Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Andy Hughes is fit for Luton. Should he play ?

[quote user="EDP"]midfielder Andy Hughes is back in training and will be available for selection against Luton.[/quote]

Should he play against them though ? 

I think it would be a mistake to bring him into the team straight away, especially on the basis of Safri, Robinson, and Etuhu''s performances on Tuesday night.  It would be sensible to keep him on the bench, in the event of tiredness (3rd game in 8 days).

Oh, and if people in this thread could refrain from making references to horses'' feet, that might make a refreshing change.

Barring injuries we should stick to the same team, give or take a striker if we put 2 up front.

Croft looks to be making the right wing berth his own, and Safri, Etuhu

and Robinson are providing an impressive engine room in midfield.

I agree with everything said to date. When Andy Hughes next comes on to the pitch let''s remember he was recently being packaged with Dickson Etuhu & Carl Robinson as being a complete waste of space etc etc. Those two, with confidence growing, now seem to be proving the moaners wrong. Wouldn''t it be great, & good for the club/us if it could be 3 out of 3.

Who would you suggest he replaces? We just need to teach Croft to clap, I''d have thought, and leave the team as it is. 

No, I just don`t think he is a good enough player at this level to be regually playing in a team who hopes to challenge for promotion.

I don`t fault his effort and commitment to the club.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I agree with everything said to date.

When Andy Hughes next comes on to the pitch let''s remember he was

recently being packaged with Dickson Etuhu & Carl Robinson as being

a complete waste of space etc etc. Those two, with confidence growing,

now seem to be proving the moaners wrong. Wouldn''t it be great, &

good for the club/us if it could be 3 out of 3.[/quote]

I''ll drink to that, Yellow Shrimper! [B]

Doherty had a shocking season in the Prem, and looked like he''s more at

home in a Conference side.  He went on the become Player of the

Season last season.  I can actually see Etuhu doing this (and

what''s the betting Mr Rankin will be first in line to cast his vote,

saying how he knew all along he was a good player and that it was his

whinging made Etuhu pick up his game). [;)]

why make un-necessary changes to a team thats playin well? have hughes on the bench and throw him on incase the midfield starts to tire, other than that leaves things how they are

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]No, please no. His injury is one of the reasons we are playing so well.

Sorry Andy, full respect for your energy, but your passing is a shocking.[/quote]What rubbish.You''d have lumped Etuhu and Robinson in the same bracket a couple of weeks back.Any particular reason why Hughes shouldn''t have shown similar improvements since last season?

No, for the simple reason that you do not change a team that is playing well.  I personally think that Hughes can do a job for us this year IF the stupid fans who boo him shut up and let him get his confidence high. 

No one likes to slate players and if Andy Hughes was to prove me wrong then I would be delighted. The evidence that is infront of us would say that this is very unlikely to happen. The fans at Reading didn''t rate him. He leaves Reading and look at what happened. Last season i saw a player who needed to take 5 or 6 touches to control the ball. A player that was playing on the right of midfield and doesn''t possess a trick to beat a player.

When he was named in the team, and Mcveigh was left on the bench, just couldn''t understand it. Etuhu, i have always rated. Robinson started ok for us but faded badly as the season ended but he did show that he could do a steady job. The Doc was solid last season, so fair play he did prove us wrong. Andy Hughes I''m afraid was a very poor signing.

Saying that i would never boo a player. This is a message board for opinions, and this is mine. If he proves me wrong then fantastic.

I have always rated Robinson and thought that Etuhu would come good. I stand by my word. Hughes is terrible at passing. If he shows improvement I''ll welcome him back to the team with open arms. But I went to the Northampton game and he was exactly the same as last year.

[quote user="Dicky"]No, for the simple reason that you do not change a team that is playing well.  I personally think that Hughes can do a job for us this year IF the stupid fans who boo him shut up and let him get his confidence high. [/quote]

Have you ever been to a game at CR. Seriously no disrespect meant but he''s terrible. I''m sure he''s a nice guy and all that and I don''t condone the booing but as a footballer he''s not fit for this league.

There is no reason to even have him on the bench at the moment.  He should only be used if we have a major injury crisis in centre midfield.   He cannot play right midfield or at right back either so there is no point even considering him.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]No, for the simple reason that you do not change a team that is playing well.  I personally think that Hughes can do a job for us this year IF the stupid fans who boo him shut up and let him get his confidence high. [/quote] Have you ever been to a game at CR. Seriously no disrespect meant but he''s terrible. I''m sure he''s a nice guy and all that and I don''t condone the booing but as a footballer he''s not fit for this league.[/quote]

Please try and learn from our most recent experiences with Etuhu and Robinson. They also appeared to be terrible players last season. Just give the guy a chance. He''s not had the same opportunity as the other two yet. Judge him after he has played under the current format. Not before.

Threeblah this is nothing other than a provocative thread designed to wind up the defeated WO''ers and well you know it.

There is no argument for disrupting a winning team so why push boo boy Hughes forward for a few cheap shots.

Thought you knew better.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]No, please no. His injury is one of the reasons we are playing so well. Sorry Andy, full respect for your energy, but your passing is a shocking.[/quote]

What rubbish.
You''d have lumped Etuhu and Robinson in the same bracket a couple of weeks back.
Any particular reason why Hughes shouldn''t have shown similar improvements since last season?
[/quote]

to be honest Herb last season Etuhu looked unfit and not bothered but still looked to have some potential, robinson has had 3 promotions out of this division so must have something about him....Im just not sure with Hughes that theres anything else to give...all the work ethic in the world maybe but I''d lay money that with him in the team our passing would decline and possession would decrease

He left reading, suddenly they storm this division, he got injured last seaosn, we won 5 on the trot.  He gets injured now, suddenly we are playing the best football we have done in years (due to Martin Hunter).  Personally I would offer Hughes on a free to Ipswich with that kind of record.

As many said last season, the management setup was the weak link at carrow road.  Martin Hunter is proving that after only 2 games....

He certainly wont start as it has to be the same 11 but I am certain he will be on the bench if fit enough;  currently an injury to the middle 3 means a change in formation, having Hughes on the bench means the same formation can continue, probably at the expense of either Leon or Thorne.

Paul, it doesn''t matter how many times you say it, we still don''t believe you.

There are many factors as to why we are now playing better, so stop trying to justify the good football with nonsense.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]No, please no. His injury is one of the reasons we are playing so well.

Sorry Andy, full respect for your energy, but your passing is a shocking.[/quote]What rubbish.You''d have lumped Etuhu and Robinson in the same bracket a couple of weeks back.Any particular reason why Hughes shouldn''t have shown similar improvements since last season?[/quote]Because hes never shown any improvement, Etutu had very few games last season so its no wonder hes only now finally finding his feet, Carl robinson never looked as bad as hughes an average player at the time but never as poor as hughes was last season. Again hughes is a great guy but he was absolutly appauling last season and I see no reason to introduce him into a squad that is doing so well recently.

It would not make any sense in playing Andy Hughes. As many posters know I didn''t rate Hughes before he came to Norwich and has proved to be one of the worst signings in the history of our club when you consider fees, wages etc.

If we continue to be reletively injury free, it would be best if he either got sold or was forced out on loan. As he is one of the higher earners at the club, there is no point paying the wages for someone who has little future here.

If we had a injury or two, I would much prefer to see Spillane or Jarvis than Hughes, who has sadly let us down on too many occasions and personifed all too often what was wrong on the pitch last year.

It''s nothing personal against Hughes, it''s just that he isn''t good enough and that isn''t good for Norwich City.