Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

NORWICH TAKEOVER ALL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todays EDP reports that after Mr Cullum met Delia and Michael yesterday and that any take over had been terminated with immediate effect!

All negotiations have been terminated with immediate effect because the Directors and Mr Cullum have been unable to agree mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Mr Cullum whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the club to its stakeholders.

Cant believe this. Delia is ruining the club. Go now! We wont get a better investor than Peter Cullum. She is thinking of herself again, not the club. **** off Delia!

Time for Norwich City fans to stand up and be counted,  The board must go.[quote user="colneycanary"]Todays EDP reports that after Mr Cullum met Delia and Michael yesterday and that any take over had been terminated with immediate effect![/quote]

Lets face it. Delia never wanted to meet Peter Cullum in the first place. It was only pressure from Norwich union, the media and the fans that made her change her mind! She wasn''t willing to negotiate with Mr Cullum what so ever. It was the full 56 million or no deal! Delia has won herself no new friends here and we can only hope and pray that Cullum comes back for a complete takeover!

[quote user="JC"]Time for Norwich City fans to stand up and be counted,  The board must go.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Todays EDP reports that after Mr Cullum met Delia and Michael yesterday and that any take over had been terminated with immediate effect![/quote][/quote]

As a fan, I think this is dreadful news. The board has failed and must go.

"Despite the very best efforts of both sides" who are they trying to kid?

And the only thing "Terminated with immediate effect" should be the board of directors!!!! Get them out!!!!!!!!

Two weeks of disruption,rumour and worst of all NO SIGNINGS for this.

I''m sure there must be a good reason,ho ho!

Lets see what if anything they can spin out of this.

Whiskey on the corn flakes this morning I think!

Just a thought that the article Mick wrote was the start of the spin on the boards part to blacken PC a  bit.

I hope we hear BOTH sides of this before the lynch mob starts.

No doubt we will hear a great deal more about this, but the immediately interesting thing is that it''s a joint statement.

And there goes any hope of getting back to the top tier of football, a place NCFC should be.The board should be ashamed of themselves, from the statment, its clear certain people on the board were out to make a big buck, and in no way can this be seen as having the clubs best interests at heart.Lets face it, this board are NEVER going to put real money into this team, and carrying on the way we have been for the last few seasons will result in one thing.DIV 1 football.SHOCKING !!!!!!!!!

As a side note, i live in germany, but by god, i hope there are massive protests against the board, just like the chase debacle.Shit i would even fly over to join in.I hope to god, that the backlash from the fans come seasons start will be a massive message to delia and co.

I hate to say this, but until we don''t know exact details about Cullum''s offer I find it hard to make any judgement. Let''s hope we''ve not seen the end of this saga.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Todays EDP reports that after Mr Cullum met Delia and Michael yesterday and that any take over had been terminated with immediate effect![/quote]F**K***G BIACH...SHE MUST GO...we will get no bigger investor then PC...IS THE BOARD THAT STUPID!!!!

HOw I wish I could be so level headed this morning.[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I hate to say this, but until we don''t know exact details about Cullum''s offer I find it hard to make any judgement. Let''s hope we''ve not seen the end of this saga.[/quote]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Just a thought that the article Mick wrote was the start of the spin on the boards part to blacken PC a  bit.

I hope we hear BOTH sides of this before the lynch mob starts.

[/quote]

Indeed. Don''t hold your breath though - the lynch mob have got there first.

Re the Mick Dennis article, i definitely thought there were a lot of legitimate questions posed about Cullum.

I agree with you Budapest Canary.So many are very quick to judge that this is all the current boards fault and it couldn''t possibly be Cullum making an unrealistic offer for the club. PC hasn''t been afraid of spouting off in the media lately, so let''s hear what he has to say and how he can work the fans up into more of a frenzy.At least we now know what the situation is for the rest of the pre-season and Glenn can get on and sign some players. Hopefully Cullum will come back with an improved offer later in the year.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]I agree with you Budapest Canary.

So many are very quick to judge that this is all the current boards fault and it couldn''t possibly be Cullum making an unrealistic offer for the club. PC hasn''t been afraid of spouting off in the media lately, so let''s hear what he has to say and how he can work the fans up into more of a frenzy.

At least we now know what the situation is for the rest of the pre-season and Glenn can get on and sign some players.

Hopefully Cullum will come back with an improved offer later in the year.
[/quote]agree with your points...but i think we need investment NOW!!! with the squad we currently have....we are going to be in trouble...and thats the last thing ever NCFC fan needs AGAIN !!!!!!!

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I hate to say this, but until we don''t know exact details about Cullum''s offer I find it hard to make any judgement. Let''s hope we''ve not seen the end of this saga.[/quote]

Exactly. We do not know the details of what was proposed, and until then i will reserve judgement too.

The knee jerk responses already seen just depress me - if i''m honest more than this apparent breakdown of "talks"!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]All negotiations have been terminated with immediate effect because the Directors and Mr Cullum have been unable to agree mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Mr Cullum whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the club to its stakeholders.[/quote] IF THE WORDING OF THIS (JOINT) STATEMENT IS CORRECT why is it the board are being held responsible? Both parties have to keep it legal and within certain parameters. I am amazed that people on this forum think Cullum is whiter than white and its all Delia''s fault, It has been apparent from the start that Cullum wanted to to take over the club by the back door and on the cheap. I would not be willing to lose millions of my own money and anyone on here who says they would is not being truthfull. If he will not negotioate a higher price and the board will not negotiate a lower one then they are both at fault!!!  Having said that I am Gutted!!

[quote user="woody"]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I hate to say this, but until we don''t know exact details about Cullum''s offer I find it hard to make any judgement. Let''s hope we''ve not seen the end of this saga.[/quote]

Exactly. We do not know the details of what was proposed, and until then i will reserve judgement too.

The knee jerk responses already seen just depress me - if i''m honest more than this apparent breakdown of "talks"!!

[/quote]the knee jerk reactions are so many city fans pinned there hopes on this deal happening(as did i)...a glimmer of hope to take NCFC out of the shadows...its very understandable

Typical for this message board, people swearing and having a go a Delia without all the facts...of course she''s in the wrong, it couldn''t be the billionaire businessman as he''s willing to pay £20m for players.  He could do no wrong. (Cue the insults)

"Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club plc have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the Club"

When you look at the above statement it throws up more questions than answers, and to me it throws up more questions on PC''s side.  Most importantly, what are the legal obligations that can''t be met with his proposed takeover?

While I would love the club, that I have been a season ticket holder of since I started working, to have £20m for players; all along I have been questioning the deal.  I didn''t think that it was right that he uses headlines to push it without any detail.  Even now people don''t know if it''s £20m + stake in club or the £20m for players is what gives him a stake in the club.  And before anyone says, it''s fine saying that now the deal has collapsed - check my previous posts.

Absolutely disgraceful, totally shocking.  I came on here this morning with my usual optimism ensuring I was expecting something exciting and interesting.  A raft of new signings, or that a deal had been struck, or even that someone else had beaten Cullum to it.  And this is what I find.  Delia has thrown the proverbial toys out of the pram once and for all and has decided that Cullum''s £20m for players isn''t in the best interest of the club or its shareholders.  Absolute bullsh*t.  How can it not be?  Unless Cullum was wanting to start up an arms dealership within the club, there''s no way this money wasn''t going to be a good thing for the club.  It was our chance, our lifeline, to ensure we don''t suffer another season of humiliation and abject performances.I still have faith in Roeder, but - like many of us - my faith in the board was already hanging by a shoe-string.  Now it is positively destroyed.  Delia''s position is now untenable.  There will be protests, and this time not only Smudger will arrive.  25000 people will be chanting for her to step down and Carrow Road will not be a fun place to visit for a while.  I''m actually considering not taking my girls to their first game on 2nd August anymore, because even though its a friendly I don''t really want them to be subjected to the vitriol and - no doubt - language that will be launched in Delia''s direction.   And that''s just from me...So what do we hope for now?  Well, firstly we have to hope that Roeder doesn''t see this as the sign of inambition that we now do and doesn''t walk.  I don''t think he will, he''s too strong a character for that and will see the job through.  Secondly, we have to hope that his "budget" is enough for us to compete and that he still has enough to bring in the quality signings we need to push for the play-offs, which are now our only hope.  Thirdly, and most importantly, Cullum should listen to what the fans want and push through a hostile takeover.  He''ll already have the backing of one-third of the shareholders and my understanding is that if he were to buy all the supporter shares then he will have his foot in the door enough to force the board to sell up.  These three options seem to be the only hope now.Unless, of course, the Turners have done something bloody spectacular........

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Absolutely disgraceful, totally shocking.  I came on here this morning with my usual optimism ensuring I was expecting something exciting and interesting.  A raft of new signings, or that a deal had been struck, or even that someone else had beaten Cullum to it.  And this is what I find.  Delia has thrown the proverbial toys out of the pram once and for all and has decided that Cullum''s £20m for players isn''t in the best interest of the club or its shareholders.  Absolute bullsh*t.  How can it not be?  Unless Cullum was wanting to start up an arms dealership within the club, there''s no way this money wasn''t going to be a good thing for the club.  It was our chance, our lifeline, to ensure we don''t suffer another season of humiliation and abject performances.

I still have faith in Roeder, but - like many of us - my faith in the board was already hanging by a shoe-string.  Now it is positively destroyed.  Delia''s position is now untenable.  There will be protests, and this time not only Smudger will arrive.  25000 people will be chanting for her to step down and Carrow Road will not be a fun place to visit for a while.  I''m actually considering not taking my girls to their first game on 2nd August anymore, because even though its a friendly I don''t really want them to be subjected to the vitriol and - no doubt - language that will be launched in Delia''s direction.   And that''s just from me...

So what do we hope for now?  Well, firstly we have to hope that Roeder doesn''t see this as the sign of inambition that we now do and doesn''t walk.  I don''t think he will, he''s too strong a character for that and will see the job through.  Secondly, we have to hope that his "budget" is enough for us to compete and that he still has enough to bring in the quality signings we need to push for the play-offs, which are now our only hope.  Thirdly, and most importantly, Cullum should listen to what the fans want and push through a hostile takeover.  He''ll already have the backing of one-third of the shareholders and my understanding is that if he were to buy all the supporter shares then he will have his foot in the door enough to force the board to sell up.  These three options seem to be the only hope now.

Unless, of course, the Turners have done something bloody spectacular........
[/quote]now the board have shown there hand....they must invest in the squad(££££££s) or there will be total uproar at carrow road...25000+ chanting 4 their heads...and rightly so