KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Stoke V Norwich****

Posted (edited)

On the road to Stoke today hoping that because it's the business end of the season that our away form improves. Feels like we are in a good place and the run in looks doinable so pick up some points away from home and we are play-off bound. Stoke have a similar home & away form and at home they have Won 6, Drew 4 and lost 8 with goals 14/21. It's pretty much a nothing season for them so far. Now Stoke Ramblers as were fouders of the football league and are the second oldest professional football club in the world. After becoming Stoke City they won the league cup in 1972 and more recently had a 10 season stint in the premier league. It can be done.

Pic.thumb.jpg.cab9ce1f09f6c742e17f97f5512632f3.jpg

Local Food -The Staffordshire oatcake is a kind of savoury pancake made from oatmeal, flour and yeast.

Pubs - *Warning* My info here can be outdated or incomplete, From a oct 2023 fan report
            There is little in the way of pubs near the ground or within a 15 minute walk, there is a Holiday Inn and Harvester pub next to the Stadium,  and although they do let away fans in they can get very busy so your best getting there early or face being turned away. Further on the industrial park there is a "Power league" complex, presumably some sort of indoor football/bowling place and that has a bar.

For those going by Train, The Terrace Bar on Leek Road near the station(5mins) is the designated away fans pub for those going by train, the shuttle bus's that run from the station also stop outside the pub.

The Fenton Bowling Club which is about a 20 minute walk and is just the other side of the A50.This is a small club but is very welcoming with a decent range of beer and limited food.

Pay at the Gate - Not available

News - Wagner missing from the match build up due a family matter back in Germany. I believe he will be here for the match. Malcolm Lucas has passed away, Giannoulis(Out,Hamstring, End of April),Hernandez(Out,Foot),Webber maybe to Stoke,23/24 Memberships   no longer available to buy, Fan forum on Tuesday, Wagner - "Gabby played in a wider position because we are not blessed with numbers and he did it well" Winners! - The Invinicibles of Norwich Cerebal Palsy Football team have secured the league title undefeated.

Winners.jpg.0f4a8a4e56b0a33cdb7d4f0896a63161.jpg

Preview - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/stoke-city/preview/preview-stoke-vs-norwich-prediction-team-news-lineups_538908.html

Other Teams Match Thread - https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/312394/stoke-city-norwich

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Terrace on Leek Road is a decent little student pub (Staffs Uni is opposite). A fair walk to the ground from there however. 

11 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Terrace on Leek Road is a decent little student pub (Staffs Uni is opposite). A fair walk to the ground from there however. 

Last season I went to the Gardens retreat. Nice beer, no food. It's the other side of the a500

Coventry are playing in the Cup today and Hull have the weekend off. Important we get at least a draw really.

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Coventry are playing in the Cup today and Hull have the weekend off. Important we get at least a draw really.

I’d go as far as say it’s a ‘must win’. A draw won’t be good enough. 

• Like 1

I said before the Boro game that it was a test of how much our players really wanted and believed we could get a playoff spot...and then Madley intervened and ruined that (seemingly unpunished).

However for the first 30 mins , it looked as though the penny had dropped away from home and the focus was there as we looked in complete control.

We need to start like that again here, it really has to be a win against a side toward the bottom.

Somewhere, we are going to have to pull an away win or two out of the bag and I dont see too many away from home left on the fixture list more favourable than this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, astro said:

aren't all our final 9 games 'must win' ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, astro said:

True.

I've just had a look at ITFC's fixture list and they are playing their last two fixtures of the saeson at Hull and Coventy.

I just hope that we're're not forced into the position of wanting that lot to win.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

Just now, RobJames said:

aren't all our final 9 games 'must win' ?

Probably six of them are must win, which would get us to a minimum of 76 points. The problem is we don't know which six.

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

True.

I've just had a look at ITFC's fixture list and they are playing their last two fixtures of the saeson at Hull and Coventy.

I just hope that we're're not forced into the position of wanting that lot to win.

No.

They have Hudders at the Loo last game. Similar applies though.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Probably six of them are must win, which would get us to a minimum of 76 points. The problem is we don't know which six.

Hence they are all 'must win'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

True.

"April for the binners has (among 3 others) S'oton, Hull, Coventry, us and Boro (for good measure) - however, they do have an awesome record against clubs in the top six, 1 win in 7 😄

I expect Hull & Coventry will drop enough points in other games v top six clubs

4 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

Harvester near the stoke ground . Putting the carra to shame 

IMG_1499.jpeg

When are they going to cook those chips? 

• Haha 4

Gosh, what a lot of chips, about one for every  three (?) years of your life. Mind you frozen chips are expensive - that lt must have cost all of 4p at wholesale prices. Lord knows what the other 'objects' are 😲

54 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

Harvester near the stoke ground . Putting the carra to shame 

IMG_1499.jpeg

Those chips look paler than Josef Fritzl's kids!

• Haha 1

Looking forward to another chance to see Sara on the right again against better opposition.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Unchanged starting 11? Can't complain.

Not looking forward to Pearson winding up Sainz..

Me too and I'm hoping that Minder Barnes does his job, without being sent off himself though.