KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Rotherham***

Sainz really put a complete performance today. Is this the best he's played for us?

• Like 5

Just now, mrD66M said:

Sainz really put a complete performance today. Is this the best he's played for us?

Difficult to say given the poverty of the opposition, but he's a very special player. Lovely to watch him today.

• Like 2

Just now, mrD66M said:

I was just thinking something similar. He keeps getting better the more we see of him. 

And if he hadn’t been sent off at Middlesbrough, we could be level on points with 5th place.

Not just a great attacking performance but we have restricted Rotherham to not have one shot! Is that some kind of record?

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I was just thinking something similar. He keeps getting better the more we see of him. 

Much less fiery today too don't think he moaned or complained once when the ref blew the whistle for a foul

• Like 1

Well done boys. After the catalogue of disasters of Wednesday night that was a day when pretty much everything went right. Really good performance, game put to bed nice and early, rests for Kenny and Sarge. Only the non-reappearance of Gibson at h/t a concern.

Well done City. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.👏👍

Posted (edited)

Good win for Coventry today, still very much in the conversation for the interesting positions

Edited by Robert N. LiM

Sainz is the real deal (despite the questions about his temperament). We have to do everything we can to keep him and Sara for another season if we don't go up.

Not lost at home since November. Terrific record. 

The main concern is striking options from the bench. Being brutally honest, Aboh looks to have more about him than Sydney.

• Like 3

Great to see us putting a team to the sword which has been due for a while..

TBF if not for the ref the Boro game was looking like they’d also be on the rack and we’d be 5th.

But hopefully things are coming together at the right time.

Well that was far more enjoyable than Wednesday night 😃, into the playoffs we go 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why is this place so slow when we win?

Maybe folk are out celebrating a bit, rather than being sat in front of a keyboard?  

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Binners really are a mentally weak club, Buh was right.

Little Keiths going to be silent again today me thinks

Could you say that a little louder, so everyone can hear?

before the end, you’ll see the true weakness manifest, their house is built on sand.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's because, as they say, happiness writes white. Or, if you prefer a bit of Tolstoy, "all happy families are alike but each unhappy family is unhappy in their own way".

When we win and stuff has gone so right, there are only so many ways to talk about how they went right. But when they go wrong, everyone has their own ideas as to what we should have done differently. So there is bound to be more discussion after defeats or poor performances.

Of course, there are a few miserablists and binners who revel in defeat, but only a few. The rest is just human nature.

Happy to help. Can we retire this tired cliché now?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Simply put there are a group of posters who just like to moan, a couple of wind-up merchants and a few trolls. Difficult to get traction when things are going well but they will be back next week if we don't win.

• Like 2

An incredibly uncomfortable day for me. Just realised I've had my pants on back to front which is a bit of a nuisance because I'm going to have to do it every game now. It's not fair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Maybe folk are out celebrating a bit, rather than being sat in front of a keyboard?  

Exactly that. Most fans go out on the town after a game and particularly when we win as comprehensively as today. If I didn’t live in  the Midlands I’d be out with them. Cambridge please go out and have some fun.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

An incredibly uncomfortable day for me. Just realised I've had my pants on back to front which is a bit of a nuisance because I'm going to have to do it every game now. It's not fair. 

So long as it's not a thong Dylan...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1