Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Ashamed of you Barclay boys (and others)

When Marshall was injured in the first half the cheer from the Barclay was a disgrace, I have no problem with the heckles and taunting but to cheer an injury is stepping over the line.

Follow this with the chant of "what a load of Rubbish" and I think you''ll all feel like proper football supporters.

Start doing what you normally do best and supporting the team.

I know having critised the fans I will now be run out of town ( see Worthington and almost Grant) but lets not go to the gutter level as supporters.

The bigger font wont impress anyone any more im afraid.

So what if the barclay were cheering? Any other football supporter would do the same thing - And the reason for chanting "What a load of rubbish" is reasonably straight forward, it was a load of rubbish.

And, you wont be run out of town. Duhh..this is a CITY :)

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

When Marshall was injured in the first half the cheer from the Barclay was a disgrace, I have no problem with the heckles and taunting but to cheer an injury is stepping over the line.

[/quote]Good job he wasnt really injured then wasnt it? he got up and smirked at the barclay

jas :)

Yes I was ashamed of the fans who were booeing Andy Marshall when he down injured too [:$]

Follow this with the chant of "what a load of Rubbish" and I think you''ll all feel like proper football supporters.

I know having critised the fans I will now be run out of town ( see Worthington and almost Grant) but lets not go to the gutter level as supporters.

[/quote]You may be right but as countless others have said they have paid there money they can choose how they want to support the team or treat opposing players.

I agree....chanting ''what a load of rubbish'' midway through the 2nd half is out of order and does nothing to help the team rectify the scoreline. However the abuse to Marshall is more than justified. He is extremely smug, constantly takes the piss out of norwich fans and deserves all he gets. The man is an arrogant prick and shows no respect to the fans who supported him for many years.

Im more ashamed of the performances of our so called players i wont name them ,if they showed as much passion and aggresion as the fans where towards judas marshall we would be at the top of the division not 3 points of relegation .   Dont be so sensitive we are in the middle of a relegation battle not at  the school play .OTBC

[quote user="barclayendboy"]

You may be right but as countless others have said they have paid there money they can choose how they want to support the team or treat opposing players.

[/quote]

Oh cool.

So because I''ve paid my road tax and I bought my own car, I can drive round to your house and cheer when you hurt yourself?

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]You may be right but as countless others have said they have paid there money they can choose how they want to support the team or treat opposing players.[/quote]

Oh cool.

So because I''ve paid my road tax and I bought my own car, I can drive round to your house and cheer when you hurt yourself?

[/quote]No offense mook but that makes absolutely no sense, I''m very confused as to how that relates.

[/quote]

I''m sorry but THAT post is a disgrace!!! how can you say that after everything he did and everything he continues to do!!! i''d be dissapointed if they didnt cheer when he got injured. have you not noticed how other teams fans are so much better at pissin off our players, and have you noticed how it gets to them, the only one who can really handle it is huckerby, the rest jus fall to pieces. why don''t we take the mick out of other players as much i dont understand it, surely as a fan you would do anything to help the other team self destruct!!!

Oh dear. Our team is s**t and here we are worrying about upsetting a knob who walked out on us to join Ipswich.

He isn''t dead...so let''s get real eh? Nicey nicey Norwich strikes yet again.............[N]

[quote user="burn down the ipswich"]

I''m sorry but THAT post is a disgrace!!! how can you say that after everything he did and everything he continues to do!!! i''d be dissapointed if they didnt cheer when he got injured. have you not noticed how other teams fans are so much better at pissin off our players, and have you noticed how it gets to them, the only one who can really handle it is huckerby, the rest jus fall to pieces. why don''t we take the mick out of other players as much i dont understand it, surely as a fan you would do anything to help the other team self destruct!!!

[/quote]At the end of the day for all his misdemenours in the past, Andy Marshall IS a human being. He has feelings, he has people who care about him. If we were at an away ground and one of our players was down injured for a few minutes we wouldn''t like it if he was getting heckled by the fans during this period. The rest of the game fair enough, but it is below the belt to do it when the bloke is injured. How would you feel if he had been concussed, or had a Peter Cech style incident? Still proud of yourselves for booing?  

[quote user="hogesar"]

The bigger font wont impress anyone any more im afraid.

So what if the barclay were cheering? Any other football supporter would do the same thing - And the reason for chanting "What a load of rubbish" is reasonably straight forward, it was a load of rubbish.

And, you wont be run out of town. Duhh..this is a CITY :)

[/quote]

Agreed. Why shouldn''t the fans voice their displeasure? All supporters of other clubs do this. Or do you like the fact that Norwich fans just put up with the same old sh*t week in week out, following the team blindly? They were rubbish long before the fans started shouting this, so what''s your point?

Just a thought,

I have noticed that each time  Marshall revisits us he is met  with hostility, thrives on it and then proceeds to play a blinder .

Therefore If/when we encounter him again, maybe  we should greet him with silence to acheive the opposite effect ?

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]

You may be right but as countless others have said they have paid there money they can choose how they want to support the team or treat opposing players.

[/quote]

Oh cool.

[/quote]

No offense mook but that makes absolutely no sense, I''m very confused as to how that relates.
[/quote]

I know it''s a tough one, UEA, but try to read the original post - stating that because the fans have paid their entrance fee, they can do and say what they like regardless of taste - and see how I have cleverly (!) turned it around to say that because I have paid for the right to use my car, I may drive round to Barclayendboy''s house and slate him as I see fit.

Geddit yet?

Ok, I''ll help you along a bit - it means that I don''t believe the boundaries of taste should be broken just because you gave £25 to the person at the turnstile.

I''ll try and keep it more literal and less abstract next time. Jeeez.

[quote user="ButchP"][quote user="burn down the ipswich"]

[/quote]

At the end of the day for all his misdemenours in the past, Andy Marshall IS a human being. He has feelings, he has people who care about him. If we were at an away ground and one of our players was down injured for a few minutes we wouldn''t like it if he was getting heckled by the fans during this period. The rest of the game fair enough, but it is below the belt to do it when the bloke is injured. How would you feel if he had been concussed, or had a Peter Cech style incident? Still proud of yourselves for booing?  
[/quote]

How are chec and marshall the same exactly??? chec''s injury was serioius and he nearly died, marshall collided with etuhu and pretends to be injured for a couple of minutes, then "miraculously" theres nothin wrong with him. so please explain how the two situations are the same?

[quote user="ricky knight"]how many away grounds have you been to.[/quote]

I don''t see the relevance of this question but to answer it I would say probably between 30and 40 different grounds this includes during the 70''s when things weren''t particularly PC.

We sometimes seem to lose the fact that this is a sport.

Just clapping for him instead of booing may work.

He seems to thrive when playing against Norwich.

I didnt go yesterday, Has his kicking improved?!

[quote user="Mook"]

I know it''s a tough one, UEA, but try to read the original post - stating that because the fans have paid their entrance fee, they can do and say what they like regardless of taste - and see how I have cleverly (!) turned it around to say that because I have paid for the right to use my car, I may drive round to Barclayendboy''s house and slate him as I see fit.

Geddit yet?

Ok, I''ll help you along a bit - it means that I don''t believe the boundaries of taste should be broken just because you gave £25 to the person at the turnstile.

I''ll try and keep it more literal and less abstract next time. Jeeez.

[/quote]I think I see where your coming from, but IMO I think it may have been better to say that because you have paid for the right to use your car that gives you the right to abuse other road users.I''ve got another one though, if was to go to the zoo and as I''ve paid for the right to go in and watch the animals does not mean I have the right to abuse them if they don''t entertain me

Seeing as how he wasn''t really injured and was feigning it, i cant see its relevant. It was a 50:50 ball and Etuhu was entitled to go for it.

To be honest, there are not many ex-players who come back and do get booed...he is an exception!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I''ve got another one though, if was to go to the zoo and as I''ve paid for the right to go in and watch the animals does not mean I have the right to abuse them if they don''t entertain me[/quote]That ones easy - just tear up your ticket, refuse to ever go again, then proceed to standing outside the Zoo with placards and chants making it clear that you want the governers of the Zoo sacked with immediate effect... because the lions p*ssed you off, once...Makes perfect sense to me...

[quote user="cityangel"]Yes I was ashamed of the fans who were booeing Andy Marshall when he down injured too [:$][/quote]I don''t see why, it was obvious from the start he was milking it, and confirmed by his reaction.Even if he was really injured, sod him. You think the scum would be any kinder to an ex city player in the same situation, let alone a Judas?He knew he''d be playing in front of the Barclay, he gets paid enough to take a bit of abuse. Dickson should have kneed him in the knackers, at least he''d have contributed something worthwhile to the game then.

[quote user="ButchP"][quote user="burn down the ipswich"]

[/quote]

At the end of the day for all his misdemenours in the past, Andy Marshall IS a human being. He has feelings, he has people who care about him. If we were at an away ground and one of our players was down injured for a few minutes we wouldn''t like it if he was getting heckled by the fans during this period. The rest of the game fair enough, but it is below the belt to do it when the bloke is injured. How would you feel if he had been concussed, or had a Peter Cech style incident? Still proud of yourselves for booing?  
[/quote]

Awww ^o) How sweet? Im sure he does have feelings and all...

Jesus christ.

If Marshall was black, and we spent the whole of the game making reference to this, would posters on here still find it acceptable?  

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="UEA Canary"]I''ve got another one though, if was to go to the zoo and as I''ve paid for the right to go in and watch the animals does not mean I have the right to abuse them if they don''t entertain me[/quote]That ones easy - just tear up your ticket, refuse to ever go again, then proceed to standing outside the Zoo with placards and chants making it clear that you want the governers of the Zoo sacked with immediate effect... because the lions p*ssed you off, once...Makes perfect sense to me... [/quote]lol!

[quote user="ButchP"]If Marshall was black, and we spent the whole of the game making reference to this, would posters on here still find it acceptable?  
[/quote]

What a load of PC crap. It had nothing to do with anything other than the fact he did the dirty on our club, so would expect (and deserve) abuse.  Why oh why does race get brought into everything these days when for the vast majority of people it just isn''t an issue. 

ButchP wrote "If Marshall was black, and we spent the whole of the game making reference to this, would posters on here still find it acceptable?"

Congratulations on the most irrelevant post of the decade!! And let''s not forget that you are up against some pretty stiff competition.