Idah scoring two today shows what we already know. He seems to be a great super sub, but strangely doesnt perform the same way when given a starting berth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

"It's Motherwell" says it all. Great for Idah and good for his confidence if he does well - and Celtic are a high profile club  too - but it is Motherwell.....

Well that comment will work wonders for his confidence. Well done.

Seems some on here are itching for him to fail hence the OP and the postings that immediately followed, which now look a bit silly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably wasn’t a great idea allowing him to leave. We’ve seen little of his ‘replacement’ so far but what has struck me when he’s been on the pitch is how unnatural he looks when moving. Time will tell though 

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well that comment will work wonders for his confidence. Well done.

Seems some on here are itching for him to fail hence the OP and the postings that immediately followed, which now look a bit silly.

Yeah, I'm sure Idah, having notched up 2 goals, will be itching to shower and get back to his hotel room to see what comments people are posting here on this forum 🤣

• Like 1

Never mind whether or not we "evaluate" him in the summer, he won't want to come back here if his form continues and he gets the support he is getting-and rather a sub at Celtic in the Champions League than at Norwich in the Championship.

He wants the move, no question. 

• Like 1

Idah was being marked by Ugandan international Bevis Mugabi. I mean... what more do we need to say here about the standard. League 1 at best

2 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Never mind whether or not we "evaluate" him in the summer, he won't want to come back here if his form continues and he gets the support he is getting-and rather a sub at Celtic in the Champions League than at Norwich in the Championship.

He wants the move, no question. 

Interesting I remember reading once him and Sargent are good mates I wonder reading between the lines that this might mean Sargent isn’t desperate for a move in the summer. Maybe Sara and Rowe are the ones that will go. Further evidence is the new contract for Sargent and maybe the penny has dropped with Idah that he needs to play and he ain’t getting past Sargent into the first team.

4 hours ago, Ian said:

Could have done with a substitute like that yesterday.

Worth a bump

38 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Worth a bump

But you dont like using subs @BigFish that would mean taking Barnes or Sarg off. You said it not me 🤣

Edited by Samwam27
Error

49 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The club will say Idah wanted to go out . Not sure that makes it right but that will be the line. 

He did. Massive fall out with Wagner earlier in the season followed by a smaller falling out in December. Was decided by both parties best to have some space. 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:
3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

"It's Motherwell" says it all. Great for Idah and good for his confidence if he does well - and Celtic are a high profile club  too - but it is Motherwell.....

But when similar arguments were levelled against the quality of opposition RvW scored against, you didn't seem so keen to play by the same rules?

Not sure what you're getting at. If any player scores in competitive play it is a good thing for their confidence, but there is always a proviso, if the opposition is at a lower level, whether it's RVW or anyone else. Don't think I've ever said otherwise.

Fallout or not, hes asked for a move to get more game time. Id be surprised if he wanted to return at the end of the season.

Now hes experiencing a new life at Celtic im.sure hell.ask for a transfer whether its Celtic or elsewhere.

We were looking for a fee, so must be reasonably set on him.leaving

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We might be needing to replace Sarge and Idah.

If that happens it’s a complete balls up by Knapper.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

If that happens it’s a complete balls up by Knapper.

I mean I don’t think he’s at fault for Idah wanting more game time, in fact I’d say that loaning him out is sensible if there’s a chance Sargent is off. If come the end of the year Idah wants to join Celtic permanently I guess it’d mean we get a decent fee which could go some way to keeping Sarge.

Quality finish for the headed goal.Pity that it wasn’t at Carrow Road.Let’s hope that Idah continues to perform for Celtic.

15 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

But you dont like using subs @BigFish that would mean taking Barnes or Sarg off. You said it not me 🤣

I don't like taking off Sarge or Barnes off just to try a loanee to see if he ready. Totally different to using what was described as the best sub in the division.

16 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Fallout or not, hes asked for a move to get more game time. Id be surprised if he wanted to return at the end of the season.

Now hes experiencing a new life at Celtic im.sure hell.ask for a transfer whether its Celtic or elsewhere.

We were looking for a fee, so must be reasonably set on him.leaving

That's how i see it for Unhappy players who go on loan ,

If you go to a club where you are playing and in Adam's case scoring why would you want to go back to a place you were unhappy ? 

Celtic will be in Some sort of European Football ,

Match his wages , New lease of life and i imagine enjoying it 

i can see him moving there or somewhere else where he will be mostly starting which i doubt he will here unless we sell Sarge 

45 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Burning his bridges somewhat in the interview on the main page perhaps?

“It is so professional up here. The mentality. When I first came here for training there was no one about, they were all in the gym working hard. That is the big thing I have noticed. That never-give-up attitude is what we showed in this game to come out with a big three points.”

he should of Added " at we Celtic do not have Rubbish like Soccerbot !! " 

24 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

When I first came here for training there was no one about, they were all in the gym working hard. That is the big thing I have noticed.

Could it be that Idah hasn't realised that the players are hiding in the gym as they're trying to avoid the cold and wet weather outside? 

• Haha 1

I saw the extended highlights from the celtic game yesterday. A good header for the goal and a simple finish for the second. Im glad his loan is going well. However you could see that he still struggles positionally and doesnt bust a gut to get on the end of good crosses. Its beneficial for all parties that he does well on his loan obviously, but just my take is that we sell if we can get a decent price for him.

What would he have, 4 years left on the contract;  what sort of fee could we expect for him?

Edited by ZLF

40 minutes ago, ZLF said:

What would he have, 4 years left on the contract;  what sort of fee could we expect for him?

The 5 year contract...another Webber masterclass roundly mocked on here likely to now benefit the club long-term...

• Like 2

I reckon if he continues to do well at Celtic then they'll sign him for a max of c. £5m at the end of the season. Maybe with a sell-on clause or a few extras. The only way we're going to get more for him is if he scores enough to get on the radar of some Prem clubs who fancy him.