KiwiScot

****Official Lappitup Match Thread - Leeds v Norwich****

9 minutes ago, Cathcart Canary said:

I do think it really is as simple as this: Leeds want it, we don't. The former have been giving absolutely everything to get the ball, on the few occasions it trespasses onto our feet we hoof it and hope for the best. 

I'm not sure about that, they don't seem particularly hungry yet although they seem to have lost most of their nervousness at 2-0, but they're just much better footballers man for man.

Choosing to start Sainz on the bench is looking like a really bad decision now, with how poor Barnes and Rowe have been, especially Rowe.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Can't believe how sleepy we've turned up for this. Pitched up with hopes whilst Leeds seem to know they're in a playoff semi final. Really such a shame.

Ever wondered what a manager has to do for a team to turn up to a play-off semi final like they couldn’t give a ****? I hope they film the dressing room masterclass and learn from it.

Edited by Robornio

We do ****ing realise we're losing thus right?? Looks like we're playing to keep the score down  

****ing go for it you tossers

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Was an own goal. 

Wtf does that matter: it counted as a goal. Jeez, what a strange argument. 

If we had another forward who knows where the goal is, we would not be relying on a 90% fit Sargent.

Posted (edited)

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be,
We'll be playing up Pompey,
Que sera, sera.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

I'm not sure about that, they don't seem particularly hungry yet although they seem to have lost most of their nervousness at 2-0, but they're just much better footballers man for man.

That's a fair point. I've probably done the classic fan error of thinking 'defensive= doesn't want to win'. Although in this case...

I've said many times this team have no backbone but this is a new level of cowardice. No bravery what so ever. Disgraceful performance. If Leeds want it, they could get double figures.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Leeds well up for it. We can't cope. Getting suffocated every time we have the ball. And Barnes looks like bambi on ice. Get Rowe off.

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Choosing to start Sainz on the bench is looking like a really bad decision now, with how poor Barnes and Rowe have been, especially Rowe.

It was a ridiculous decision when it was announced. Anyone with half a brain knew it. Sadly Wagner isn't in that camp.

Our entire attacking plan is humping massive balls forward. Genuinely embarrassing. 

Just now, A K Narey said:

If we had another forward who knows where the goal is, we would not be relying on a 90% fit Sargent.

He's just won the Scottish premiership 

• Like 1

Have our players forgot their studs? Never seen us fall over so much. 

Can anyone give me one tangible benefit Barnes gives to the team other than the nebulous 'he fires up everyone else' for which there is no evidence whatsoever 

Absolutely abject!! Players and coaching staff should be held totally accountable!!!!

I do think they are just way better than us. The gulf in quality is obvious and we don't have the skill or tactics to rise to it.

Just now, Keith Scott said:

I've said many times this team have no backbone but this is a new level of cowardice. No bravery what so ever. Disgraceful performance. If Leeds want it, they could get double figures.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

I have to say I agree with this statement 

Calling for a yellow card should be a certain yellow card - not adhered to. 

If Barnes is just going to let the game pass by, couldn’t he have just done it from the bench?

So when Rowe got booked for diving then, which was justified, why didn't the Leeds player get a card for waving an imaginary card?

Embarrassing from Rowe, but since when is having two hands on a players back not a foul? Leeds player was pushing Barnes into the ****ing floor.

Why does Rowe try to cheat in that situation, just so stupid. No football brain.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wtf does that matter: it counted as a goal. Jeez, what a strange argument. 

Okay for the sake of semantics none of David Wagners players have scored in the play off over what will be 5 games once this is concluded. 

It matters because its hardly filling me with confidence we will get back in this game given his track record of never having one of his own players score a goal on a night we need 2 to 3 goals. 

Just now, unique said:

If Barnes is just going to let the game pass by, couldn’t he have just done it from the bench?

Hopefully he can do it from someone else's bench next season