Posted (edited)

Re: Saintz.

In for a penny in for a pound.

The next four games are now even more crucial.

If after those games we are still in with a decent shout of the play-offs it means that the squad has recovered/adjusted well. Then why would that extra game matter?

If after those games, we are out of contention, then what does an extra game missed by the player matter?

Therefore, imo, little to lose by appealing, especially as the outcome would seem to be 50/50.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

When can we expect an answer.

Have they actually appealed yet? 

Absolutely scandalous that he could miss 4 of the last 10 games because of a nothing act.

If this doesnt get overturned ,the EFL is bent

...and Madeley and Howson needn't show their faces at Carrow Rd again

My initial thought on this one was that it was a definite red card. However , having re watched it numerous times this morning, and in slow motion, it really doesn’t look like he was lashing out . His legs came up as much from the momentum of the hard tackle as anything else. Without a doubt , the ref was conned by Howson's ridiculous over reaction and his effort to deflect away from himself. If this red card is not rescinded, then surely we are only going to encourage players to cheat and feign injury. Howson should have been booked himself for his reactions 

• Like 6

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Absolutely scandalous that he could miss 4 of the last 10 games because of a nothing act.

If this doesnt get overturned ,the EFL is bent

...and Madeley and Howson needn't show their faces at Carrow Rd again

You are probably correct, but Saintz has clearly built up a reputation for such petulance, which means opposition teams exploit it and referees are aware of it.

The player needs to wise up quickly ... or be shown the door.

4 minutes ago, Ashwood said:

My initial thought on this one was that it was a definite red card. However , having re watched it numerous times this morning, and in slow motion, it really doesn’t look like he was lashing out . His legs came up as much from the momentum of the hard tackle as anything else. Without a doubt , the ref was conned by Howson's ridiculous over reaction and his effort to deflect away from himself. If this red card is not rescinded, then surely we are only going to encourage players to cheat and feign injury. Howson should have been booked himself for his reactions 

I don't think you can book him for drawing attention to the fact that Sainz has made contact with him. Only he will know how much contact there was and how much it hurt, but anyone who thinks a Norwich player wouldn't do the same thing if the boot were on the other foot is kidding themself.

More to the point, though, he shouldn't have been booked for his reactions because he should already have been shown a red card for the initial tackle.

• Like 1

We have to appeal this out of principle. If the club has anyone worth their salt acting for them they will get it overturned.

it’s certainly not a “frivolous” appeal if we do it so if an extra game was added on it would be an utter disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

We have to appeal this out of principle. If the club has anyone worth their salt acting for them they will get it overturned.

it’s certainly not a “frivolous” appeal if we do it so if an extra game was added on it would be an utter disgrace. 

It's very hard to get them overturned as they'll always side with the refs where possible, but I agree that it'd be disgraceful if they added an extra game to the ban.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's very hard to get them overturned as they'll always side with the refs where possible

The ref will be asked to give his take on it post match, so it'll entirely come down to what he thinks on reflection.  And the board will side with that decision, not necessarily the on-field one.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's very hard to get them overturned as they'll always side with the refs where possible, but I agree that it'd be disgraceful if they added an extra game to the ban.

Dont forget when Mariqunhos got a nonsense red and had it overturned.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

The ref will be asked to give his take on it post match, so it'll entirely come down to what he thinks on reflection.  And the board will side with that decision, not necessarily the on-field one.

If he doesn't have the good grace to admit that he's made a misjudgement here, I'll be really surprised.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yep, true. It does happen, just not very often.

Any appeal should be accompanied by a video of players pushing in the chest and going head to head. And point out none of them were sent off and half of them weren't even booked. 

It's a real shame because there has been very little comment about refs on this forum recently which is because they've generally been OK. This one wasn't and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch. I've seen better in the Thurlow Nunn. 

Well if the ref tries to claim there was violent conduct then the panel should laugh him out the door. Perhaps he will say he thought there was violent conduct but having seen the replays it was not quite as he thought. You never know. In real time, at the game it looked like a tangle and then he had Howson hopping around in his face claiming he’d been savaged. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

If he doesn't have the good grace to admit that he's made a misjudgement here, I'll be really surprised.

I won't. I get the distinct impression he's a complete and utter ****

Another game that we would have won the referee has got this wrong so the referee should be reported and removed from refereeing 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

You are probably correct, but Saintz has clearly built up a reputation for such petulance, which means opposition teams exploit it and referees are aware of it.

The player needs to wise up quickly ... or be shown the door.

So Howson comes through the back of him then faints injury and Sainz need to wise up... the state of our game. Madley should be nowhere near the professional game, so bad is his reading of it. The optimist in me thinks it's incompetence rather than corruption.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't think you can book him for drawing attention to the fact that Sainz has made contact with him. Only he will know how much contact there was and how much it hurt, but anyone who thinks a Norwich player wouldn't do the same thing if the boot were on the other foot is kidding themself.

More to the point, though, he shouldn't have been booked for his reactions because he should already have been shown a red card for the initial tackle.

As has been stated,Aylings tackle on Sainz was far worse and not even a yellow was flashed.Ref's just not up to the job.

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So Howson comes through the back of him then faints injury and Sainz need to wise up... the state of our game. Madley should be nowhere near the professional game, so bad is his reading of it. The optimist in me thinks it's incompetence rather than corruption.

Trouble is none of these refs have ever played at any level.They ref from a book in a classroom.

7 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

As has been stated,Aylings tackle on Sainz was far worse and not even a yellow was flashed.Ref's just not up to the job.

No way was Ayling's tackle worse than Howson's. Ayling should have got a yellow, and Howson a red.

• Like 1

Not expecting it to be overturned. And the 4 game ban could increase to 5 games at a time of no wingers.    Time for sainz to reflect on his reactions;  but was emi worth having without his his fiery side; it's who they are 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

If after those games, we are out of contention, then what does an extra game missed by the player matter?

Someone (sorry, can't remember who) told me yesterday that the 'extra' game is the Ipswich game, so it matters in that sense.

But I completely agree with you. If we're missing him for four games, our season is essentially over, given how many other players in those positions are out. Definitely worth the gamble.

9 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Not expecting it to be overturned. And the 4 game ban could increase to 5 games at a time of no wingers.    Time for sainz to reflect on his reactions;  but was emi worth having without his his fiery side; it's who they are 

People keep blaming Sainz but all he did was react to the pain he got from having Howson's studs into the back of his knee. I would ask you to try and not straighten your leg to ease the immediate pain you feel when you get that. He did not react to the player, he didn't know he was there (look which way he was facing) - he was just trying to stem the pain. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

People keep blaming Sainz but all he did was react to the pain he got from having Howson's studs into the back of his knee. I would ask you to try and not straighten your leg to ease the immediate pain you feel when you get that. He did not react to the player, he didn't know he was there (look which way he was facing) - he was just trying to stem the pain. 

This is exactly how I read it too.  He's got studs in the back of his knee and he's reacting to that pain.  Whether or not Howson was there, he'd do the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ridgeman said:

When can we expect an answer.

Tomorrow afternoon I would imagine.

I’m too sceptical on the actions of the authorities to see this getting over turned. I can’t see Madley admitting his error either .

Sainz previous won’t help.  

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hang on you were completely slating Sainz, you even had binners using your posts to laugh at us ?