Rhino1

Thick Boo Boys - just grow up!!

Good interview with Wagner explained sub situation 

After subs we were 100% better,  first  10 minutes of second half we were completely being over run by Watford 

3 pissed up middle aged yobs shouting we want Wagner out from start of second half and when they equalised they went mad

9 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Good fighting talk from Wagner saying those that boo players coming on are showing no respect for players or him and should stay at home. Totally agree

Yep me too. Glad he came out swinging. He deserves better as do the players.

42 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yeah, but Hooijdonk is not only a young striker, but a young striker with probably more expectation on him than most on account of who his father is. I think it needs to be carefully judged how he's introduced; if he has too much exposure without scoring then people will soon sour on him, and if he's a confidence player that could well finish off any chance of him doing anything for us.

If he's reduced to 10/15 minute cameos he's likely to do very little for us anyway.

Edited by The Raptor

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

If he's reduced to 10/15 minute cameos he's unlikely to do very little for us anyway.

That would probably be a good thing then

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

If he's reduced to 10/15 minute cameos he's unlikely to do very little for us anyway.

It took Sargent a long time to establish himself as well.

16 minutes ago, mastoola said:

you are the thick person if you do not see what was wrong!!!!!

Well what was wrong? I think I am correct in saying the score after the first subs was 2 to 1. Why is that wrong? I assume but I may be wrong that the issue was nunes for sergeant not svh?  As to sargeant just be pleased for the time he is on the pitch. On Saturday for example. As SVH we'll the pushed forward Sara scored so what is wrong with that.

I even get that in the emotion of the moment fans may not agree with  the decision but when faced with the outcome and in a hole don't carry on digging especially in am abusive way.

• Like 1

Personally I don't ever boo my own team. Just not in my nature.

But I think fans have every right to express their view at the coach's decisions. Let's be clear: that's what it was, not booing players or the team.

But, if you boo the coach, you can hardly complain if then he has a go back

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think it needs to be carefully judged how he's introduced; if he has too much exposure without scoring then people will soon sour on him, and if he's a confidence player that could well finish off any chance of him doing anything for us.

Take the point, but (a) he seems to be a very feisty character on the evidence of tonight and hardly short of confidence; and (b) if he's not ready to go then we should never have swapped him for Idah at this stage of the season.

8 minutes ago, Nik Vawn said:

When we won 4-2 you clown

Read what I was replying too you clown. 
I was talking about the 1st subs and what happened as a result of them. 
The 1st subs tore up what was going well and let them back in. 
when Wagner plays his first subs we often look at a loss and make our game harder. 
we got away with this tonight. 

• Haha 1

I thought the reaction was well over the top and really not needed when we were 2-1 up. Wagner has surely earned some respect. Feels like plenty made their mind up long ago and are looking for any reason to justify their opinion now. Yes the subs didn't work at QPR but there have been plenty of times he has impacted games positively and tonight was another. 

There's certainly been occasions where he deserved criticism, but recently he's got us playing much better and it's good to watch whilst giving us a shot at the playoffs. Should be the time to get behind the team and see where it goes! 

16 minutes ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Well what was wrong? I think I am correct in saying the score after the first subs was 2 to 1. Why is that wrong? I assume but I may be wrong that the issue was nunes for sergeant not svh?  As to sargeant just be pleased for the time he is on the pitch. On Saturday for example. As SVH we'll the pushed forward Sara scored so what is wrong with that.

I even get that in the emotion of the moment fans may not agree with  the decision but when faced with the outcome and in a hole don't carry on digging especially in am abusive way.

disagree with you  to take off the best two players on the pitch after 55 mins is crazy    he got lucky

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Good fighting talk from Wagner saying those that boo players coming on are showing no respect for players or him and should stay at home. Totally agree

There was more than just a 'small number' singing 'You don't know what you're doing' when the subs were made. Imagine if all those fans DID stay at home Saturday and the actual attendance was way, way below 20,000. Suddenly the fans would be criticised (again) for not supporting the club when they're in the play off spots. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Take the point, but (a) he seems to be a very feisty character on the evidence of tonight and hardly short of confidence; and (b) if he's not ready to go then we should never have swapped him for Idah at this stage of the season.

Exactly so! Also - the guy is 24 FFS!! In footballing terms he is no longer a YOUNG player which many on here seems to be using as their reason to  justify his non inclusion.

1 hour ago, Rhino1 said:

How thick can you be? Our boo boys demonstrate every week very!! Booing Sargeant substitution is utterly mind blowing my stupid!! He’s just back from long term injury, he’s clearly being managed yet our boo boys just don’t get it!! Thick thick thick! Really helps the team and confidence doesn’t it, to hear your own fans booing - idiots!!!

Why do you think it's OK to abuse your fellow fans? Have a difference of opinion and try to be civil. 

Rhino shows everything that is wrong with our club and probably doesn't even go to games.

However Sarge was ****e and replaced by Van Hooijdonk eventually who was ****e.

We huffed and puffed our way to 3 pts against a terrible Watford team.

'YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING' the loudest song all night.

We won, in 6th and set for the play-offs. Personally I cannot wait for Wagner to go but fully appreciate the 80% ers Clappers see it differently.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yeah, but Hooijdonk is not only a young striker, but a young striker with probably more expectation on him than most on account of who his father is. I think it needs to be carefully judged how he's introduced; if he has too much exposure without scoring then people will soon sour on him, and if he's a confidence player that could well finish off any chance of him doing anything for us.

He certainly looked a bit raw, gawky even, when he came on. The Champs is not an easy league to adapt to if you're used to playing abroad; much as I don't rate Fassnacht  he is at least up to speed & it was the right decision to bring him on first. VH will need time to get used to life at NCFC & I think Wagner is going about it the right way.

• Like 1

The minute you start having a go at the fans you'd better be 100% right ALL the time because they are now looking for issues. I personally think it's dumb especially with our momentum. I except a climb down will arrive before the next game... ps I like Wagner, don't think he is a great manager but would love him to succeed

Edited by Kenny Foggo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The minute you start having a go at the fans you'd better be 100% right ALL the time because they are now looking for issues. I personally think it's dumb especially with our momentum. I except a climb down will arrive before the next game... ps I like Wagner, don't think he is a great manager but would live him to succeed

He's not having a go at 'the fans' though. He's having a go at a section of fans doing something specific and destructive to atmosphere, presumably because they're utterly certain that they know more about what's going on than the actual manager. Utter arrogance. Fans who don't like what that minority of fans are doing should be rallying behind him for calling these malcontents out.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He's not having a go at 'the fans' though. He's having a go at a section of fans doing something specific and destructive to atmosphere, presumably because they're utterly certain that they know more about what's going on than the actual manager. Utter arrogance. Fans who don't like what that minority of fans are doing should be rallying behind him for calling these malcontents out.

Every one has an opinion..who says yours is right..or mine? They may have an opinion more ' extreme' than you like ... Calling it utter arrogance or them malcontents is not the best way forward to have a civil debate about all things NCFC.

But I am not telling you what to do...

It was a pretty big section of fans. Upper Barclay probably their most animated for several games. You don't know what you're doing was loud and clear. Going to battle against the fans will only end up in one winner eventually. His choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, percy varco said:

We wern’t getting over run until the 1st subs. 
We then looked lost with no idea. 
Take off your Wagner Rose Tints. 

Excactly. Team lost all cohesion,and as Huckerby stated, looked like a sunday league team for about 20 mins.

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It was a pretty big section of fans. Upper Barclay probably their most animated for several games. You don't know what you're doing was loud and clear. Going to battle against the fans will only end up in one winner eventually. His choice.

I reckon he knows he's gone regardless of where we finish.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That was alot of fans tonight,  it wasn't a small section like he made out. They are also the vocal fans in the ground,  so maybe we all just sit in silence Saturday.  

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

**** off! We were doing okay when attacking, Wagner hasn't a clue and creates an air of we've done enpugh and just hold on, we fall apart, he deserves every boo he gets.

Is this a parody?! We're one of the top form teams in the league after a terrible run of injuries and just beaten play off rivals convincingly. Any nuetral reading this would conclude you've gone nuts. 

4 hours ago, Bomber said:

We won 4-2and are in top 6 - job being done 

Yeah but Wagner is useless and doesn't know what he's doing apparently (last night without our top scorer too). There appears to be some kind of collective insanity going on. 

5 hours ago, yellow 63 said:

Just  deflects the real problem at the club.

Yes the moronic 'fans' who are trying to undermine everything to do with the club.

33 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Can’t believe I’m agreeing with a post from Rhino but here we are 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 That doesn’t make you a bad person virtual!! 

• Haha 1