if you hate the board you are an Ipswich fan - that was just a smokescreen thrown up against my point).

I know that lots of people are frustrated at the lack of spending but we can''t do anything about it - so why not try to enjoy a brand new season - we haven''t even played at home yet!

If there are people that can''t accept Delia et al even if we are successful, they should identify themselves - but as I said, I don''t think that there are 50 of them - so that they can see that they are in a tiny minority. Most people just want success and don''t care who the board are!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Why dont you get all the pro Delias to hold up we love you Delia cards , you really are not grasping the feeling towards this woman , she has pissed people off with her lots of lovely new investment rant at the Norfolk show (probably under the influence) she then turns away the ideal man for Norwich City , has been caught blatantly telling lies on a radio interview then tops it all by giving the manager sod all to spend . I find it very hard to believe any true Norwich supporter can do anything but dislike the woman intensely.
[/quote]

If this was the "Ideal man" for norwich then dont you think they would have taken up the offer. The only thing i can think is that there was something not right with either Cullum or his finances. If it was simply because she didnt want to give up control of Norwich city then I agree, she is in the wrong!

As for not giving the manager money to spend, there is two ways of looking at it, we either go for broke and spend spend spend and hope we make it to the prem but if we dont then we will probably have no club or we spend conservatively which is the option being used at the moment. Having said this we have about 20,000 season ticket holders so where is the money being spent? How can other clubs who are not getting the gate receipts we are manage to spend and we have no cash. Our money must be being spent on something that other clubs arent spending on!

We need our club to start being run like a business! for example my season ticket has been reduced by £90 for this season as the N&P is now a family stand! Why reduce the prices from last year, I paid it last year so would  have paid it this year! We need to start spending the money where it matters.....on the pitch whilst ensuring our club still has a future!

Nothing wrong with going with your family at all, not suggesting otherwise.  But as a group of fans I feel we are to soft and polite.  Just my opinion based on what people I know who support other clubs but come to games with me sometimes say, and also what Roeder, HUck, Dion and Grant had been quoted as saying.  The bottom line is that a two million pound striker will convince most of us that we WANT to compete, that we CAN compete and that we have a big name to look up to to energise the team.Will we get that though?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="JC"]I apologise I had not read back through the thread.Yes I believe that a majority of our family-based fanbase at games is there for a day out and although they want us to win they are just as happy with a nice pie and a chat with the guy next to them.As I have said previously, Roeder, Dion, HUcerkby and Grant all went on record saying we need to be more ruthless on and OFF the pitch if we are to make Norwich a formidable club to deal with.As a fan base we are not demanding enough of our club, our players or each other,  so yes, saucers of milk all round.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Thanks for replying JC - you are in a minority!

I sympathise with your frustrations and as stated in the orignal post I got excited by the possibilities of £20 million and yes I was disappointed too. But what can we do? I don''t think that my fellow plate lickers are happy losing but we are fed up with the negativity around the place. We do want to enjoy the afternoon and yes, I do go with family - what is wrong with this?

The whole anti-board can only be successful if the team are unsuccessful which surely none of us want (except the small number of Ipswich fans that I am convinced post on this board - but please, I am not saying that if you hate the board you are an Ipswich fan - that was just a smokescreen thrown up against my point).

I know that lots of people are frustrated at the lack of spending but we can''t do anything about it - so why not try to enjoy a brand new season - we haven''t even played at home yet!

If there are people that can''t accept Delia et al even if we are successful, they should identify themselves - but as I said, I don''t think that there are 50 of them - so that they can see that they are in a tiny minority. Most people just want success and don''t care who the board are!

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Nothing wrong with going with your family at all, not suggesting otherwise.  But as a group of fans I feel we are to soft and polite. 

[/quote]

Just as long as we don''t become success-starved whinge merchants like Newcastle Utd, cos it hasn''t worked well for them has it?

We''re definitely too soft and polite on match days, the family atmosphere drives me round the bend, but fans whinging about the chairman, team, manager, other fans, chairman, chief exec, fellow fans, groundsman, referee...... BORING! When we start winning a few games, this''ll all blow away.

But 1 league game in to the new season, well, it''s all a bit melodramatic, don''t you think?

[quote user="JC"]

But as a group of fans I feel we are to soft and polite.  Just my opinion based on what people I know who support other clubs but come to games with me sometimes say, and also what Roeder, HUck, Dion and Grant had been quoted as saying. 

[/quote]

I agree we should make more noise but I prefer it directed at the opposition. I don''t think it helps at all when it is directed at the board, manager, team etc. Do you remember what Iwan said about this in his book?

[quote user="JC"]

The bottom line is that a two million pound striker will convince most of us that we WANT to compete, that we CAN compete and that we have a big name to look up to to energise the team.

Will we get that though?

[/quote]

I would love a £2 million striker and haven''t got a clue whether we will get one. However, I''d make 2 points - firstly that with luck (+ judgement) we may end up with someone that could do well for us for less than that - I hoped Iversen would be that person but.... Secondly, with a decent striker, I don''t think we are that far off having a good side. I have been pretty impressed with who we have got in during the close season but then I am an optimist... If it hadn''t been for the "offer," I think most of us would have been in a far better frame of mind.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]

Ill pay a fiver to ride my motorcycle around the beautiful roads of norfolk for 2 hours whilst listening to it on the radio.

[/quote]

I am forced to watch it on the wireless a lot more this season. Riding a motorcycle would be an interesting way to do this but I''m sure I would be a danger to the rest of Norfolk. What do others do to deal with the stress of an afternoon with Goreham and Adams?

[/quote]

The only thing your fence sitting is going to achieve Nutty, is a broken fence or a sore ar$e.

[quote user="JC"]Nothing wrong with going with your family at all, not suggesting otherwise.  But as a group of fans I feel we are to soft and polite.  Just my opinion based on what people I know who support other clubs but come to games with me sometimes say, and also what Roeder, HUck, Dion and Grant had been quoted as saying. 

The bottom line is that a two million pound striker will convince most of us that we WANT to compete, that we CAN compete and that we have a big name to look up to to energise the team.

Will we get that though?

[/quote]

I was thinking about asking you what right you had to criticise the fans JC but I''m happy to see that you realise that it would mean you are criticising yourself too.

Whether we are to nice I don''t know. What do you think we do that''s too nice?

You and I are chalk and cheese on this messageboard. Where as we both probably believe that the board aren''t rich enough to bank roll the team like some other clubs, you are among those believe that Delia turned Peter Cullum away because she wants to line her purse at the expense of the good of the club while I believe that she has done no such thing.

But in the ground I believe we are the same. I see no difference between us. Because while I am living proof of the pussy brigade licking saucers of milk in the Barclay I haven''t seen you behaving any different [:O]

Are you a closet Pussy Boy who "comes out" on match days [:^)]