Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Are we going down yes or no?

Ok then folks after all the will we, won''t we on this board, it comes down to this simple question, do you think we will stay up?

My answer is YES. ( By the skin of our teeth)

No we wont go down!

Southamptons run in is pretty bad so wouldnt expect them to get many more points! And even if they go nick a few wins I am pretty sure we will also nick a couple somewher!

In the Championship there is always lots of upsets!!

Looking at all the remaining fixtures for the clubs at the bottom excluding Colchester and scunthorpe who I think are going down then I came to the conclusion that we would saty up by 1 point on 52 points. Below us would be barnsley and southampton both on 51 points with saints going down on goal difference.

Mind you, i will be putting a bet on us going down next season unless GR can produce a minor miracle in transfer dealings over the summer.

l

Nope!!  3 points on Saturday at home to Burnley who have nothing to play for and a point away to the binners should see us safe.

Southampton, Scunthorpe and Colchester for the drop for me.

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Nope!!  3 points on Saturday at home to Burnley who have nothing to play for[/quote]

But they''re three points off a play-off place, so they''ll be wanting a win as much as us. Don''t underestimate them, they''re not a bad side.

On-topic: I think we''ll just about be okay, I reckon we''ll finish about 20th or something like that.

Burnley are on the verge of the Play Offs so it could be a tricky one, I go for an ugly 1.0 win and we stay to fight another day.

I can just imagine it, last game of the season, its between us or Wenesday for the drop. Could be a Fulham moment all over again!!!

No we are not going down!! Its been a dreadful season but lets hope roeder in the summer can bring in some new additions to the squad that can put the ball in the back of the net.  Promotion next season haha we can dream!

[quote user="ob1"]

How to confuse people;

"Are we going down?"

"Are we staying up?"

"Yes."

Nice one.

[/quote]

Not that confusing if you actually read the post, not just the title.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

I can just imagine it, last game of the season, its between us or Wenesday for the drop. Could be a Fulham moment all over again!!!

[/quote]

& that for me sums up just how bad things are.................

I think we will stay up, but it looks like being our worst season for 50 years & unless someone is going to splash the cash we are not going to be any better next season!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Nope!!  3 points on Saturday at home to Burnley who have nothing to play for[/quote]

But they''re three points off a play-off place, so they''ll be wanting a win as much as us. Don''t underestimate them, they''re not a bad side.

On-topic: I think we''ll just about be okay, I reckon we''ll finish about 20th or something like that.

[/quote]

Yes Graham, I agree with you, Burnley are not a bad side and have an outside chance of a play off spot. But then considering where we were in November we are not a bad side either. They may well be on the verge of the play offs but they have only 9 points more than us. They have won just 2 more games than us all season. They have conceded more goals than us but also scored more. And like us they have only won 4 league games since the beginning of February. Thats the Championship for you this season!

agreed by the skin of our teeth, may well be decided on the last day in which case we will all be in hell. Still think it''s us or Southampton but it will be the saints that go marching down to Div 1

[quote user="Fellas"]lol this is stupidly confusing. To the title: no, to the post yes...
[/quote]

OK,OK, i admit the post and title is a bit confusing, but in my defence its been a long day, Honestly one little mistake!!

[quote user="Phatcanary9"]

Ok then folks after all the will we, won''t we on this board, it comes down to this simple question, do you think we will stay up?

My answer is YES. ( By the skin of our teeth)

[/quote]

So is the question "are we going down," or "do you think we will stay up?"  Blimey, it isn''t difficult.  No and yes.  I mean, yes and no.  I mean no we are not going down and yes we are staying up.  Happy to clear that up.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]I was talking to a Wednesday supporter today and he thinks we''ll send them down on the last day

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]My instinct is that we''ll stay up. If, however, we lose to Burnley at home on Saturday (probably the easiest game we have left) I shall have grave, nagging doubts.[/quote]i''d agree there JJG.  if colchester was must win - then this is following hot on the heels.  for obvious reasons, needing a result from sheff wed wouldn''t be ideal.  and although picking up points from teams above us isn''t beyond city - losing on sat would impact on the players confidence/nerves and surely make it more difficult.  so, i for one, won''t contemplate any other result than a win on sat!!!