cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread; Derby day*

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not for me, but I'd have to see it again.

Not a penalty, dived, we should of had a freekick in the lead up

Edited by Helsinki canary
  • Like 1

He bathed through the back of him. It was one of those where we would have complained were it not given the other way... But they did miss a blatant foul on macullum just before that

Very noisy here at CR.

May need another goal to win this.

• Like 1

It would have been weak as he went over way to easy but there was a shove, we’d have been baying for it up the other end

Just now, cornish sam said:

He bathed through the back of him. It was one of those where we would have complained were it not given the other way... But they did miss a blatant foul on macullum just before that

I think that might have factored in, you never know with officials but McCallum was definitely a foul and he let it go if he then gives a pretty soft penalty people would be baying for his blood.

Can see why Championship is his level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Very noisy here at CR.

May need another goal to win this.

Definitely will need another to win, atmosphere seems fantastic though

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

It would have been weak as he went over way to easy but there was a shove, we’d have been baying for it up the other end

It was one of those that wouldn’t ever be given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch. Even Chambers has just said on Sky he felt contact in the box and went down.

Just seen the pen shout again absolutely not a chance that's a penalty in a million years. Not all contact is a foul. However slightly lucky I suppose aa the ref has literally been giving everything 

That pen gets given if you're away to Chelsea or Man Utd or if someone like Hooper is reffing but it wasn't really a foul their player just stops dead, forces the contact then falls over. Plus they should have had a player sent of for bringing down Sargent so if you want to say it's borderline then we're even. 

Not many chances so far but there's more goals in this and it's not over yet but we're doing well. Lots of poor final balls and misplaced passes but that's top be expected in a game like this. I just hope we don't sit back and invite them on second half, we need to keep the pressure up and try to score again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

It was one of those that wouldn’t ever be given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch. Even Chambers has just said on Sky he felt contact in the box and went down.

I don’t disagree, but you know you’ve seen plenty like that given.

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Aaaand breath, brilliant first half display, couple of things if that's a foul by Tuanzabe then surely a red too? And can those of you here signing 14 years still please realise it's 15 now 😁

In 13 days time

• Haha 1

I have a bad feeling about this ref. Ipswich fouled and fouled and ended up with just one yellow. One of our players fouls and this ref will give him a red once we get later into the match. He seems very poor.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I think the ref was playing advantage for the foul on Sam.

Found a pub in Ghent to watch the game. Enjoying a nice Belgian beer with the game so far. 

Was in front of the Ipswich penalty decision, never in a million years. Too far to see whether Tuanzebe should have walked, looked like Josh was heading away from goal.

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

That pen gets given if you're away to Chelsea or Man Utd or if someone like Hooper is reffing but it wasn't really a foul their player just stops dead, forces the contact then falls over. Plus they should have had a player sent of for bringing down Sargent so if you want to say it's borderline then we're even. 

Not many chances so far but there's more goals in this and it's not over yet but we're doing well. Lots of poor final balls and misplaced passes but that's top be expected in a game like this. I just hope we don't sit back and invite them on second half, we need to keep the pressure up and try to score again

That's a very common tactic I've noticed nowadays. Usually works in innocuous situations but very few refs will give a penalty for it.

Wagner better not try and sit on this for the whole second half

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can we give Nunez credit for how calm he was? I mean yeah we all love it when players go nuts during a derby but man, Nunez being cold as ice both in the freekick and the celebration.. And given how big of an occasion this is its good to see him keeping things calm and not going too crazy

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Ipswich are poor. Can't believe they are 2nd. Wagner better not **** this up.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Give credit to the Ipswich management, I like the way he had them out doing some drills before we came out then, we could learn from that...

1 minute ago, Keith Scott said:

Ipswich are poor. Can't believe they are 2nd. Wagner better not **** this up.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Unusual to see you here when we’re winning Keith?

9 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I have a bad feeling about this ref. Ipswich fouled and fouled and ended up with just one yellow. One of our players fouls and this ref will give him a red once we get later into the match. He seems very poor.

Don't think any of the fouls have been worth a yellow-apart from the one on Josh-but Morsy must be close just on the number of fouls. 

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Don't think any of the fouls have been worth a yellow-apart from the one on Josh-but Morsy must be close just on the number of fouls. 

The two on josh, there was also the one in the first 10 minutes that didn't even get a foul...

Barnes is shot. Need some fresh legs on for him.