Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Youngsters go to Lynn, why??????????

Why the hell are two youngsters going to Kings Blo*d* Lynn may i ask. This will give them valuable match experience, my a**e it will. How is playing against a load of no more better than Sunday league players going to help them?

Its hardly a test is it. I would understand if it was League 1 or even two, but my god have the managment staff lost the plot. If you are going to loan anyone to Lynn make it Robinson or Throne where they belong, in this gutter. Why is Grant licking Webbs ba**s*de?

This is a complete disgrace and is now going beyond a joke. What next Jarvis brothers to Lowestoft or may Great Yarmouth.

If these younsters have any potential it is not going to be recognised playing against second rate players. Grant obviously feels the same way about the youth set up as Worthless did.

Grant leave this club immediately, you are a complete waste of space.

Cave-Brown has been out injured for a long period and needs match practice and fisk who i know very little about has never even troubled our first team so i guess it would be difficult to get him a place with a league club. Also don''t you think you''re being a bit harsh on King''s Lynn i think they play a reasonable standard of football after all they just got to the second round of the FA cup. I''d rather see them playing for Kings Lynn in a competative match than playing in the joke that is our reserve leauge.

So what do you suggest then, let them just play in two reserves games a month??

Cave-Brown needs some games after being injured and a league1 or 2 team are unlikely to want a player whos not match fit are they. Kings Lynn are only 2 divisions away from the football league  and are semi-pro so they are just a bit better than a sunday league side.

You really amaze me with your in depth knowledge of football. Kings Lynn no better than Sunday league players? How many Sunday league teams made it to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup.

I have to agree with you I own this club.

If players need match practive why not loan them to Peterborough or similar free of charge - ie we continue to pay the wages. I know they cant do that today but its only 10 days until they can be loaned anywhere.   At lynn there is a high risk of  opponents wanting to leave their mark in the wrong way.

I must say I thought the same thing - isn''t Cave-Brown a hot prospect? Can''t see him gaining much with Lynn except going  backward.

I''m getting tired of seeing your name appearing so many times on this site with your irrational knee-yerk views. Calm down.

This move makes sense for Lynn and us ... that doesn''t need explaining. I bet the boys are relishing the opportunity - it won''t damage us in any way.

Maybe think next time before you start yet another hot air propelled rant. You have posted an awful lot in the short time that you have been on this forum and always seem to be outraged or appalled - are you just an atention seeker I wonder?

I must admit to being a little bemused by this. The only things I can think of are - With the dearth of reserve games at least they will be getting a run out and consequently match fitness, isn`t Cave-Brown returning from injury, so maybe this is seen as a way of getting back into the first team squad a little quicker and given they are both young lads maybe they do not want to be loaned too far from home?

Cave-Brown is only on loan until 20th Jan while Fisk is on loan until the end of the season, with the option to recall him at any time. As KL are not in the football league, the youngsters are available to play on Saturday.

Many professional players have started in non-league football. Freddy Eastwood was released from West Ham and went to play for Grays for a year before being picked up by southend. Recently, Lee Marshall and Zema Abey had both played non-league before playing for Norwich.

Although not non-league, even Robert Earnshaw had a stint at Scottish 2nd division side Morton before breaking into the Cardif side.

As others have said, playing any football is better than none, espicially if you are trying to break into the side.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

I''m getting tired of seeing your name appearing so many times on this site with your irrational knee-yerk views. Calm down.

This move makes sense for Lynn and us ... that doesn''t need explaining. I bet the boys are relishing the opportunity - it won''t damage us in any way.

Maybe think next time before you start yet another hot air propelled rant. You have posted an awful lot in the short time that you have been on this forum and always seem to be outraged or appalled - are you just an atention seeker I wonder?

[/quote]

No offence, i think it was I OWN THIS CLUB (which you dont, by the way, and has relevance to this) but i agree with this KP guy. Everything you''ve posted has been negative i think, not something we need since theres so many. Atleast, as ive said before, wiz and cluck structure and have meaning to their arguments. Im jsut glad you''re not a manager.

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

How is playing against a load of no more better than Sunday league players going to help them?

[/quote]There speaks a man who has no idea of the level of non league football.Sunday league my arse. You should try taking a bit of interest in football below Premiership level once in a while (I assume thats why you''re always moaning, can''t get to see your beloved Man Utd on the cheap now we''re not there any more)Ignoramus (look it up)

They are just going to get injured by players as zipper said who want to leave their mark. Sorry to upset you all, but does grant really feel that this is the players level? I think that its an insult to the players.

Im sorry if i have been negative, but what is there that is positive at the moment? I am a true Norwich fan and for anyone to say otherwise **** off.

Having played at semi-professional level myself, I should say that it is light years ahead of sunday league standard, in terms of organsiation, fitness and ability of players and teams. In fact I would go so far to say that many guys in semi-professional football are at least as good as many guys playing professional football (I''m talking our midfield here!!!), just not as fit. That''s why you get ''shocks'' in the FA Cup - as these guys are good players, and many are former pros/youth players.

But saying that, if I was Fisk, I''d be a bit upset about going on a season loan to Kings Lynn - as I''d be wanting to bust my gut to get into the first team, particularly when I saw the likes of Etuhu, Robinson and Hughes ahead of me - I''d be thinking I''d have a chance. Quite frankly I''d be pretty pissed and go and tell Grant what I thought of him and the afore mentioned three. But I can understand the reasoning behind Cave-Brown - experience and fitness work for just one month.

I guess it would be better to see how they would perform in League One/Two....but at Lynn they are nearer to home....and will get to experience a more physical ''all out'' type of play.

It might just help KL push on in the league a bit too...... Local Norfolk team and all that.............

do you have any idea IOTC?

It''s pretty simple why the two young boys have gone to kings lynn IMO, cave-brown has gone there to get some match fitness and so that grant has the chance to see him play. fisk has gone there to play regularly so that he can get used to proffesional football as reserve and youth teams lack bite, determination and the wise old head in the team who will encourage and help the younger players, dion dublin is a great example of this if you watch him. since shackell has played next to dublin, shack''s positioning and awareness have come on leaps and bounds uner DD''s guidance. this should also toughen up fisk a bit because from wot i have seen of him he is total lightweight

The standard of the reserve league and the frequency of games means that the fringe players at Carrow Road are sitting around bereft of games.

Why shouldn''t they then go to Kings Lynn for a period to keep in reasonable match practice? If I was one of them I would rather do this than play occasional reserve games at places no better than the ground facilities at The Walks. As well as being a good standard of football the nature of that league and the competitive nature will help toughen up the players on loan. 

It seems to me that whatever Peter Grant tries to do he will get slated by posters on this website. Why not try out things like this? 

People seem to forget these are just kids - Cave Brown is 18, Fisk is 19. Loaning them out to a side anywhere except Peterborough is asking them to suddenley up sticks and move elsewhere at the drop of a hat, right before Christmas. It''s not very nice on them at such a tender age.

As for Peterborough, why would they want to be our feeder club? These players aren''t Arsenal or Chelsea reserves you know; they''re hardly names that will fit right into the team.

Worthington was criticised for not letting players out on loan. Now Grant is being criticised for giving two decent prospects the chance to play some regular football. It''s a bit silly to say the least.

Im sorry if i have been negative, but what is there that is positive at the moment? I am a true Norwich fan and for anyone to say otherwise **** off.

[/quote]

Nice! Merry Christmas! Great to see loyal Norwich City supporters sticking together!

So, pre-warn me ... what will be your ridiculously provocative post tomorrow? You''re getting boring now.

What i find interesting is that kings lynn are a part time club with part time players Andrew Cave-Brown has just got back from injury will will go from training 5 days a week too maybe 3 evenings a week same wages he must be rubbing his hand with delight because of the time he''s going to have off..

Grant leave this club immediately, you are a complete waste of space.

[/quote]

If you own this club, then why don''t you fire him?[*-)]

OTBC.

[quote user="YGB"]What i find interesting is that kings lynn are a part time club with part time players Andrew Cave-Brown has just got back from injury will will go from training 5 days a week too maybe 3 evenings a week same wages he must be rubbing his hand with delight because of the time he''s going to have off..[/quote]

i reckon because Kings Lynn is so close he will train with use the other days

[quote user="fleggy"]I must say I thought the same thing - isn''t Cave-Brown a hot prospect? Can''t see him gaining much with Lynn except going  backward.[/quote]

He''s only going for a month to get match fit.