KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Stoke V Norwich****

2 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

This is a far cry from the Shawcross and Huth days for Stoke, good lord their defense looks absolutely shambolic.

They look like a team who are not remotely comfortable with the formation their manager wants to play.

2 hours ago, norwich canary said:

Harvester near the stoke ground . Putting the carra to shame 

IMG_1499.jpeg

I quite like a Harvester, but what the actual **** is that slop???

• Haha 2

Perfect half, winning, 2 goals, we've finally found a team more shambolic defensively than us and Ben Pearson injured. 👍

Need to go for the jugular 2nd half,  Stoke are woeful. 

Only negative is we should be out of sight.

Our midfield have been outstanding although Sargent Barnes, the latter particularly, not quite clicking.

Played, boys.

I'm not a master tactician, but I don't think Stoke's high defensive line is working very well.

Hope we don't just try and sit on this lead - it's not our strength. Three points absolutely there for the taking today: let's go and do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Played, boys.

I'm not a master tactician, but I don't think Stoke's high defensive line is working very well.

Hope we don't just try and sit on this lead - it's not our strength. Three points absolutely there for the taking today: let's go and do it.

Smash em. Sainz & Barnes need a goal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd argued on here before that giving him a more attacking role didn't have to mean playing him as a number 10. It is very simple to put your best attacking player in a position where he can he more involved in attacks and less in defence. Glad it has happened even if it took injuries to get there.

Yup, looks like exactly the right sweet-spot of getting him further forward/less involved defensively but also allowing him to break from deep and arrive late in the box. His goal was a classic example of that. Again, need to see it more against the better sides, but it looks a way better position for him than the ten.

• Like 1

What a tremendous half of football we played just now, really taking Stoke to the cleaners, I just love seeing the amount of bodies getting forward when we hit them on the break.

It also shows how the Middlesborough game could have gone if that sham of a red didn't get given.

We should be over the horizon and out of sight.Old cliche,but the next goal is crucial. We get it,and it could be five again. Stoke score,and the Norwich nerves could kick in.🔰🔰🔰🔰🔰

Stoke's weaknesses are playing to our strengths, but we're flippin' good.

Perhaps lacking some 'headability' in the centre of defence. Where's Batth ? How long before Duffy is up and running?

Posted (edited)

If this team's galvanised by Wagner's family emergency then one thing was always clear - they were always playing for him and trying their best. Slowly but surely, it looks like things are clicking - and at precisely the right time.

Meanwhile, it's still "all the S's" on the scoring/assists again. Stacey or Sara to set up Sörensen next, perhaps? 😁

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Stoke's weaknesses are playing to our strengths, but we're flippin' good.

Perhaps lacking some 'headability' in the centre of defence. Where's Batth ? How long before Duffy is up and running?

Batth not back until after the International break per the presser. But that is next match?

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Batth not back until after the International break per the presser. But that is next match?

Batth's on the bench, I think you mean Duffy.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

He's on the bench is he not?

Just now, shefcanary said:

Mea culpa yes meant Duffy! Distracted by that Campbell offside.

Plea for "Mercy" noted, you are no longer a "Stepping Stone". 😉