Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

NORWICH TAKEOVER ALL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Delia and her chums are playing a very dangerous game, if she thinks things will be bad now, this will be nothing in comparison if we do not do well this year, if our Summer signings are poor and we face another year of relegation battles then things will turn very ugly.

Its time she realised that Norwich City Football Club does belong exclusively to her and her husband.

[/quote]IT BELONGS TO THE FANS!!!!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user=Mark Rivers] 

I worry about the repercussions of this - what will happen to Delia now... I don''t want protests or angry scenes but anything could happen, she''s dug herself (as well as the rest of the board) into a potentially bigger hole than before.

Having said that, I''m sure that''s what Cullum hoped would happen by using the media the way he has which maybe hasn''t helped.

But that guy seemed to fit her criteria, but I think she only made them criteria thinking nobody would ever come forward!

"The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad." - Delia Smith, Jan ''07

[/quote]The Lie.

But some of you believed it.

[/quote]But she said she would relinquish her shares Ricardo, not give them away ![/quote]

What bit don''t you understand Lap?

With reference to the shares.

She obv want to remain majority sharehodler and want investment for no-return for the investor.

E.g. we are basically going around with a Charity Box saying give us a few million but we wont let you have any say in how we use it or have any shares but cos we are control freaks.

It''s pretty obvious from the speed that this has taken place that dearest Delia was just in it for the money after all, I wouldn''t expect anyone to give their shares away under normal circumstances but it was she who said she wasn''t interested in money for herself. I''m absolutely gutted and it has taken away all enthusiasm I had for the new season. We are now at real risk of relegation unless several rabbits are pulled out of the hat.

This IS bad news but I don''t believe the thing is as dead as the Club states. Any amicable ''deal'' would have kept Smith & Jones snuggly near the top table. The crucial thing here is PC hasn''t commented yet. Make no mistake this statement will have him absolutely seething as it implies he has not been entirely above board and legal with his proposal!

DON''T RULE OUT PC COMING BACK NOW AT THEIR FULL ASKING PRICE LEAVING THEM NOWHERE TO GO AND MORE IMPORTANTLY NOWHERE TO STAY

My take on this is that what we have here is a case of two immovable objects: PC, who wants control of the club on the cheap - i.e., £20m and a virtually free transfer of shares, and Delia and co who want top dollar for those shares.  Nothing has changed since the initial contact between the two parties failed months ago - an assessment of the value of the club. At over £1 billion Cullum is immensely rich, and although £56m is clearly also a lot of money in his world it''s also clearly drop in the ocean.  That would have bought him the club plus given a tidy injection to promotion hopes. The fact that we aren''t here today celebrating a negotiated deal where everyone makes compromises for the good of the club indicts both parties IMO.  Now we are most probably set for another crap season with a paper thin squad and fan unrest, and g*d I can''t stand another one of those!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user=Mark Rivers] 

I worry about the repercussions of this - what will happen to Delia now... I don''t want protests or angry scenes but anything could happen, she''s dug herself (as well as the rest of the board) into a potentially bigger hole than before.

Having said that, I''m sure that''s what Cullum hoped would happen by using the media the way he has which maybe hasn''t helped.

But that guy seemed to fit her criteria, but I think she only made them criteria thinking nobody would ever come forward!

"The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad." - Delia Smith, Jan ''07

[/quote]The Lie.

[/quote]But she said she would relinquish her shares Ricardo, not give them away ![/quote]

What bit don''t you understand Lap?

[/quote]I would suggest that if she & her husband were prepared to give away away about one half  to one third of her net personal worth to a man with approx. thirty times that amount for nothing, with no guarantees as to his future plans for NCFC, they would be either saints or imbeciles, which I do not believe to be the case.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user=Mark Rivers] 

[/quote]The Lie.

What bit don''t you understand Lap?[/quote]I understand that Cullum wants "full control" but isn''t prepared to pay for it Ricardo. Was there something else I missed ?

Could it all be a smokescreen.  Sometimes talks breakdown before they can be resolved and lets remember we are in the middle of the transfer window. 

[quote user="dhickl"]

Exactly.  That''s a point I''ve been trying

to put across for the last 2 weeks.  There are some people who

just don''t understand that.  Unfortunately it appears that they

don''t understand common sense and reasoned discussion.  To them

it''s just "**** off Delia", "The board has failed and must go" and

"F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO"

And to the person who said that there will be 25,000 people who will

be calling for their heads - I''m afraid you are wrong there. 

There are people out there who are not like some of the narrow minded

individuals that you get on here, they look at more than the headline

in the paper and understand that there is more to the offer than

putting in £20m to the team - and it may not be a good deal in the

long run.

If PC knew that the offer was a no-go last October, why did he go so

public and set up those headlines.  Those stories were just

targeting the things that fans look for, just to create a

divide.  It has worked.  Is that in the best interest of

the club? If he was so much behind the club why did he purposely

want to create the split.  To me it sounds like he is trying to

manipulate the media and fans to get his own way.  If so then

I say it''s not in the best interests of the club.

All I''m trying to do here is put some balance to the arguement,

with something a bit more intelligent and constructive than

"F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO".  I don''t think that PC is the

devil or that Delia is a saint.  I think that we don''t have enough

facts to be having a go at either of them.

I know I won''t be one who is calling for the heads of the board, as we could do a lot worse...

(http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1300975/ShowPost.aspx)

[/quote]

Of course we could do a lot worse, but that''s not the point is

it?.  We''re not in a position like Luton, Southampton, et al, but

then we could also be doing a hell of a lot better.  I''ve never

been a board apologist, but have believed that until the offer of

investment came along there was little we could do other than carry on

with business as usual.  And then it came along...

Don''t tar me with any kind of brush though, because when the Cullum

news first broke I chose to wait and see what happened.  I didn''t

jump on Delia''s back, nor did I hail him as any kind of saint.  I

stuck to my tried and tested formula of waiting until the whole thing

was played out before making my judgement and in the meantime I carried

on regardless with my glib quips and non sequiturs.

Now we''ve watched the whole thing play out through the media - which

can only be a good thing because without Cullum''s decision to go public

we would never have known anything about it other than rumour and

gossip which would probably have been dismissed.  And if you''re

expecting every yellow and green blooded person on here to think "oh

well, it was a nice idea, but at least we''ve not got Rupert Lowe in

charge" then you''re very much mistaken.  If you do sit in happy

silence next season then you will be in the minority and you will look

a fool.

Carry on supporting the club your way, that''s fine, I''ll go about it my

own way.  One of the few things I did say when the story first

broke was that, if Cullum''s investment was turned away for "no good

reason" then her position will be untenable.  It is up to Delia to

now prove to us that Cullum''s money isn''t the best way forward, and

she''d better do it quick otherwise she''ll start to hear the distant

sounds of pitchforks being sharpened and flaming torches being

lit.  You''ll probably spot the mob as you sit in your garden

sipping Pimms... be sure to give us a wave.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Could it all be a smokescreen.  Sometimes talks breakdown before they can be resolved and lets remember we are in the middle of the transfer window. [/quote]

That was my initial thought when I found out todays news, but to be honest I think it was based upon wishful thinking rather than realistic...

Build a Bon Fire

Build a Bon Fire

Put Delia at the top

But the board in the middle

And burn the frigging lot!!!!

Time for them to go - Delia only has her pies at interest and the board only have eating them at interest. They have forgotten theres a football club to be run. I suggest a strong protest at Carrow Road asap!!!! We do not want the like of her throwing good investors away while she continous to do nothing for the club and the board...well that should be spelt bored...cause thats what we fans are...BORED!!!!

This link from a poster on WoTB:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCk&feature=relatedExplanation please, Delia. The strange thing is that this interview was well after Cullum''s initial approach. She says "the fans would never forgive me"..... I hope it doesn''t come to that.If she expects an anonymous benefactor to drop £20m in an envelope

through the letterbox at CR, I worry for her sanity. Anyone bringing

funds to the Club (e.g. the Turners) will want something in return.

This depends how you wish to interpret it..  I''ve always understood this to mean they are not going to sell their shares to someone who can''t invest serious money into the squad as well i.e what is the point in selling to someone who then has no money left to build. As they say, they don''t want just the money to sell up, but they will sell to someone who can buy them out and then continue to invest big bucks afterwards.

If you are a board basher you wont want to subscribe to any other point of view it seems, and no, I''m not staunchly pro-board but it amazes me how people accuse the board of "spin" (another buzz word) but then spin her above statement without considering it logically.

I too want new investment and truely hope Cullum  ends up investing - if he plays ball properly.

FFS people wake up and smell the coffee people on here keep on about "it''s our club, not hers" but are prepared to potentially prostitute the club to someone and castigate the board without knowing all the facts.

NONE OF US KNOW FOR SURE and I could jsut as easily have got the board wrong and would stand up and admit it if it proved to be the case .

We all hate the "little old Norwich|" tag but our witchhunt mentality makes us look like we are "little old Norwich"

OTBC

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="The Anonymous One"][quote user="dhickl"]

Typical for this message board, people swearing and having a go a Delia without all the facts...of course she''s in the wrong, it couldn''t be the billionaire businessman as he''s willing to pay £20m for players.  He could do no wrong. (Cue the insults)

"Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club plc have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the Club"

When you look at the above statement it throws up more questions than answers, and to me it throws up more questions on PC''s side.  Most importantly, what are the legal obligations that can''t be met with his proposed takeover?

While I would love the club, that I have been a season ticket holder of since I started working, to have £20m for players; all along I have been questioning the deal.  I didn''t think that it was right that he uses headlines to push it without any detail.  Even now people don''t know if it''s £20m + stake in club or the £20m for players is what gives him a stake in the club.  And before anyone says, it''s fine saying that now the deal has collapsed - check my previous posts.

[/quote]

Although we may never know all the details, I got the strong impression from the statements in the EDP etc that the offer was £20 million for players but that was it with no more for shares etc.  If that was the case then presumably the expectation was that the current majority shareholders (and potentially all shareholders for that matter) would have handed over their shares for absolutely nothing.  Whilst I am as disappointed as everyone else that our "little" club is now going to contine being a "little" club, this offer was highly unlikely to succeed.  We''re simply not in that much of a desperate situation that all shareholders would be willing to give away their shares for nothing.

[/quote]

Exactly.  That''s a point I''ve been trying to put across for the last 2 weeks.  There are some people who just don''t understand that.  Unfortunately it appears that they don''t understand common sense and reasoned discussion.  To them it''s just "**** off Delia", "The board has failed and must go" and "F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO"

And to the person who said that there will be 25,000 people who will be calling for their heads - I''m afraid you are wrong there.  There are people out there who are not like some of the narrow minded individuals that you get on here, they look at more than the headline in the paper and understand that there is more to the offer than putting in £20m to the team - and it may not be a good deal in the long run.

If PC knew that the offer was a no-go last October, why did he go so public and set up those headlines.  Those stories were just targeting the things that fans look for, just to create a divide.  It has worked.  Is that in the best interest of the club? If he was so much behind the club why did he purposely want to create the split.  To me it sounds like he is trying to manipulate the media and fans to get his own way.  If so then I say it''s not in the best interests of the club.

All I''m trying to do here is put some balance to the arguement, with something a bit more intelligent and constructive than "F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO".  I don''t think that PC is the devil or that Delia is a saint.  I think that we don''t have enough facts to be having a go at either of them.

I know I won''t be one who is calling for the heads of the board, as we could do a lot worse...

(http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1300975/ShowPost.aspx)

[/quote]

I''m to dispondent to write much. I do agree with you dhickl, what was looking like an interesting pre season with the usual hope of something beyond what we would reasonably expect has turned into a nightmare redolent of the the end of the chase era. I am so diaspointed they haven''t managed to come to some sort of arrangement. I cannot understand why a man with such professed "Norfolk roots" and such a "lifelong supporter" would engage in this kind of brinkmanship. Surely Mr Cullum will now make public (using his favoured weapon the EDP)  the revised bid he made for the club that has been deemed unacceptable.

Please tell me it wasn''t just the frankly risible Â£20M for the lot raid was it? if it wasn''t the board need to answer. If it was i''ll be disgusted.   

I dont want delia to go because if it wasnt for her we wouldnt have half of the national media coverage, and she is a great person to have on the board but i feel that we will never know the full reason on why we didnt accept the deal, but think about it, if it was a really good deal delia would have accepted it, there must be something iffy about cullum

This is very disappointing news that the board have been unable to reach somes ort of agreement with Peter Cullum. I can completely understand how the majority of posters on this forum are reacting to this news but in my humble opinion we need to have more information from the club as to why they feel it is in the best interests to refuse this offer which had the potential to dramatically change Norwich City FC''s status in the game. Delia has been at the helm for 12 years and she has obviously over those years become well and truly attatched in her position as the major shareholder. If the decision to withdraw from discussions is not a very worthwhile one then she will have a hard, in fact near impossible job to convince fans that the she cannot let go of her ''plaything''.

As has previously been said, the board have dug themselves a huge gaping hole now and they are in for some very rough waters at Carrow Road IF we do not get off to a satisfactory start to the season and no new investment is on the immediate horizon. I hope she is ready for all that because we could be about to see scenes reminiscent of the end of the Robert Chase days.

Until then however I will sit down by the beach and wait for further news to arrive before making my ultimate opinion known. Hopefully we will know soon. Time is not something Delia, Michael and the board have in abundance anymore.  

Like I said 10 days ago!The club statement when it comes out(which it has now)the s**t will hit the fan.

We will now find out who as the umbrellas.This has still got a long way to run and once dear OLD delia realises

what reaction she will get at the start of the season then the chickens will come home to roost.This club is for the

supporters not her play thing.We need investment and she is not going to igve it,so unless there is some mysterious

money popping out of delias purse(which it wont) then the only way OUR club is going to move forward is a large

amount of investment to be put in and the club are turning it away.

The supporters now are the only way to get this club where it belongs,so unless they give us the whole truth on why

this deal is not going t happen then we all need to stand up and be counted.SHE needs to know the supporters

make this club not HER....Pressure needs putting on this via the media,the supporters and everyone who cares about NCFC

to get us back in the premiership where we belong and that will only be achieved by LARGE investment.We are not a Championship club

with the supporters that we are.We deserve premiership football.

ON THE BALL CITY.......................

typical NCFC fudge...either delia don''t seriously wants to sell or cullum don''t seriously want to buy...either way, for the good of the club, they should have met in the middle...can''t see why norwich union spoke publically about it last night, unless they got wind that negotiations might be sticky - or that one of the parties wasn''t serious about negotiating a ''fair and reasonable'' deal...either cullum wants it too cheap, or delia wants it too high...or cullum don''t want to buy lock, stock and barrel - and delia wants all or nothing...and thats the sticking point???either way - its bad news for NCFC, at this stage of the season...certainly not happy with the timing of it all...but perhpas delia shouldn''t have mouthed off at the norfolk show, maybe flushing PC out into the open...doubt if negotiations will be so friendly from now on, IF, they ever re-open...

oh come on Kiwi...callum is not the only investor she''s turned down, he''s just the one who came public with it. She don''t want any new investors as she likes the media coverage to further her cooking issues...which has sweet nothing to do with the club. All she does is use OUR club as a springboard to push her books out. We cannot even afford a player worth more then 250k, and spend ages even trying to get an average loanie...not to mention the freebies we''ll need just to have a team to take us to the lower division...because thats exactly where we''ll end up. I told you all weeks ago that the transfer budget was just a miserly £1.5m and i was laughed at...some even saying it was more like 7m which is a joke. Take a look at the players who have come in and you do the math. I predicted weeks ago another season struggling against relegation and again got laughed at by 95% and now i see most have changed their tune. We all jump for joy when an average player like Hoolahan joins us...but thats all he is...average. No better then what we had. So if you think Delia has our best interests to heart...then you are more deluded then she is. As for Callum being ''iffy'', he can be as iffy as he likes if it means him investing heavily in the club....something that the current board are failing at!!! They are just great at taking money away.

I want to be level headed and take a rational step back in relation to all this, I really do.

But I just can''t...

Whatever the in''s and out''s of the deal, the bare fact is that the Board have raised the drawbridge and developed a siege mentality. Who else is going to want to negotiate with them now? What possible incentive is there for Peter Cullum to renegotiate/return to the table, or for anyone to want to talk to the club?

When Delia bought into the club she spoke of no-one ever having absolute power at the club again and that the club and fans must always come first. HOW is this decision in the clubs best interests? I sincerely hope that they are going to explain just what it would have meant and how it, apparantly, would not have been & how ferreting around in lower mid table-hell, last season showed that we are not even guaranteed that cosy CCC place anymore-is better than anything else? They all harp on about "getting Norwich City back to the Premiership", well, HOW, propose HOW THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AND HOW YOU PROPOSE TO SEE IT HAPPEN?

Stop spinning the old yarn abount how you are "actively seeking investment", I don''t believe you.

We have an ambitious Manager, an excellent coaching team and the much lauded facilities-but nothing in the mentality of the club to justify or merit it.  You certainly begin to wonder about the mentality of the clubs owners and finally, about the mentality of the fans and why that loyal 25''000 even bother anymore if their loyalty is rewarded with what seems like a full on snub.

I await further news today, but remain sceptical. Certainly my days of defending the current board on here seem numbered.

Peter, to hell with them. Buy the bloody club outright!!!!!!!

A lot of posters are doing exactly what they are criticising Delia for  - getting emotional and not listening There are some intelligent arguments on the board that show not everybody was duped by the lure of quick money  Actually a good analogy painted by the poster describing  the house scenario  Would you give up the title of your house cos somebody did some improvements to it - I doubt it but then football is different!First , most posters dont know the details but It must be Delia''s fault ( grass is always greener on the other side syndrome)PC is of course a saint, after all he did support NCFC so he cant be anything elseSo whats the next intelligent action force Deali out by by instigating a Delia out vote on the web  now any predator can have a go at the club because she and the board get fed up with the hassleI am not defending DS at all cost but have siad that buing and selling a football club. like any business is complicated.  It doesnt happen over night or in one meetingOne thing we need to know is Does PC want to invest in or own the club.  If its the former then his investment is very welcome but he cant expect to take control and if its the later then he has to pay a fair price.  He cant have it both ways and frankly a one off investment of £20m as nice as it sounds is not enough