Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Foxes v Canaries*

I really don’t understand why we parked the bus! And failed at it! Really odd tactics today! 

• Like 1

TBH, it's probably the best result for us longer term. I wouldn't want to face Leeds or Leicester in the playoffs. This may also damage Ipswich

• Like 1

Warning signs were there Friday against Plymouth.. certain players were flagging then but naming an unchanged starting 11 seems a little bit deluded. 

• Like 1

I’m afraid today has been an example of why I’ve slated Wagner so much on here this season. We’ve lost comfortably without even trying to win. 
We may have always lost to Leicester, but I’d rather we’d have lost having actually tried to take the game to them. 

• Like 2

Today highlights our main weekness - mentality. We don’t have enough big hearts in our squad that enjoy the occasions when you have to dig in and force things to happenZ

Game was lost the moment Sørensen went off.

When we can't play out from the back, we can't play. Full stop.

Woeful today after a really good run. We psychologically lost before we kicked a ball by giving them too much respect and trying to defend all match. 

We've done our bit. Over to you, Danny, Russ & Soton, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Woeful today after a really good run. 

Great to see you back.

• Haha 1

We may not have to worry being in the top 6 , if we play like we did today

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Payno10 said:

I really don’t understand why we parked the bus! And failed at it! Really odd tactics today! 

I can understand why we failed at it, our back four are shi@e.

• Like 1

Just now, Channon’s Windmill said:

I can understand why we failed at it, our back four are shi@e.

Been about four seasons in a row we have failed to strengthen the backline. Maybe longer.

Good thing we don't have a championship player of the season who's a centreback sat on the bench.

Poor performance, no getting away from it. Tried to low-block as soon as we scored, let them play where they wanted.

As good as the points return has been recently, you always feel we have this sort of thing in us. No taking away from Leicester being a team that *should* get the title at a canter- they did not have to work for this though. Disappointing. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Woeful from manger and players  total no show .. how can he not bring more subs on try something different???  No plan B yet again Just stood there smiling doing nothing .. so angry total and utter inept performance from manger and players .. only a win next sat can make up for that ****e .. 

Edited by Wirecanary

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

TBH, it's probably the best result for us longer term. I wouldn't want to face Leeds or Leicester in the playoffs. This may also damage Ipswich

Coventry back to 4 points behind with 2 games in hand - we needed a draw today minimum. If we play like that the rest of the season you can kiss the playoffs goodbye…

• Like 3

We looked tired in second half and Leicester were miles better than us simples

Butler- radio Norfolk -now stated it was one of the worst 2 half games he seen for long while- time for Wagner to leave

Changes were needed at h/t but Wagner did nothing. Nothing.

We regroup and go again but Ipswich is a must not lose or we can forget the play-offs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, baldy09 said:

Butler- radio Norfolk -now stated it was one of the worst 2 half games he seen for long while- time for Wagner to leave

Love how we can go 10 at home without losing and then we lose one match away from home to the best team in the divison and it's PANIC SACK THE MANAGER SACK THE BOARD WAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

If the Foxes had fielded 11 half eaten Melton Mowbray pork pies against us, we'd still come away with nothing....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Changes were needed at h/t but Wagner did nothing. Nothing.

We regroup and go again but Ipswich is a must not lose or we can forget the play-offs.

Relax. We never lose to ipswich.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Love how we can go 10 at home without losing and then we lose a match to the best team in the divison and it's PANIC SACK THE MANAGER SACK THE BOARD WAAAAAAAAAAAA

That’s your weird interpretation. The rest of us are questioning why he’s not actually had a go at trying to win the game. That’s it.  

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Love how we can go 10 at home without losing and then we lose one match away from home to the best team in the divison and it's PANIC SACK THE MANAGER SACK THE BOARD WAAAAAAAAAAAA

I mean, you started a thread about our shìt tactics before the game had even finished,  but sure.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GRB2 said:

Warning signs were there Friday against Plymouth.. certain players were flagging then but naming an unchanged starting 11 seems a little bit deluded. 

There’s few options, team pretty much picks itself.

The gulf in strength between the two squads today was absolutely massive.

Leicester bringing on players like Vardy and Justin while we had Gibbs and Fassnacht.

Iheanacho and Coady sitting on the bench.

Most of their bench would walk into our best 11 is the reality.

Edited by Monty13

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

I mean, you started a thread about our shìt tactics before the game had even finished,  but sure.

Yeah, our tactics were **** but I was not wetting my pants calling for the manager to be sacked was I? Bit of a difference ya silly sausage

• Like 2