1 hour ago, daly said:

Anyone realise next Saturday Birmingham - on - Sea will not be on the beach

It’s a must win for them to stay up

Imagine Englands second largest City team playing at Morecambe, Grimsby etc

They’ve been bad, sure. But I’m not sure being relegated two divisions is how it works. Could be wrong though. 

I also remember Birmingham Grimsby being a fairly regular championship fixture in the 90s and 00s.

I shall watch that match tonight and note that McKenna has brought both Hirst and Burns straight into the starting line-up. The former has been out nearly as long as the Sarge was, and the latter nearly as long as Rowe was.

This tactic is clearly in direct contrast with Wagner's more cautionary approach to the long-term injured, and if it backfires could well impede their play-off chances.

I never wish a player injured, but a setback for both might be pleasing.

For me it's a question of whether you support your team or hate another team - which is stronger? No contest, you support your team.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Don’t want an Ipswich win, but really do not fancy us needing a result at Brum next week, it’s got Fulham last game of season written all over it.

Indeed....St Andrews can be intimidating when it needs to be, and it will be next week.

Our players could easily crumble...I dont fancy Wagner managing the situation either in response to what might be going on elsewhere in other games

Watching the binboys now and without a lot of new players they look like premier league cannon fodder!

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Both teams look worse than Swansea.

To be fair in that second half from the subs onwards there was definitely quite a bit of us making Swansea look good due to us being quite poor

10 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Watching the binboys now and without a lot of new players they look like premier league cannon fodder!

They'll be worse than Sheff Utd this season

Derby's lowest points total of 12 is in serious jeopardy

Good finish to be fair, 1-2

Really surprised at the amount of Norwich people I know quietly celebrating Ipswich going ahead. A draw will effectively confirm us in the playoffs whilst damaging Ipswich a bit. Strange day so far.

7 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Really surprised at the amount of Norwich people I know quietly celebrating Ipswich going ahead. A draw will effectively confirm us in the playoffs whilst damaging Ipswich a bit. Strange day so far.

Yeah, not least because whatever happens tonight we still need to win next week to get fifth place which looks like being quite an advantage. I'd actually be ok with a Hull win tonight. Draw obviously the best result. Cheering on the binners is just weird.

1 hour ago, jonnyace1 said:

A draw is fine. They would do amazingly well to make up the GD.  Ipswich can still finish 3rd. And hopefully we finish 5th and we both get to the final.

Why would anyone want them in the Final ?

• Like 1

Perfect given the circumstances. That lot will probably still go up, but such is life. Best result for Norwich.

• Like 1

Not complaining - barring a defeat for us with an 8-goal swing to Hull we are in the playoffs whatever else happens; if Cov can rediscover their home form the binners are still far from certain of 2nd. Not too bad. 

4 hours ago, daly said:

Instead of Eff off Ipswich I personally hope they stuff Hull

No.

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not complaining - barring a defeat for us with an 8-goal swing to Hull we are in the playoffs whatever else happens; if Cov can rediscover their home form the binners are still far from certain of 2nd. Not too bad. 

This was the ideal result. Slight damage to Ipswich and within a hairs breadth (and an 8 goal swing) of the playoffs for us. Lovely.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

No.

Can guarantee every member of staff and the squad at NCFC were rooting for Ipswich tonight,  all on here wanting Hull to win really are not true Norwich supporters just Ipswich haters.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, daly said:

Can guarantee every member of staff and the squad at NCFC were rooting for Ipswich tonight,  all on here wanting Hull to win really are not true Norwich supporters just Ipswich haters.

I was hoping for a draw.

So many teams play in an identical way nowadays. For Hull, I could have read NCFC for so much of yesterday’s game, and same with the Binners.

Playing it from the back often produces such a predictable pattern of passing it around in your own half, looking for a forward opening or a wider player to pinpoint.

The so-called "press" changed regularly between the two sides yesterday and in both games.

City can be amongst the best at it, I feel, but that also involves a fair share of misplaced passes and sacrificing this press.

Teams react to this by seemingly and readily moving almost the whole of the ten outfield players either backwards or forwards in unison.

It exhausts, leading to the necessity of the new subs ruling and so many goals scored in extra time.

In both games "weaponry" (Sara for City and Hutchinson for ITFC) proved decisive in breaking such a deadlock.

Sara, Saintz and Nunez (along with the Sarge) will be our greatest strengths in these tight-knit games as each can produce a goal from nothing.

• Like 1