Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Delia Outers - Put Up or Shut Up

Reading this board you would think that most City fans want Delia out, from the constant barrage of criticism that they give. The truth of the matter is that most fans want more investment and were excited by the Cullum thing and were left disappointed that we weren''t going to get the millions, but are grown up enough to accept it.

Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led.

I know that some will deny this - so let''s have simple test shall we? At kick off on Saturday all of those that want Delia to go just hold up a "Delia Out" placard. No need for excuses about disrupting the team etc., you can continue to cheer the team, just hold up your placard for the last minute before kick off. You won''t cause any disruption don''t worry because there won''t even be 50 of you. The militant Delia out campaigners don''t go to matches and many of them go down the road instead.

If I am wrong I will apologise - others - including the thousands that don''t normally post - will be able to judge.

Fair enough?

I think your wrong , i believe Delia is more unpopular than Worthington was in his final season and if the team dont start winning very soon the Carrow Road crowd will turn on her .Time and results will tell.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]I think your wrong , i believe Delia is more unpopular than Worthington was in his final season and if the team dont start winning very soon the Carrow Road crowd will turn on her .Time and results will tell.
[/quote]

We will see on Saturday.

People not chanting tomorrow will just be a personal victory for you badger that none of us will really notice or care about.

Last season there were one or two delia out chants but not any highly noticeable ones, however after the Cullum saga and the fact it seems Glenn has been given Delia''s old purse to pick the last scraps of change out of for his players means that when it comes towards the January window and we a struggling towards the bottom and still have no sign of a player worth a few million that we buy in, then the delia chants may well begin.

It takes a negative losing momentum to get the fans turning on Delia and the board, not you telling them to unfortunately.

And no you won''t see on Saturday badger, so you might as well crack open a beer now and celebrate in advance your personal victory over us all!

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]People not chanting tomorrow will just be a personal victory for you badger that none of us will really notice or care about. Last season there were one or two delia out chants but not any highly noticeable ones, however after the Cullum saga and the fact it seems Glenn has been given Delia''s old purse to pick the last scraps of change out of for his players means that when it comes towards the January window and we a struggling towards the bottom and still have no sign of a player worth a few million that we buy in, then the delia chants may well begin. It takes a negative losing momentum to get the fans turning on Delia and the board, not you telling them to unfortunately.[/quote]

I don''t want any chanting just wanted to see if any of the "antis" had the corage of their convictions. I don''t think many will because most of them don''t go. It''s interesting that you are already making excuses!

We will see on Saturday!

Why dont you get all the pro Delias to hold up we love you Delia cards , you really are not grasping the feeling towards this woman , she has pissed people off with her lots of lovely new investment rant at the Norfolk show (probably under the influence) she then turns away the ideal man for Norwich City , has been caught blatantly telling lies on a radio interview then tops it all by giving the manager sod all to spend . I find it very hard to believe any true Norwich supporter can do anything but dislike the woman intensely.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]And no you won''t see on Saturday badger, so you might as well crack open a beer now and celebrate in advance your personal victory over us all![/quote]

I don''t think so.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Why dont you get all the pro Delias to hold up we love you Delia cards , you really are not grasping the feeling towards this woman , she has pissed people off with her lots of lovely new investment rant at the Norfolk show (probably under the influence) she then turns away the ideal man for Norwich City , has been caught blatantly telling lies on a radio interview then tops it all by giving the manager sod all to spend . I find it very hard to believe any true Norwich supporter can do anything but dislike the woman intensely.
[/quote]

So if you don''t dislike her intensely you are not a true Norwich supporter...?

You most certainly dont want whats best for the club , supporting Delia is a vote for dragging this club down to league 1 she has nothing whatsoever left to offer Norwich City that has been proved beyond doubt this summer with the pittance of a transfer fund .

Badger for crying out that that is JUST it, you won''t be seeing Delia cards to say get delia out saturday for a REASON, and that is there is a time and place for protests and the first home game is not either the time or place. Call it an "excuse" if you want like you already have done, but you want us all to jump to your beckon call and protest against Delia? Why don''t you spend your time more effectively and request all the Delia-Obsessors to hold up signs saying "We love Delia" instead?

Essentially you KNEW in advance nobody would actually go through with it anyway because we are all going to see the new side play at home for the first time and to enjoy the experience together, not to hold up Delia Out signs, so enjoy this moral victory while it lasts.

Now there''s an idea!Get the 8-15 people who frequently post anti-delia messages on this forum to try and drum up support for a mass protest amongst the countless Norwich City supporters around the county, many of whom they have never met, within only 2 days, just to show 1 person that he underestimated the strength of their opinions...

http://www.codemodeabode.com/facepalm.jpeg

...I heard no-one here is generous enough to give me their credit/debit card info & PINs.PROVE ME WRONG!!!

[quote user="Fozzie"]most of whom they have never met (and good luck getting contact info)[/quote]Fixed (or whatever, don''t care, not worth the effort).Facepalm for myself.

Why are the only 2 options to A) put up or B) shut up?  How about putting up while criticizing?  That way, they can be fans while still letting the team know they are not pleased with the way the club operates.  So here is option C) Put up and speak out.

-cue "Revolition" by The Beatles

We are being "taxed" to the tune of 20,000+ season tickets sold, but we have no representation in the government (board) that makes the decisions that are taking the team in the wrong direction. King Ed-elia III is slowly going insane, and we''re tired of being used. 

sincerely, Thomas Jefferson

[quote user="Badger"]

Reading this board you would think that most City fans want Delia out, from the constant barrage of criticism that they give. The truth of the matter is that most fans want more investment and were excited by the Cullum thing and were left disappointed that we weren''t going to get the millions, but are grown up enough to accept it.

Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led.

I know that some will deny this - so let''s have simple test shall we? At kick off on Saturday all of those that want Delia to go just hold up a "Delia Out" placard. No need for excuses about disrupting the team etc., you can continue to cheer the team, just hold up your placard for the last minute before kick off. You won''t cause any disruption don''t worry because there won''t even be 50 of you. The militant Delia out campaigners don''t go to matches and many of them go down the road instead.

If I am wrong I will apologise - others - including the thousands that don''t normally post - will be able to judge.

Fair enough?

[/quote]

Correct. They are a small minority. To protest on the first home game of the season is an embarrassment to the Club, City and the County.

I would gladly, but Im not going to the match. My dad doesnt have a spare ticket, and Im not paying for my own, I have many better ways to waste that amount of cash and my entire Saturday afternoon. Although it may be totally irrelevant, does the fact that I am a student who cannot afford to pay to go to games somehow make me ''less'' of a supporter?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I would gladly, but Im not going to the match. My dad doesnt have a spare ticket, and Im not paying for my own, I have many better ways to waste that amount of cash and my entire Saturday afternoon. Although it may be totally irrelevant, does the fact that I am a student who cannot afford to pay to go to games somehow make me ''less'' of a supporter?
[/quote]

So we are now down to 49 then.

I will always support the team...but it''s blatantly obvious now that Delia has run out of ideas and is only taking the Club backwards.

If we have another poor season (the 4th on the trot then), i think that they may well struggle to sell anywhere near 20,000 season tickets come March next year.

I will gladly be proved wrong but unless the football side gets some serious investment on the pitch then we are only heading one way. And that doesn''t look likely to happen now.

[quote user="Badger"]

Fair enough?

[/quote]

Oh no, here we go again!!

Why, oh why do you have this warped view that any anti board,anti Smith, anti manager comments MUST come from Ipswich fans!! I am anti Smith and I put up my hand to vote against her re-election at the last AGM. Is that enough evidence for you of my views?   

Anyway if Smith is viewed as being responsible (to whatever degree) for our slide down the table the last thing Ipswich fans would want is to get her out! Like Chase, Town fans revelled in our pain and wanted above anything for him to cling on to power.

How many ''Worthy Out'' banners did you see? Very few but you heard the chants I''ll bet. No more than 50 were singing though were''nt they?     

[quote]Reading this board you would think that most City fans want Delia out[/quote]

Hahaha, really?! Has the penny dropped at last....?

[quote]Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led[/quote]

[quote]The militant Delia out campaigners don''t go to matches and many of them go down the road instead.[/quote]

Thats it, bring out the "You''re all Ipswich supporters" line. You''re not the first or the last to do so.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"] I would gladly, but Im not going to the match. ... I have many better ways to waste that amount of cash and my entire Saturday afternoon. ?
[/quote]

Well here is the first honest enough to admit it!

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

I said

[[quote]Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led[/quote]

You said

Thats it, bring out the "You''re all Ipswich supporters" line. You''re not the first or the last to do so.

[/quote]

A good example of the way in which your group misrepresent the views of others! Later on you go on to report it as absolute fact. There is a huge difference between "several" and "you are all" anf frankly, Paint Me Yellow, you have shown enough intelligence in some of your other posts for me to believe that it is deliberate misrepresentation because you know you can''t win an arguement on the facts!

... and before someone else tries to deflect the argument from their own weaknesses, I apologise for the spelling mistakes above!

[quote user="Badger"]

Fair enough?

[/quote]

Thank you MWJ. I will give you a wave on Saturday.

I started to post this in another thread last night, coincidentally (or not) in response to another post from Badger.

I like many other long standing City supporters use this web site because it actually always had some very good intellectual discussions and was free from the childishness of other sites caused by young children.

Amazingly few people frequent regularly other teams websites, and those that do are there purely for fun banter.  There will always be those that come on once or for a short period to cause trouble through abuse or false rumours, but they usually go quite quicjklt even if not banned.

However on the Pink Un now we have a new breed of mainly students who seem to think that they know everything about Norwich and due to their passion for the Club follow the one true way.

Well actually even I have to admit there are a lot of different ways of running a football club, picking a team, signing players etc that actually could be the right way.

So why does this group, and yes Badger I unclude you in it, have to condemn anyone who has a different vioew to that wonderful terminology "binner" and assume they are part of some vast network of planted agents that were registered on this board with the sole aim of winding you up?

Err get some perspective do they actually care about winding you up?   Unless they are your mate from the room/flat/office next door they can''t see whether you are wound up or not and to be honest if you are - chill!

I know I''ve said this before but some of the Board''s biggest critics I have met and although some may have extreme views, they are all City fans and have a great deal of history of following the club.

So please think before you type, as in the future you could be the "grumpy old sod" having a new generation of poster calling you a binner for harping on about the good old days of Huckerby and Dion.

[quote user=""]

So why does this group, and yes Badger I unclude you in it, have to condemn anyone who has a different vioew to that wonderful terminology "binner"

[/quote]

Once again an attempt at misrepresentation - I said several - you chose to misrepresent that as "anyone." A huge difference. If you case is so strong and so reasonable why do you have to deliberately misrepresent the views of others? A genuine question btw, I hope you respond.

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

I said

[[quote]Several of the Delia outers are Ipswich fans who have infested these boards on a long-term wind up, with others being easily led[/quote]

You said

[/quote]

A good example of the way in which your group misrepresent the views of others! Later on you go on to report it as absolute fact. There is a huge difference between "several" and "you are all" anf frankly, Paint Me Yellow, you have shown enough intelligence in some of your other posts for me to believe that it is deliberate misrepresentation because you know you can''t win an arguement on the facts!

[/quote]

Pot and kettle come to mind. Tell me where the "facts" are in your posts then? Do you know for a fact some of the anti-boarders are Ipswich fans? You''re displaying no more facts than I am.

Interestingly Paint Me Yellow, you do not even try to deny deliberate misrepresentation of what was said.