Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Wagner says " we looked solid and organised.."

Well, we shipped less goals than away at Plymouth, so the bar is low as to what standard he thinks is solid. But we sure as hell didn’t come close to winning or drawing over the full 90mins. 

He better take the game to Ipswich. If he asks the team to play like that on Saturday there will be hell to pay. 

Posted (edited)

Southgate-esque in his desire to concede the game to the opposition. They were fragile despite some tidy play. Should have pushed on for the 2nd. By far the weakest area of the team is defence so why invite trouble?

Edited by Canario
Esque rather than escuela!
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh dear.

I would perhaps agree with that, trouble was when we had the ball we were careless with it numerous times, Duffy at least twice, Sara and a couple more.

• Like 1

For a lot of the game we were fairly well organised. Sitting behind the ball for 90 minutes was never going to end well against that quality of opposition though. 

Thankfully the rest of our run in is pretty easy.

• Like 2

To be fair we kept our shape all game. Don't go over the halfway line or stop the crosses coming in.

And that’s why he should be gone regardless of getting in the play offs or not. He’s clueless 🙈

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Thankfully the rest of our run in is pretty easy.

Have you forgotten about the Scum game next Saturday and you cannot seriously think a repeat of the negative tactics like we saw today will get us through potentially three play off games and into the PL ?

We were as solid as my bowel evacuations were this morning after my last nights consumption of a chilli masala and gallon of Kingfisher.....

Sounded like a flock o' seagulls....an' freckles on the pan....

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh dear.

Explains why he should have gone to Specsavers and why he sat back and made no changes until we were no longer looked solid or organised. Blindly obvious we were getting over run and did nothing. Would respect him much more if he owned his poor tactics.

Edited by Kingston Yellow

Normally after a game is over, I calm down, stop ranting, put things into context, and know what I feel. Today I have no idea. I don't want to trash Wagner because he's overseen a great run that means our season still has some interest. But at the same time today's set-up and subsequent performance seemed so craven that it's hard to feel supportive of him. I know Leicester have an overall level of player which is way above ours (although I think we have three or four players who could easily fit into their squad), but Bristol City, whose squad is probably inferior to ours, managed to really challenge them, so why did we just roll over and surrender?

The same against Ipswich and Wagner is toast IMO.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have you forgotten about the Scum game next Saturday and you cannot seriously think a repeat of the negative tactics like we saw today will get us through potentially three play off games and into the PL ?

Yeah, that Leicester squad are miles better than the scum and we're at home. We clearly set up to keep them out and hopefully nick a goal but we haven't been doing that against weaker opposition.  

We're in good form and 1 match away at Leicester won't dampen the players' spirits I'm sure.

• Like 1

I would hate to see us when we are not solid and disorganised.

One minute of brilliance and 90+ minutes of being totally outplayed.

• Like 3

This is why I can't get behind him long term, tactically he's just a Yank Southgate,  totally gutless against teams slightly better than us. 

• Like 2

The posts on here are disingenuous to say the least. Wagner also said he was not happy or satisfied, & disappointed with our overall levels of performance. His feelings today seem to be vastly different to those after the So'ton game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Kenny pretty honest in this interview.

https://x.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1774804123113721906?s=20

Not much more to say Kenny. Very good honest assessment. Say it like it was. SPOT ON Kenny. It's life, we were awful , but this can happen. Next week the biggest test. 

Edited by Mengo

8 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Not much more to say Kenny. Very good honest assessment. Say it like it was. SPOT ON Kenny. It's life, we were awful , but this can happen. Next week the biggest test. 

He was awful today. I think Wagner had a go at him, so he had no choice but to say what he did. Today, Kenny was everything that I said should mean he should not be a regular starter. Unless he starts as a LCB.

Hope those who have names him POTS are still happy with their choice.

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I would perhaps agree with that, trouble was when we had the ball we were careless with it numerous times, Duffy at least twice, Sara and a couple more.

Gibson for the second goal

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

He was awful today. I think Wagner had a go at him, so he had no choice but to say what he did. Today, Kenny was everything that I said should mean he should not be a regular starter. Unless he starts as a LCB.

Hope those who have names him POTS are still happy with their choice.

Agree Shef, but I would add  he was as shììť as everybody else around him.  POTS , it certainly was a very potty day. I'm struggling to think of one good player on the park today. WE as a collective,  completely  bottled it. My honest opinion, why????????

• Like 1

We've had one of the best defenses in the league over the last 20-25 games. Genuinely surprised so many of you lot are ****ting the bed over a match away at Leicester.

• Like 2

The set piece coach seems to have been a success I wonder if there’s a what to do when you go in the lead coach out there?

Just now, Mengo said:

WE as a collective,  completely  bottled it. My honest opinion, why????????

Easy. David Wagner and his negative tactical approach.

20 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

The posts on here are disingenuous to say the least. Wagner also said he was not happy or satisfied, & disappointed with our overall levels of performance. His feelings today seem to be vastly different to those after the So'ton game.

So why didn’t he do anything to change it?

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Easy. David Wagner and his negative tactical approach.

Yep , it is easy , so why does he do it. You cannot win games like that, impossible or I've got the answer .it was definitely  an April fools day in Brazil , for sure. 😡🎯

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh dear.

I think you have to take all of Paddy's tweets together from his interview of DW rather than just one in isolation, otherwise you aren't going to get the required context.

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

We've had one of the best defenses in the league over the last 20-25 games. Genuinely surprised so many of you lot are ****ting the bed over a match away at Leicester.

Over the last 40 games there are only 7 teams with more goals conceded than us and 5 of them are the bottom 5 teams.

As far as I'm aware, all games played count in the final reckoning.

If we setup like that against Ipswich we’ll lose. And if we lose and don’t have a go Wagner may as well pack his bags now.