Sign in to follow this  
sussexcanary

Atmosphere on Tuesday?

Will be interesting to hear what this will be like.  Was there much atmosphere struck up for the pre season games? i know there was on 5,000 or so for Northampton so probably not

there wont be worthy out chants...

the 1st "homer" usually has a good atmosphere and im sure the game will do so...

20-30 minutes in if we arent playing then there might be some grumbles.. if we play like we did against them last season and completely roll over and die then the Atmosphere will be hostile towards the players id imagine.

jas :)

I can see many arguments between fans if things don''t go our way - However 6 points from the next two home games - which we should get if we are serious about being real contenders - should give everyone a boost.

Anything less than four, then it''s groundhog year.

It has to be good, the fans must  get behind the team and the manager for the time being at least. It was apparently encouraging on saturday so 2 home wins and 6 points from 9 woulld be encouragiung. So lets get behind the boys. One point, i really hope the lucky? fan on the pitch singing on the ball city before kick off is scrapped this season. Personally i detest it.

I''ll be there (though I''m sitting in the in-fill, boo) and will give them my full backing.  Word on the street (and the grapevine, which is different, apparently) is that we played very well on Saturday and were unlucky not to win.  I''m never fussed about opening day fixtures, anyway! The season we went up, we drew 2-2 at Bradford, and don''t forget that Reading lost their opening game last year!

I think we need to revert to a 4-4-2 with McKenzie partnering Earnie and Croft starting on the right (Macca as sub).

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Why not come up and watch the match ? You might then be qualified to pass comment on our club.[/quote]

So you''re saying that those who don''t go to games are not qualified to pass judgement? Yeah whatever...

Pathetic.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

What exactly are you hoping for Sussex?  As if we didn''t know.

[/quote]

What a pathetic reply to a good question!

I hope the supporters give them their full backing. Fair enough if we don''t play well and just seem to be carrying on where we left off last season then I''d say people would have a right to be concerned. But as it sounded as if we''d made an improvement against Leeds (or at least there was very little Hoofball) so I would like to think those at Carrow Road tomorrow will give them a chance.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]It has to be good, the fans must  get behind the team and the manager for the time being at least. It was apparently encouraging on saturday so 2 home wins and 6 points from 9 woulld be encouragiung. So lets get behind the boys. One point, i really hope the lucky? fan on the pitch singing on the ball city before kick off is scrapped this season. Personally i detest it.[/quote]

Well said that man!

[quote user="komakino"]I can see many arguments between fans if things don''t go our way - However 6 points from the next two home games - which we should get if we are serious about being real contenders - should give everyone a boost. Anything less than four, then it''s groundhog year.[/quote]

Spot on!

Even as a WO - I wont be tolerating any negative stuff. Even if we play average and people start getting all up tight - they will do only damage to the cause as the KTF and neutrals (of which there are an awful lot) will turn against the campaign. Last season the WO had the sympathy of the neutrals and the backing of the wider public - that will not happen until we at least break the 5 game barrier - until then it''s full support.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Why not come up and watch the match ? You might then be qualified to pass comment on our club.[/quote]

So you''re saying that those who don''t go to games are not qualified to pass judgement? Yeah whatever...

Pathetic.

[/quote]

Actually they''re not as qualified to pass judgement, its like saying a film is good or bad without having seen it

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Likewise folk who mouth vacuous cliches such as " yeah, whatever "[/quote]

Well the seasons a game old and we''ve already got our first "I''m a better fan than you!!!!" thread.

So the fact that to attend a home game I''d need to take the day off work, drive 340 miles that''s seven hours in the car and 40 quid on petrol, then pay top whack for a ticket etc. etc. makes me less of a fan than those who walk across the Thorpe road at 5 to 3 does it?

You show a complete lack of understanding with that statement Ralph. Like SC is going to travel up from Sussex on a weekday for an evening match, getting back in the car circa 10pm for a three and a half hour drive home, possibly with enough time for a quick cuppa somewhere on the M25 before getting home, showered and changed and off to work Weds morning.

If you honestly understood what''s involved in the average exile attending even just a run of the mill League game or made some of the sacrifices we had to make??????????

Some of you moaned about the cost of season tickets but I''d get three Saturday matches in my season for the same amount of money...

What you also fail to comprehend is that (and I''m sure it''s not the odd one or two of us) we are expert at gleaning information from every source to make up the void of attending. We listen to radio commentaries (often not the radio Norfolk one), watch dodgy Latvian streams, read every post on the message boards, we are to be found Sundays and Mondays hovering in front of the papers in WH Smith reading every available match report, we speak to each other and actively track news down on the Internet, anything really just to find out what''s happening with our Club.

We may not see the play as often as some but we do get our information from a very diverse collection of sources and viewpoints so probably get a pretty well balanced view of affairs, some might say a more balanced view of those who only have their own opinion and that of the Local Press!

You show a complete lack of understanding with that statement Ralph. Like SC is going to travel up from Sussex on a weekday for an evening match, getting back in the car circa 10pm for a three and a half hour drive home, possibly with enough time for a quick cuppa somewhere on the M25 before getting home, showered and changed and off to work Weds morning.

Yeah, I am coming up from Brighton, with my mate from Worthing (both in Sussex by the way), picking my my up from Brentwood, going up to Carrow Road, and will be back by about 1am.  I will then be up by 6 to deal with my five kids and into work by 8 - like I do for virtually every game at home and a large number of away.  Problem?  Not for REAL supporters....

Ralph Wrong...........are you Ralph Wright''s alter-ego bright side?[:P]

RalphyDan Wright sits in the Director''s box........allegedly. [;)]

[quote user="Dicky"]

Yeah, I am coming up from Brighton, with my mate from Worthing (both in Sussex by the way), picking my my up from Brentwood, going up to Carrow Road, and will be back by about 1am.  I will then be up by 6 to deal with my five kids and into work by 8 - like I do for virtually every game at home and a large number of away.  Problem?  Not for REAL supporters....

[/quote]

PAH! That''s nothing! I have to rake the all Norfolk tourist beaches with a ''nit'' comb-before I go to watch the match. I must work harder - before I can receive the grand accolade of "Real Supporter!"

I applaud anyone who has to travel to Carrow Road from outside the outer ring road......Pure Hell!

You''re only a real supporter if a self appointed ''real supporter'' says that you are! Anything less- you''re just a binner! TRUE SUPPORT! ONWARD AND ACROSS A BIT! PRUNES WITH HAM-BITS ON! WHERE AM I? and other cliches an'' stuff![:|]

Oh dear morre silliness from the armchair brigade.

" If you honestly understood what''s involved in the average exile attending even just a run of the mill League game or made some of the sacrifices we had to make "

Who says I don''t ? You''ve no idea where I''ve lived and travelled or what my experiences of getting to Carrow Road are.

" only have their own opinion and that of the Local Press! "

Yes, not much of an opinion formed from watching the actual game is there ?

Sussexcanary has filled up this board with his endless posts attacking the club. Most would see a post suggesting that he might care to turn up for a game for once as a reasoned (and tongue in cheek) reply directed at him and him alone.

That you choose to take it personally is your choice, as is your need to hide behind a variation of my name.

As to the atmosphere I''m sure it will be fine, more so for not having the presence of one (or two) moaning miinnies.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

My, let us all bask in the presence of a ''REAL'' supporter...

Personally, I travel to every game from my private villa in the south of France. I start my journey at 10 the night before, travel up to Calais, then take a quick dip across the channel before drying myself off in Dover, ready to start my 200 mile hike to Carrow Road. So what does that make me, an ''UBER REAL SUPPORTER''?

Dicky I am amazed that you are old enough to be the father of five children. That kind of attitude usually belongs on the playground.

Will obviously try and treat this remark with the contempt its sheer arrogance deserves.

I don''t have to justify my support for this club to you Ralph or anyone else so go and take a hike!  I''m just a concerned EXCILED supporter thats all, who''s extremely concerned at the direction this football club is going. We have a very poor manager who can do no wrong in some peoples eyes....most of all our own board.  Its a very unhealthy state of affairs.

Enjoy the match tomorrow Ralph !

"We have a very poor manager who can do no wrong in some peoples eye "

No, we have a manager who can do no right in some people''s eyes. Maybe some of us a fed up with the constant whinging and whining that come from the same posters on this board who seem to want to turn any action into an attack upon our club.

If you don''t like the direction our club is taking then take a look a little closer to home (Brighton) and see what can happen to a club who would pursue the reckless stupidity that you are your ilk would have us do.

And yes I shall enjoy the game tomorrow. More so if the family of glory hunting moaners nearby have given up their season tickets as they said they would.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

My, let us all bask in the presence of a ''REAL'' supporter...

Personally, I travel to every game from my private villa in the south of France. I start my journey at 10 the night before, travel up to Calais, then take a quick dip across the channel before drying myself off in Dover, ready to start my 200 mile hike to Carrow Road. So what does that make me, an ''UBER REAL SUPPORTER''?

Dicky I am amazed that you are old enough to be the father of five children. That kind of attitude usually belongs on the playground.

No, you are absolutely right - the real supporters are those that can''t be bothered to even go to games, silly me.

[/quote]

I am a firm Worthy outer. However I will be cheering the team on because I want the team to do well. I think there is alot of potential in our squad. If worthy can get them motivated (cough) and fired up (cough) and playing the ball around like they did for a while at leeds consistantly, we will do well, simply beacause of the chanceswe made ! I have put alot of thought about whether to cheer the team on or continue to be reluctent to clap if we have a good passage of play and I personally want to cheer the team on because I think there are a number of quality players in the team, that if a certain few got their acts together, we could gain promotion or at least make the play offs ! I want to supposrt the club I love again and see them do well. However, realistically Worthy is still at the helm of the club I love when, he should  be gone. I will start protesting again if things go wrong, not because i am thickle and follow the crowd but  because last season angers me. He is lucky to still be in charge of norwich he doesn''t deserve much of a chance this season.

I would consider becoming a worthington fan if he; played the youth in the team, was honest and watches the same game as everyone else does, decided to suddenly have a thirst to bring creative players to the club, was sharper in the transfer window, dropped players when they are consistantly poor e.g Hughes, decided that Norwich were going to be a team that were more concerned about attacking football than "keeping it tight and trying to nick a goal on the break", got rid of the deadwood e.g Thorne and Fleming.

BUT SOMEHOW I DON''T SEE ANY  OF THE ABOVE  HAPPENING !

Boys, boys, and girls.

Stop this nonsesical playground behaviour. You''re making youselves look like the ''my dad''s harder than your''s brigade - yet another prime example of a total lack of empathy.

Fine if you want to disagree, but at least have some sort of respect from where each of you are coming from (I dont mean geographically!)

Put your energies into the game

[quote user="Dicky"]

No, you are absolutely right - the real supporters are those that can''t be bothered to even go to games, silly me.

[/quote]

Now thats an interesting statement. Not one I recall ever saying, but you believe what you will. I just find the whole ''real supporter'' arguement utter tosh. We are living in a free country and are able to comunicate our feelings on a variety of different subjects without censor. Yes, some people don''t have the iron will die-hard tenacity that you have, but just because they have a life away from football, or can''t get tickets because...shock horror...every week is a sell out doesn''t make them any less a supporter. To suggest otherwise is frankly preposterous and more in line with Nazi Germany than the UK in 2006.

If you want to start moaning about ''real'' fans, why not have a go at all the people who''ve suddenly started wearing Chelsea shirts, and live nowhere near Stamford Bridge.

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

Will obviously try and treat this remark with the contempt its sheer arrogance deserves.

I don''t have to justify my support for this club to you Ralph or anyone else so go and take a hike!  I''m just a concerned EXCILED supporter thats all, who''s extremely concerned at the direction this football club is going. We have a very poor manager who can do no wrong in some peoples eyes....most of all our own board.  Its a very unhealthy state of affairs.

Enjoy the match tomorrow Ralph !

[/quote]

well i''m a excilled season ticket holder from sussex and if you had bothered to answer my email to ya offering a meet and  lift a couple of seasons ago then just maybe i would have a bit more respect dude, i will be going with dicky for our first home game of the season and again on saturday so if you want to come to either of these games then send me a PM and i will gladly pick you up and take you home, tickets are STILL available for both games ao lets get it on

You, Dicky and me in a car together.  Interesting.  I don''t fancy thumbing a lift on the M25 - too many lorries !!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but i think your email was a bit before my time on here.  I only joined midway through last season.

Thanks for the offer though.