Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Dean Ashton saga happening again

It seems so similar that Rowe is out injured over winter transfer window.

So was Ashton over the same period.

Seems to me he may yet go, despite rising in value over the rest of the season.

But, Norwich, being Norwich………

What are your thoughts on flat earth?

Rowe has broken his hand. Was already subject to very wide and clear from the start of the season and we already knew he may well be off.

I don't think its any conspiracy 

10 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

Rowe has broken his hand. Was already subject to very wide and clear from the start of the season and we already knew he may well be off.

But have the club got the scans to prove he has a broken hand, eh??........eh??  (Smiley Face).........

18 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

The Earth is only flat because Delia doesn’t have the wealth needed to build on it! Boo!!!

@Bradwell canary - are you going to start a second thread titled “Dean Ashton saga isn’t happening again” if Rowe is still with us when the window closes?

• Haha 1

I think young Johnny's head's been turned more by interested parties than Linda Blair's was in 'The Exorcist'....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

It seems so similar that Rowe is out injured over winter transfer window.

So was Ashton over the same period.

Seems to me he may yet go, despite rising in value over the rest of the season.

But, Norwich, being Norwich………

Although it was before the January transfer window existed, didn’t Ashley ward have a mysterious injury, which prevented him from playing a game for us & was then suddenly (but expected) sold to Derby for £1 million?

Surely he can hold out until the summer, its only 4 months. He owes us this at least... to see if we can push into the play offs... 

Not quite sure what his hurry is, he's still only 20. Got his whole career ahead of him. 

Edited by crab man

Many years left but doesn't want to waste another 2 1/2 playing dross football.  The future if he stays here, the lad has talent and ambition, should do better.  Good luck.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, crab man said:

Surely he can hold out until the summer, its only 4 months. He owes us this at least... to see if we can push into the play offs... 

Not quite sure what his hurry is, he's still only 20. Got his whole career ahead of him. 

he will be on a fairly small wage as he signed his contract when he was in the academy ,

if he signs for a PL team i imagine his wages will go up maybe 3,4,5 or more times what they are now , 

he will get a good signing on fee of 7 figures ,

he gets injured next month and never plays again  he would be wishing he is on a PL 4 year contract instead of his NCFC contract 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crab man said:

That’s not the way football works these days I’m afraid

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That’s not the way football works these days I’m afraid

i agree got to grab the money when he can , can be a very short Career for some not all players play till they are 35 ,

could be like Dean Ashton's career 

Dean Ashton was left out of an FA Cup match at the start of the transfer window & sold.

Rowe has played several games during the transfer window so not really 'another Dean Ashton'.

It's just another bit of player trading, I'm surprised you haven't got used to it.

1 hour ago, crab man said:

As ever with young footballers they want to run before they've hardly walked, he could at least give us the rest of this season and probably even next before looking for a move. As a Norwich fan I only care about NCFC and constantly selling our best young players when they're barely out of nappies does nothing for our chance of being even moderately successful.

Edited by kdncfc

1 hour ago, Top corner said:

Although it was before the January transfer window existed, didn’t Ashley ward have a mysterious injury, which prevented him from playing a game for us & was then suddenly (but expected) sold to Derby for £1 million?

Not sure. From recollection I think the transfer was sudden and out of the blue so not sure if there was time to worryvabout injuries,because our finances were fecked. Didn't we sell him and Jon Newsome on same day in desperation?

10 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

As ever with young footballers they want to run before they've hardly walked, he could at least give us the rest of this season and probably even next before looking for a move. As a Norwich fan I only care about NCFC and constantly selling our best young players when they're barely out of nappies does nothing for our chance of being even moderately successful.

Use to be a time when we at least got a couple of good seasons out of our emerging talent but we are so cash poor now, we are now having to sell immediately anyone shows promise. All clubs sell but our existence at the moment means we will continue to decline imo...

Oh to be more that a feeder club for the premiers bottom half clubs...

I too suspect that his head has been turned, with the seeds sewn at his u21 call up.  As long as we get the right price it's impossible to begrudge him a move now.   The trend of not tempting (or perhaps more pertinently competing with other offers) youth with a path way or wages under wagner is problematic 

As to whether the hand injury is genuine or a ruse we have less than 60 hours to find out.  

Time to repost his insta photo again. His right hand is clearly bandaged, he is holding it quite awkwardly as if he is trying to stop the blood from flowing into it. Yeah, conclusive proof it hurts, less proof that it was broken granted, but hey, trust the lad.

Screenshot_20240126_190903_Instagram.jpg

image.png

As much as I’m a cynic, I don’t believe we are selling Rowe this window. I’m certain we will be this summer though. Well, unless we go up, which I don’t think we will. 

4 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I think young Johnny's head's been turned more by interested parties than Linda Blair's was in 'The Exorcist'....

I hope he doesn't get a crucifix out for his next celebration then 😳😳😳

Rowe has moved ahead of Sara in becoming our most valuable asset. For the club to sell in the inflated January market I can't see anyone spending what it would take, frankly.

Better for both player and club to wait for the summer when suitors will be much more plentiful and his reputation/ price tag has another half season to escalate. Anyone with pretensions that he will be here past that point, however, head in the clouds.

8 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I hope he doesn't get a crucifix out for his next celebration then 😳😳😳

The power of cash compels you!