cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Blues V Canaries*

Posted (edited)

Feels anti climatic now, Hull losing so we're there now, no chance they get the unlikely swing they needed pre match.

Kind of lost interest in our game, in fact 6th might be better looking at Leeds lately 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Just now, Satriales said:

They said the person was stable, hopefully okay. 

We look awful, but kinda think we're in second gear. 

Thats good to hear, thanks for the update. Always scary. 

we are in second gear for sure, that’s my frustration. Always hate not going into playoffs in any sport with a good showing. 

Another poor away performance so far. A situation that Wagner has been unable to resolve for most of this season. One reason that I would not be unhappy to see Wagner replaced at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

So it's looking like Southampton then.

We'll need a better performance than we're seeing right now.

Getting away with it at the minute.

Even if Hull are losing, I still don't want us to finish the season with a defeat.

How **** is Duffy! Get the old duffer off put Sorensen at the back and bring on Rowe, how we haven’t conceded is beyond me!

• Haha 1

Just now, Indy said:

How **** is Duffy! Get the old duffer off put Sorensen at the back and bring on Rowe, how we haven’t conceded is beyond me!

Truly awful signing. Garbage player 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Owls go 2 up, be nice to relegate Brum and Norwich fans get home safely. 

Not sure Brum being related has much to do with us. Other teams winning and they've not put up much of a fight so far. 

These tactics and this performance, so typical under Wagner, is why I have little confidence for the playoffs. An awful half. Slow, pedestrian passing around the back, zero intent, just hitting long balls and then every ten minutes or so gifting the opposition a chance in our area due to p*ss poor marking.

we have a team that can win the playoffs but I have zero faith in the coach setting them up and allowing them to play in a way that will enable us to. 

• Like 6

Just now, Jim Smith said:

These tactics and this performance, so typical under Wagner, is why I have little confidence for the playoffs. An awful half. Slow, pedestrian passing around the back, zero intent, just hitting long balls and then every ten minutes or so gifting the opposition a chance in our area due to p*ss poor marking.

we have a team that can win the playoffs but I have zero faith in the coach setting them up and allowing them to play in a way that will enable us to. 

I do struggle a lot with the conservative approach. Feels like you let an inferior or opposition hang around all half and take advantage of transition to have the better chances. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Classic Wagner away performance 

I would prefer Leeds in the play-offs. They are always likely to slip up!

What a f’g lame performance…… and don’t say they’re selecting who they want in the playoffs…….

5 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Not sure Brum being related has much to do with us. Other teams winning and they've not put up much of a fight so far. 

Putting the final nail in the coffin then, wouldn’t want to related to them either. 

It doesn’t matter who we get in the playoffs, the only thing that matters is being in them.

Sorensen and Kenny together in midfield together just doesn't work, they're both so safe in their play compared to what Sara/Nunez will offer there. You can, and probably should, play one of them but as a pair it's just so stale. It also means that our 2 most creative players are seeing less of the ball.

To quote the friends theme song “it’s like your always stuck in second gear”

If Brum find out they are basically down they’ll get demoralised. We need to be careful to manage this game.

i would put SVH on might give him a confidence boost if we need him for games in Play offs 

I suppose we’re playing for a point, but we’ve been lucky to go in 0-0.

I don’t think it matters if it’s Leeds or Southampton tbh, we’re unlikely to beat either over two legs. 

Feel sick seeing the scenes at Ipswich.

Sooooo slow. P*ss around at the back, long ball, lose ball, oppo attack, oppo have a chance, scramble ball back. Repeat ad nauseam.