Sign in to follow this  
BicesterCanary

Moaned at for chanting

23 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You carry on being loud mate, we do have far too many quiet fans at games for my liking being totally honest. 

Will do! and we had a great time. Met some legends in the away pub before and one of my fav away days 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Had not put that together until now. Good shout. 

Doesn’t quite work for me, unless he is deliberately manipulating his language to come across as someone else.

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Doesn’t quite work for me, unless he is deliberately manipulating his language to come across as someone else.

He gave it away for me when he made a fuss about someone using the word “issues” in the wrong context. Something Bill was forever doing.

I was told to Shush by some old fogey at the Rotherham game at the start of the season. I am really quiet during games tbh.  Slightly off topic, at the game today some tattooed fella asking any player for his shirt was embarrassing even a perplexed George Long!!   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Another poster pointed it out a month or two ago, and since then I've kept an eye it, and there are enough similarities to leave no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

There's been a few clues, but as you say these multi users will try and make each of their characters slightly different 

3 hours ago, Ian said:

Wagner's doing great now though isn't he?

And that useless player from the German second division ( Sainz I think he’s called) isn’t doing badly either!

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

There's been a few clues, but as you say these multi users will try and make each of their characters slightly different 

Bill ‘retired’ a couple of months after his new identity was created.

5 hours ago, BicesterCanary said:

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced what our group gets when we are chanting. A glare behind from the older fan base is almost guaranteed. Today we were confronted for singing. Is this experienced by others? Any people who hate chanters care to share why? Never had this with younger fans but a portion of the older generation seem to hate it

Don't make too much noise - 3pm is around nap time, the oldies like a snooze. You're lucky they didn't call noise control ! 

10 hours ago, Badger said:

I can't recall ever having ever being criticised for chanting nor seen any others criticised for doing so. Are you sure that either you or your mates were not being obnoxious in any way?

Happened to me and my mates loads at CR. Basically anywhere outside the Barclay and Snakepit. I firmly believe that this is the main reason behind the tame atmosphere at CR as the vast majority will conform to the norms of the people around them. 

12 hours ago, RobJames said:

Gosh, that must be intimidating. Perhaps you could find a safe space, or explain why you can see someone standing behind or bother to look, if they are only 'glaring'.

My ex wife could kill a man at 100 metres just by glaring at him

I loved the "winaway" chant yesterday. Not heard that before - genius.

However, not chanting but I did see a lady get upset at a group who were bouncing, barging and pushing people around them. That was at qpr but I've seen similar before that. That behaviour was not good

Why? Because the twa.s keep sing ing OTBC, wrongly, at least 10 times a game plus the same old songs, it's embarrassing. Most of them are cabbage!

Learn the words of our anthem first, then maybe sing it start of game and beginning of 2nd half

10 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Ehhhhhhhhhh lol

As with Farke, I think the laughs are on you at the moment buhooo. Do the hounrable thing and get that season ticket you claim to have been given back.

45 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

Why? Because the twa.s keep sing ing OTBC, wrongly, at least 10 times a game plus the same old songs, it's embarrassing. Most of them are cabbage!

Learn the words of our anthem first, then maybe sing it start of game and beginning of 2nd half

Scrimmage.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

As with Farke, I think the laughs are on you at the moment buhooo. Do the hounrable thing and get that season ticket you claim to have been given back.

Should I give it to you so you can have a season ticket and still not go?

15 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I didn’t moan, although I did point out to the woman next to me that the new song-to the tune of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Everywhere’-was the most tuneless song I’d ever heard 🤣

Somebody said that to me. Were you next to me? 😄

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Should I give it to you so you can have a season ticket and still not go?

lol 350 round mile trip for me and my family and unlike you don’t have pretend season tickets or away memberships. Have to confess though much to Essex’s disappointment we don’t always travel down for midweek games. 
Always find it interesting though when we get home around 10pm to see what you have been posting from your armchair during the game.

Since I was 4 ( 60 years ago ) I have not missed many home games and usually do 7 - 10 away games a year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Somebody said that to me. Were you next to me? 😄

Did you miss our first goal cos you went to the loo? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Did you miss our first goal cos you went to the loo? 

Certainly not!

Maybe everyone said that to their neighbour as it was true!

Edited by Kathy

3 hours ago, debbie does norwich said:

However, not chanting but I did see a lady get upset at a group who were bouncing, barging and pushing people around them. That was at qpr but I've seen similar before that. That behaviour was not good

Not heard it for a while, the first few times it was sung people some people were moaning on here that it was embarrassing-can’t remember why, I think it might have been because it was perceived as a gay song.

3 hours ago, debbie does norwich said:

Embarrassingly I’ve only just realised the pun.

13 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Not heard it for a while, the first few times it was sung people some people were moaning on here that it was embarrassing-can’t remember why, I think it might have been because it was perceived as a gay song.

I’ve found the thread-it was back in 2015. Embarrassingly I have realised that I posted on it under another name-I wonder if anyone can work out which one? Classic @hogesar comment there too 🤣

14 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve found the thread-it was back in 2015. Embarrassingly I have realised that I posted on it under another name-I wonder if anyone can work out which one? Classic @hogesar comment there too 🤣

I'm not even going to look. 😭

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Oooh, you could use the f word unfiltered back then 😃