Rhino1

Thick Boo Boys - just grow up!!

4-2 win. 

Into top 6. 

One of the in form teams in the division. 

I would if taken that at the start of the season. 🤷 

Let the man work until it's clear it's not working! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

The first set of subs didn't, they made it 2-2 not long after.

What changed is we stopped being so defensive at that point which we are bloody awful at.  Wagner won't win fans over until he stops trying to see out games from so far out when we don't have the physical or mental capabilities to do it.

On the front foot we're as good as anyone from 4th down, Wagner has to learn to play to our strengths.

That's just patently untrue though isn't it? Agreed, they scored their equaliser after the substitutions, but Watford had far more control, dominance and overall chances prior to this. Indeed, had it not been for some great last ditch defensive work by Gibson, Watford could have been winning at half time.

This is far more about those people who have strongly decided Wagner is a terrible coach, and are jumping on any minor point they can.

• Like 3

Despite here being some 60 years difference between myself and a Barclays Boo Boy, watching the game on TV last night, I was furious with the decision to take off Sargent and Onel. The latter actually had a decent first half and whilst I accept Fassnacht has scored the odd goal he does not exactly impress me. Sargent was having a quiet game and for me was not showing any sign of injury, but for me you do not sub your established main striker after 50 odd mins. It did not make sense to leave a fairly immobile Barnes by himself upfront. Wagner's decision suggested to me that it was a negative choice and on past performance we were just going to sit back and hang on to what we had got. So I can quite understand the booing which I interpreted to mean the crowd did not like the tactics. In the end we got away with it - that's football. I was amazed that Wagner after the game stated that Watford were a top side. In common with many sides in the Champs they were pretty poor. After tonight's games we will probably be out of the top six - NEGATIVE COMMENT !!!!

12 minutes ago, vos said:

Despite here being some 60 years difference between myself and a Barclays Boo Boy, watching the game on TV last night, I was furious with the decision to take off Sargent and Onel. The latter actually had a decent first half and whilst I accept Fassnacht has scored the odd goal he does not exactly impress me. Sargent was having a quiet game and for me was not showing any sign of injury, but for me you do not sub your established main striker after 50 odd mins. It did not make sense to leave a fairly immobile Barnes by himself upfront. Wagner's decision suggested to me that it was a negative choice and on past performance we were just going to sit back and hang on to what we had got. So I can quite understand the booing which I interpreted to mean the crowd did not like the tactics. In the end we got away with it - that's football. I was amazed that Wagner after the game stated that Watford were a top side. In common with many sides in the Champs they were pretty poor. After tonight's games we will probably be out of the top six - NEGATIVE COMMENT !!!!

The problem is the crowd don't know what is going on with the players.  I was unhappy with the substitution decision on the face of it but didn't know that both Josh and Onel were probably up for coming off for fitness reasons.  Whatever happens in a game, I've never booed our own players but I've certainly vented my feelings at the end of a match when I feel it is justified - Colchester comes to mind!

Dont agree with the booing but an understand some fans frustrations- But I wonder if the attitude on here would had been different if we daw  or  lost- just a thought ?

12 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Dont agree with the booing but an understand some fans frustrations- But I wonder if the attitude on here would had been different if we daw  or  lost- just a thought ?

We didn’t lose or draw. You might as well say I wonder what the attitude on here would be if we hadn’t win a game all season.

Wagner’s subs do often look weird but results have proven him right for some time now. He won’t always get it right, we’re not Man City or even Leicester, we will not win every game. But that seems to be what some do expect.

It seems to me it’s a mixture of some fans being unable to move on from Wagners poor run of results, where in all honesty he was lucky to escape the sack, The majority of clubs would have pulled the trigger. And their discontent with  Delia. Ultimately Wagners record since key players have returned from injury deserves the crowds full support, he and the team have no control over boardroom matters. If everyone is pulling in the same direction we still have a real chance of the play offs. When you consider this is a season with the likes of Leeds, Southampton and Leicester dropping down from the PL, the play offs was realistically the best that could be achieved 

Why is it more important to be internet-right rather than just get behind the team?

Everyone was booing because Sydney wasn't coming on? Have any of you watched him play? No wonder we kept Barnes on, he offered a lot more including an assist - Sydney looks miles short of match sharpness right now.