Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Safri and Etuhu

Just seen this on BBC Sport Gossip Column, taken from various newspapers this morning:

Norwich City players Youssef Safri and Dickson Etuhu traded punches on the coach back from Saturday''s defeat by Plymouth (various)

What''s this all about, then...? Trouble at t''mill?

Heard a similar version of events but thought it had happened in training before the game.  Something obviously not right, and sounds like Shacks and Worthy are not getting on either.

Interesting. There may be something in this..I heard they were in a bust up in training last week aswell. One of the staff has the black eye to prove it when he tried to split them up....

Everything is not rosy in the NCFC garden

This was also in todays Daily Mirror Oh Evil One. Apparently, they came to blows on the blus taking them to Plymouth airport after the game.

The article also claimed that this has been going on between them in training for some while now. Someome really should have sorted this out by now, shouldn''t you Nigel?.

this is last thing we need to hear!!!

if it comes down to one leavin, i no who i''d rather keep, shame seemin ethuhu is finally playin well

surely ethuhu would win that fight though! look at the size of the geezer

The relevant part here...

Doncaster confirmed a clash had taken place between the pair, but it was on the training ground before the game.

"There was a reaction to a physical challenge in training in the week leading up to the Plymouth game," he said. "It was between those two players. It was over in seconds.

"In a contact sport it is the sort of incident that happens in training around the country on a regular basis. Contrary to reports, there was absolutely no incident on the coach on the way back from Plymouth."

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

The relevant part here...

Doncaster confirmed a clash had taken place between the pair, but it was on the training ground before the game.

"There was a reaction to a physical challenge in training in the week leading up to the Plymouth game," he said. "It was between those two players. It was over in seconds.

"In a contact sport it is the sort of incident that happens in training around the country on a regular basis. Contrary to reports, there was absolutely no incident on the coach on the way back from Plymouth."

[/quote]

So are you saying you were on that coach Blah?, you seem so sure.

And that would confirm something else to me.

ethutu to win? i know the blokes massive and we know he has a temper (the kevin nichols incident last year) but safri is like the ultimate terrier hardman...he''s short yeah but he isnt half aggressive, i wouldnt wanna pick a winner!

this stuff happens all the time at every club though, its only getting reported because were on a terrible run and people want to put more pressure on the manager, just to clarifiy

Lets not make a mountain out of a molehill.Training ground bust-ups happen every day at several clubs across the land. I''m sure both Safri and Etuhu are big enough men to shake hands and put it down to experience.

I am sure that this time last year we may have eventually have heard about it, or rumours anyway, some weeks later; this time some one, most probably from within the club, has chosen to leak the story.

For me that is the most worrying part of the story - not that they fell out, but that we know about it so promptly.

Dontcha just love a good consipracy theory!

[quote user="Philip Ellis"]

ethutu to win? i know the blokes massive and we know he has a temper (the kevin nichols incident last year) but safri is like the ultimate terrier hardman...he''s short yeah but he isnt half aggressive, i wouldnt wanna pick a winner!

this stuff happens all the time at every club though, its only getting reported because were on a terrible run and people want to put more pressure on the manager, just to clarifiy

[/quote] Etuhu, all Nigerian muscle, but inclined to be lazy, against Safri, the Casablanca street fighter, with a preference for low blows and dirty fighting. Hmmmmm.. my moneys on the North African. Whoever wins, it would make a more entertaining spectacle a Norwich City match..

[quote user="Herb"]

Lets not make a mountain out of a molehill.
Training ground bust-ups happen every day at several clubs across the land. I''m sure both Safri and Etuhu are big enough men to shake hands and put it down to experience.

[/quote]

Maybe, but Etuhu is known for his ''comedy fights'' from his preston days, although not with his own teammates by all accounts!!  lol [:D]

I dunno Herb, when your team is on a losing run these things never go away as easily as all that.  Our appalling showing last weekend for example can''t have helped.  If punches were thrown there is no way this will blow over as quickly as you might suggest in the minds of the players involved.

[quote user="Pilko"]

It is in todays Daily Mail. I don''t think this is the type of passion we need.

Come on Pink ''un. You being out scooped on City News by these Fancy Dan London Papers????

[/quote]

And our very own Citizen Journo hasn''t run the story either, surely he must have already heard it from a mate or seen it on another board! Keeping us in the dark now CJF??? [;)][8-|]

The fight between Safri and Etuhu started over who loved and supported Worthy the most.

Said Safri "you do!" replied Etuhu "No chance. You do!"

The fight was broken up by Delia, heard to say "No-one does anymore"......

this just sums up what a mess this club is in! where is the leadership within the club let alone on the pitch? we are a joke!!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

The Citizen Journo can only add to the report that apparantly Dave Carolan has a nasty black eye at the moment!! [:O]

Also that Dickson was apparantly sticking up for Ryan Jarvis whom Safri slid in on!! Safri threw the punch btw [:D]

[/quote]

Good old boy!!! That''s more like it!!! So nothing happened on the coach then???

Get in first next time please [sn] [8-|]

[quote user="Herb"]Lets not make a mountain out of a molehill.
Training ground bust-ups happen every day at several clubs across the land. I''m sure both Safri and Etuhu are big enough men to shake hands and put it down to experience.

[/quote]

Agreed Herb.  Let''s face it, anything that happens at CR will make the news just at present.

Saw Dickson really angry during the Rotherham game, ready to hit anybody within range, it took three teammates to calm him down.  I shouldn''t condone it really but he was magnificent, like Patrick Vieira on tilt.

It happened last week.

Someone at the club has leaked it to the press, to divert the awkward questions about the Delia situation.  They''re trying to bury bad news in other words.

What an utterly shambolic mess.

And now the club have wheeled out Doncaster AND the Doc to downplay the incidentPhew, good job it wasn''t serious then....so trivial that the Chief Exec and the team captain have had to come out and poo-poo the significance of it.What''s that? The club washing machines are on full spin cycle?

DOHERTY ON TRAINING SPAT

CITY defender Gary Doherty today said Dickson Etuhu and Youssef

Safri were "good friends again" after their training ground spat last

week.

Following inaccurate reports in national papers that the two

midfielders had come to blows on the team coach returning from Plymouth

at the weekend, the Club released a statement revealing there had

indeed been a minor ruckus between the duo - but that the incident had

happened in training almost a week ago.

The matter has now been dealt with internally by the Club, with

chief executive Neil Doncaster claiming the dust-up was over "in

seconds".

And Doherty, who witnessed Thursday''s drama, said training ground spats were commonplace at most clubs.

"It happens a lot at all clubs," said Doherty, speaking to press at the launch of the Club''s Disability Awareness Week.

"If you come down and watch training you will probably see it every

now and again. But because results haven''t been going for us people

have jumped on it.

"It''s not a problem. It''s all done and dusted. They''re good friends

now, it''s just one of those sad occasions which happens sometimes."

The publicity surrounding the training ground spat adds to what has already been a colourful week for the Canaries in the media.

But Doherty said the players were fully focused on the televised

match with Burnley this Sunday and was looking forward to getting the

Plymouth debacle out of his system.

"That''s the great thing about football, you always have a chance to put things right quickly," he said.

"From a personal point of view I was awful at Plymouth and a lot of the lads have admitted we were way below par.

"But now we have a chance on Sunday to put that right. We want

to put in a good performance in front of the Sky cameras and show the

rest of the country and the other clubs that we''re not down and out."

(from First News - official Club site)

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Saw Dickson really angry during the Rotherham game, ready to hit anybody within range, it took three teammates to calm him down.  I shouldn''t condone it really but he was magnificent, like Patrick Vieira on tilt.

[/quote]On the other hand he acted as peacemaker and got between Safri and a certain binner reject in the last home game. Dunno if he calmed him down much, but he at least saved him a booking (Safs looked seconds away from lamping said binner reject...)He might just have the right balance of fire in his belly and a cool(ish) head.