Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Will be half empty in the Championship 

I suspect the blue half of Liverpool will give filling it a good try, firstly to experience it and seeing it for themselves, after all the aggro and then when they, inevitably, romp the Chumps, further points deductions or not.

As much as I am behind Luton this season, surely it is in our own best interests not to up be against the Toffees next season should we fail in our current efforts?

Edited by BroadstairsR

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

I suspect the blue half of Liverpool will give filling it a good try, firstly to experience it and seeing it for themselves, after all the aggro and then when they, inevitably, romp the Chumps, further points deductions or not.

As much as I am behind Luton this season, surely it is in our own best interests not to up be against the Toffees next season should we fail in our current efforts?

When Leeds went down with huge debts in 2004 it took them 13 years to get back again. 

And look at Ipswich. A huge club with an extraordinary history. How long has it taken them? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

King Power, Stadium MK... many look fairly similar due to the requirements of things like health and safety so access to escape routes for seats and ratios of things like routes, and toilets, per person in the capacity of the stadium etc. If you want more characterful, it probably requires a bit more money to an architect to be creative with designs. Something that comes with a fee and will likely slow the build. 

It's a decent new stadium. The distinctive exterior design gives it quite a bit of character.

I'm sure they're also hoping it will lead to more investment in the local area.

Wonder what unique way they will fill your £8 pint there, will it be from the bottom, from the side, or wirelessly transmitted?

23 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Really nice looking stadium and position is unique and adds character. Can't imagine easy to get to, although I'm sure transport connectivity has been considered.

It’s further away from the city centre that I had realised, about a 50 minute walk from Lime Street station according to Google. The route would take you through the city centre, passing by the Albert Dock, Tate Museum and Pier Head, so plenty to see and do on the way. Loads of good pubs (a lot less than £8 a pint!) and restaurants too.

God I hope they go down. Horrible, entitled club who have been wasting a place in the Premier League for years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Really nice looking stadium and position is unique and adds character. Can't imagine easy to get to, although I'm sure transport connectivity has been considered.

It's actually closer to their "metro" system station than Goodison. And as it is closer to that line, consideration for a Bramley Moor Dock station is on the agenda. Also closer in walking terms to the City Centre by a good mile as well. 

I've been watching Mr Drone's regular video updates on the build on YouTube (I'm a bit of a stadium nerd, Simon Ingle and his books are like the bible to me). Here's his latest one:

NEW Everton FC Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock. A Full FlyAround on 15.3.24. Extra Close Shots!! (youtube.com) 

Edited by shefcanary

I've just read on my Google home page that the firm responsible for the cladding of the outside of the roof has gone bust. Given the unique nature of the cladding it might be a major problem for them.

Would people like a new ground? How about a 35k MK Dons style stadium?

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

God I hope they go down. Horrible, entitled club who have been wasting a place in the Premier League for years.

That escalated etc

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've just read on my Google home page that the firm responsible for the cladding of the outside of the roof has gone bust. Given the unique nature of the cladding it might be a major problem for them.

Are you in the construction business? They’re the only websites that have mentioned this so far!

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

Are you in the construction business? They’re the only websites that have mentioned this so far!

No, but I guess Google has picked up my interest in stadium construction and Everton's new stadium in particular. Strange world. #modernlifeisrubbish

52 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

That escalated etc

It's been building over the years, just had to let it out. 😉 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It's been building over the years, just had to let it out. 😉 

Boom boom!

Bob (N. Lim) the Builder’s on fire tonight😛 

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wow it's.. The King Power? 

You’re on one at the moment aren’t you lol 

it looks nothing like the king power other than the seats of course 

• Like 1

..... they're going to struggle to fill it playing Rotherham and Millwall on a wet Tuesday in February......

On 19/03/2024 at 09:47, BroadstairsR said:

Nah **** it, about time those cheats got relegated.