Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Sod Off Earnshaw!!

I have constantly backed and supported Earnshaw..........well no more!.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED28%20May%202007%2011%3A09%3A17%3A313

All Earnshaw is interested in it would seem is Mr Bloody Earnshaw, well sod off mate!.

When no one else wanted him we took a big risk on him...........and now he comes out with this self centered cr*p!. Now we know where his true feelings and loyalties lay, I''m more than happy to say:

SOD OFF EARNSHAW!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED28%20May%202007%2011%3A09%3A17%3A313

All Earnshaw is interested in it would seem is Mr Bloody Earnshaw, well sod off mate!.

When no one else wanted him we took a big risk on him...........and now he comes out with this self centered cr*p!. Now we know where his true feelings and loyalties lay, I''m more than happy to say:

SOD OFF EARNSHAW!.

[/quote] Yep you sweet old boy you have got it right again , if he is not interested in City i don''t wan''t to know him .[8o|]

yes, because earnshaw was a big risk at championship level. i dont agree with the theme of what he''s saying, but at least hes honest - how many players state of their love for a club promptly to be sold - a la rooney "once a blue etc"

He''ll be sorely missed if he goes..........by the local garages where he refuels his gas guzzlin'' "Hummer".........[au]

Cheerio Mr Earnshaw..........Many a prospective replacement NCFC hero - are eagerly awaiting in the wings.......Hope you enjoy your ''special'' place on the Prem Club''s subs bench.

You never know, it could be with Worst Broom again![:D]

Lol,so how many of the players past and present have cared or care about City?

Do you care about the place you work at?

You do whats best for you and your family.........Well atleast thats what i do!

Ashton de ja vu?

I wouldn''t be suprised if Tevez was sold and West Ham came in for him like they do and then he formed a great partnership with Cashton.

[quote user="Brandon"]

Ashton de ja vu?

I wouldn''t be suprised if Tevez was sold and West Ham came in for him like they do and then he formed a great partnership with Cashton.

[/quote]

Cashton? so put urself in his position.. ur 22 years old and playing for a club spiralling downwards in the championship.. what do u do.. stay there for 3 years in the hope that team MIGHT come good and get promoted again.. or leave to join a premiership side with a big fan base who were flying at the time where u score in the cup final, get ur side into europe and get called up for the full England side..

Dean Ashton didn''t leave for money like Cashley Cole did.. he left for ambition... something a lot of people fail to accept as they find the scape goat.

as for Earnie.. why say "sod off" we all knew this was coming..

Reeves, Fashanu, Watson, Bruce, Woods, Gordon, Sutton, Fox, Bellamy, Eadie, Ashton, Earnshaw..... it wont ever change at Norwich city.

Good luck Earnie...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Brandon"]

Ashton de ja vu?

[/quote]

Cashton? so put urself in his position.. ur 22 years old and playing for a club spiralling downwards in the championship.. what do u do.. stay there for 3 years in the hope that team MIGHT come good and get promoted again.. or leave to join a premiership side with a big fan base who were flying at the time where u score in the cup final, get ur side into europe and get called up for the full England side..

Dean Ashton didn''t leave for money like Cashley Cole did.. he left for ambition... something a lot of people fail to accept as they find the scape goat.

Reeves, Fashanu, Watson, Bruce, Woods, Gordon, Sutton, Fox, Bellamy, Eadie, Ashton, Earnshaw..... it wont ever change at Norwich city.

Good luck Earnie...

[/quote]

very well put, i totally agree.

the melodramatic lambasting of our better players recent past and present is quite cringemaking.

OI wizard this guy scored 19 goals 4 us and was injured for half the season. Cant bloody blame him to play premiership football its twice as good as championship. Give the guy a bloody break......... and mate im not bothered in saying:SOD OFF WIZARD

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich

SOD OFF EARNSHAW!.

[/quote]

Why so surprised Wiz?

Its a business and the players have their own careers and lives to think about and if they can get get a better deal somewhere else they''d be mugs not to take it. Who in their right mind wouldn''t change jobs for better terms and conditions.

Good players at our level are always going to be in demand at the next level. Good luck to him if he goes I say. We have had our moneys worth out of him and I expect we will get a tidy profit on the transfer fee.

Get over it you lot.

Ashton de ja vu?

[/quote]

Good luck Earnie...

[/quote]

Totally agree jas.  If he wants to go, let''s get it sorted asap and not wait until August.

Best of luck Earnie, you helped to keep us up last season.

SOD OFF EARNSHAW!.

[/quote] I wouldnt say SOD OFF! He has served us well when he has been fit. To suggest as some are that he should be  endebted to us because we gave him a chance is rubbish. We bought him in a panic to replace Ashton, it wasn`t some sort of benevolent jesture.

At least he has been honest, too many players are not, now we know where we stand we can plan the future,

Why  on earth should he want to stay at Norwich....I cant think of one really good reason. We seem to demand absolute loyalty from players and yet slag them off and boo the team. Loyalty works two ways.

He has however got an inflated view of his own chances to play in the Premiership, at best IMO he will be a stand by striker, he is not a top quality player, rarely cuts it at internatioal level for Wales, and misses far too many chances. He wont get the luxury of scoring only one in three good chances in the Prem.

IMO he is a very good Championship player and thats it.

If we get more than we paid for him, say £4m then off you go mate, but thanks for what you have done!

earnie hasnt gone any where yet-and if we dont show any ambition in our signings i wouldnt blame him for leaving!!!

he is still yellow and green and as long as he is i will support him!!!

The Pinkun story''s only direct quote from Earnie - in an entire page - is this: "I''ve got to be true to myself - I want to play in the Premiership.  I think it''s the perfect time for me at my age and I''m no different to anyone else - I want to play against the best." 

If this is what was said, I really can''t see the problem - nothing there should be news to anyone. Why would he not want to play in the Prem?  If he didn''t, would we not be calling his ambition into question?  Of course we would.  He is saying nothing there that you wouldn''t or shouldn''t expect.  I''ve always been 50:50 as to whether I think he should stay or be sold, and this changes absolutely nothing... 

...but I would like to know if there is more to the quote.  If not, this story smacks very much of media sensationalism/spin of the worst kind, as it has served no purpose other than to try to turn supporters against Earnie. 

The story''s intro piece says, and I quote: "the 19-goal striker told a Welsh newspaper over the weekend that he would be lying if he didn''t dream of being snapped up by a Premiership club this summer."  This hugely different to the quote used, using deliberately emotive language - so for me it is either poor journalism to have not included such a quote using these words (if it exists) in the story, or extremely poor of the author and the Pinkun to infer such emotive wording from what was said.  It has certainly helped to turn supporters against Earnie, which seems to have been the only aim of the piece.

Of course, I may be wrong, and the quotes may be spot on, but it would not be the first time the Pink un has seemingly misused or reinterpreted quotes.

Ashton de ja vu?

[/quote]

Good luck Earnie...

[/quote]

Lets not go over the whole Ashton saga, remember how he pocketed from his own transfer etc, I could go into details but I''m not going to waste my time. I understand your view though. Fact is though, it is very much de ja vu like I said, although Earnie didn''t sign a contract extension and say he was willing to help the club for promotion and leave in January.

[quote user="canary to the core"]

earnie hasnt gone any where yet-and if we dont show any ambition in our signings i wouldnt blame him for leaving!!!

[/quote]

If he leaves Norwich he will still play in yellow and green for Wales, so erm yeah.. had to do that.

What is really interesting is tthat in all the speculation so far including those summaries of every prem club''s potential in and outs, I have not seen a single mention of Earnie.   Not even the Fulhams are being linked with him by the press.   I have not seen any mention of him on the rumours site.  Compare that with the rumours about Ashdon 2 years ago.

I''m sure that if he was put up for sale then there would be interest but the world is hardly beating a path to Carrow Road for him.   In fact, the cynical might suggest that Earnie''s quote is intended to build up some interest.

So far however, this is an issue waiting to happen and not something that is real.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

The Pinkun story''s only direct quote from Earnie - in an entire page - is this: "I''ve got to be true to myself - I want to play in the Premiership.  I think it''s the perfect time for me at my age and I''m no different to anyone else - I want to play against the best." 

If this is what was said, I really can''t see the problem - nothing there should be news to anyone. Why would he not want to play in the Prem?  If he didn''t, would we not be calling his ambition into question?  Of course we would.  He is saying nothing there that you wouldn''t or shouldn''t expect.  I''ve always been 50:50 as to whether I think he should stay or be sold, and this changes absolutely nothing... 

...but I would like to know if there is more to the quote.  If not, this story smacks very much of media sensationalism/spin of the worst kind, as it has served no purpose other than to try to turn supporters against Earnie. 

The story''s intro piece says, and I quote: "the 19-goal striker told a Welsh newspaper over the weekend that he would be lying if he didn''t dream of being snapped up by a Premiership club this summer."  This hugely different to the quote used, using deliberately emotive language - so for me it is either poor journalism to have not included such a quote using these words (if it exists) in the story, or extremely poor of the author and the Pinkun to infer such emotive wording from what was said.  It has certainly helped to turn supporters against Earnie, which seems to have been the only aim of the piece.

Of course, I may be wrong, and the quotes may be spot on, but it would not be the first time the Pink un has seemingly misused or reinterpreted quotes.

[/quote]

You could well be right Branston - remember the "Leon: Fans Turned On Me" headline last summer when he went to Coventry?  When you read the article he said nothing of the kind.  It pisses me off too.  I emailed the sports editor over the Leon headline and quoted the relevant section of the Press Complaints Commission code of practice, they soon changed it on the website but of course the paper had already hit the streets. 

Cut it out Archant please.

This "Loyalty" or lack of it that you say Earnshaw is guilty of. Would that be the same "Loyalty" that you show the club with your constant lambasting of everybody and anybody who doesn''t do things the way you want. Then followed by you making a complete u-turn on your own opinion as soon as they pick up or change things or even just because you wake up on the other side of the bed. Worthy out, Worthy in and then Worthy out again. Leave Delia alone/ its all Delia’s fault. Ring any bells.

Oh just remind me you are still a fully paid up season ticket holder showing your "Loyalty" on the terraces week in week out aren''t you.

Why should he be "Loyal" to us. He has returned for us what we wanted and as somebody else said on here, would any one of us be any different with our jobs if the opportunity to do better arose.

I would love to see him stay but the only way that a player of his quality is going to hang around is if the club shows commitment to the cause. Show him there is every chance of playing in the premiership the following season and he''d stay. Sign players capable of complementing a player of his ability and then ask the question.

If we are committed to promotion the we need to show it, if we are not the how can anybody blame a player leaving to better himself if he is able to do so.

As soon as he does go you''ll be saying he was the best thing since sliced bread and it''s all the clubs fault. Well for a few day anyway. Until you chage your mind again.

Good luck to the boy I say, if it is a sin to harbor ambitious desires then nearly every player in every team is a sinner wouldn''t you say Wiz ?.

If he is mindful of Premiership football in the near future he would undoubtedly have considered whether he could get there with us.

His conclusion may be that our present board/management set up will not be capable of attracting the necessary players to achieve his aim that way.

But the truth of the matter probably is that his words were probably a throwaway comment in answer to some loaded question by a conniving hack looking for an attention seeking headline.

I would like to hear an actual sound recording of the interview, I think it might offer a different slant on the matter.

[quote user="canary to the core"]

[/quote]

He is only green and yellow until the 1st  July when Billy Sharp IS SIGNED. All the press talk is bullsh** to make it look like Earnshaw is the one asking to leave in a convoluted way . This is to keep the heat off the board.

Oh dear. The sudden change of attitude towards one of our best players, simply because of his ambition is dissapointing. He is a great player who can do well at a much better club and i can understand that while being grateful for the goals he has scored which many of you said saved us from the relegation scrap. If we sell him we get a lot of money to hopefully reinvest in the rest of the team.

What the club musnt do is repeat the Ashton fiasco,  by offering him more money to stay when his heart is set on a prem move;   In hindsight letting Dean go to Citeh when they offered the cash was probably the best thing we could have done.

If he stay s because he wants to excellent,  but refusing him a move would be a futile exercise all round. 

"I''ve got to be true to myself - I want to play in the Premiership.  I think it''s the perfect time for me at my age and I''m no different to anyone else - I want to play against the best." 

Whats he meant to say...?

"I''m very happy playing in the Championship-its where I belong, I cannot really see myself playing in the Premiership now, not at my age or this stage of my career. Being at Norwich suits me, theres no pressure, I play in front of 25''000 fans every week and I can see myself spending the rest of my career here"

???

He''s ambitious, he wants to move on and progress, as much as he can, his career. We are a place of work for him, nothing more, nothing less. Just as Cardiff City was, yet he is cheered to the rafters by their fans whenever they see him. Looks like he is now setting himself up to be booed at by Norwich fans and labelled as "Judas" -yes, ANOTHER one, how many more?

calm down peeps, apart from Le Tissier and the current crew at Man Utd (Giggs, Scholes, GNeville) no-one stays at a club out of sentiment.He''s not a local lad who has supported NCFC all his life like you lot, don''t expect favours.At the end of the day, we have to look after #1, and most people in this world in whatever employment are looking for promotion/payrises - especially with mortgages to pay.I don''t agree with him coming out with his statement but that''s life I''m afraid.At the moment, NCFC aren''t a big club to anyone outside Norfolk, and this will always happen (apart from the exception to the rule - Hucks, and hats off to him)Let him go, boo him on his return, but cheer him if he stays.

Come on you yellows

Can''t see the problem here.

Provided we get the right fee then I have no problem with selling him. We have seen better players than him leave in the past! Yes, he is a great goalscorer but I would argue that as a team we generally played better without him last year (Hux certainly played better when he moved up front to replace Earnie). He does very little for the team, often shooting from distance when team mates are better placed. I can remember very little assists from him last year other than Dion''s goal at home to QPR. His first touch and link up play are not what they should be.

If we get £5/6 million and get a decent replacement for him (Sharp or Eastwood) plus money to spend across the rest of the squad then I''m happy.

Also, as has been mentioned in other recent threads a 20 goal a season man doesn''t get you promoted - a solid defence gives you a better chance.

Finally, its good to see the local press scouring other papers looking for negative City stories. No mention of the alleged interest in Billy Sharp!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Can''t see the problem here.

Provided we get the right fee then I have no problem with selling him. We have seen better players than him leave in the past! Yes, he is a great goalscorer but I would argue that as a team we generally played better without him last year (Hux certainly played better when he moved up front to replace Earnie). He does very little for the team, often shooting from distance when team mates are better placed. I can remember very little assists from him last year other than Dion''s goal at home to QPR. His first touch and link up play are not what they should be.

If we get £5/6 million and get a decent replacement for him (Sharp or Eastwood) plus money to spend across the rest of the squad then I''m happy.

Also, as has been mentioned in other recent threads a 20 goal a season man doesn''t get you promoted - a solid defence gives you a better chance.

Finally, its good to see the local press scouring other papers looking for negative City stories. No mention of the alleged interest in Billy Sharp!

[/quote]

This is what i''ve been trying to point out stevie on another thread.

If Stevie Wonder can see it, why cant the rest of you!!!