Tetteys Jig

Idah off on an adventure

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Nicolo Shira reporting it’s loan with 3m euros obligation if certain criteria is met 

Thanks. Certainly seems a reputable source, 300k+ followers. Here's the tweet in question, for anyone else who wants to see it:

• Like 1

A loan, or a loan to buy at this stage of the season makes no sense whatsoever.

No club is going to release a striker as good as or better than Idah in January either, especially if 3rd cloice to Barnes and Sargent. The net effect is we will be worse off and you can pretty much end our season at this point.

Even with Idah here I'm concerned Sargent and Barnes don't look capable of lasting 90 minutes.

52 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks. Certainly seems a reputable source, 300k+ followers. Here's the tweet in question, for anyone else who wants to see it:

Can we also take this moment to realise that the PinkUn journo's don't have a clue of ongoings at the moment? Everything they hear they seem to instantly rubbish then it seems to be backed up by further evidence to the contrary and they change their tune...

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wondering whether we might still be able to convince Aboh to stay if we give him first-team chances if Idah leaves? Or has Aboh already decided he's off? Just a thought...

It's the obvious choice and makes sense on do many levels. If we lose Aboh then it's bad management and I have to ask "what is the point of having an Academy if you don't promote talent?"

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Can we also take this moment to realise that the PinkUn journo's don't have a clue of ongoings at the moment? Everything they hear they seem to instantly rubbish then it seems to be backed up by further evidence to the contrary and they change their tune...

At least they try really hard to get accurate information about what's going on at the club. The club doesn't tell us anything  so be more respectful to their efforts to keep us updated.

5 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

It's the obvious choice and makes sense on do many levels. If we lose Aboh then it's bad management and I have to ask "what is the point of having an Academy if you don't promote talent?"

Or are we being held to ransom by the agent of an unproven player who has never played in the first team. 

What happened to Knapper’s exciting window then ?

any suggestions for loan replacements we surely can’t let him out otherwise .

27 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

At least they try really hard to get accurate information about what's going on at the club. The club doesn't tell us anything  so be more respectful to their efforts to keep us updated.

I mean its their job, they aren't doing it out of kindness to Norwich fans and it appears to be wrong anyway!

I'm starting to think by the end of this window my #BringBackStuartWebber campaign is going to be in full swing...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

A loan, or a loan to buy at this stage of the season makes no sense whatsoever.

No club is going to release a striker as good as or better than Idah in January either, especially if 3rd cloice to Barnes and Sargent. The net effect is we will be worse off and you can pretty much end our season at this point.

Even with Idah here I'm concerned Sargent and Barnes don't look capable of lasting 90 minutes.

In Idah's case it makes perfect sense. His appearances on the pitch seem more down to us having no one else rather than an ability on his part. As to clubs releasing a striker as good as Idah that leaves an enormous pool of strikers. You only have to look at Reynolds (Maidstone) to see how awful Idah is in comparison. When a non-scoring carthorse like Barnes starts ahead of Idah you don't need much more indication of how the coaching staff see Idah.

Whether they will be allowed to be sent out in loan depends on if they are seen as surplus. Not up to a PL place currently (Kieffer Moore) or able to move under a 'release' clause.

Edited by RobJames

5 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

What happened to Knapper’s exciting window then ?

A glazier's fitting this in his office tomorrow. 

image.png.e59a015d3f86cc17df7baccf353fda1b.png

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm starting to think by the end of this window my #BringBackStuartWebber campaign is going to be in full swing...

As in to get him to answer for the mess he’s left the club in? Seems a good idea 

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Has made wonder whether Webber has actually just taken some kind of ‘sabbatical’ as opposed to ‘leaving’; handing over to Knapper in the interim with a remit of ‘be as awful as possible’ to make Webber look like a saviour when he returns… 

(I’m not serious btw, but I might be if both Rowe & Idah go with nobody coming in under the age of let’s say, 28?)

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, RobJames said:

In Idah's case it makes perfect sense. His appearances on the pitch seem more down to us having no one else rather than an ability on his part. As to clubs releasing a striker as good as Idah that leaves an enormous pool of strikers. You only have to look at Reynolds (Maidstone) to see how awful Idah is in comparison. When a non-scoring carthorse like Barnes starts ahead of Idah you don't need much more indication of how the coaching staff see Idah.

Whether they will be allowed to be sent out in loan depends on if they are seen as surplus. Not up to a PL place currently (Kieffer Moore) or able to move under a 'release' clause.

Been following Lamar Reynolds' career closely, have we? Or just saw him score one great goal against the binners and think that makes him better than Adam Idah?

For the record, Reynolds has played 19 times in the sixth tier of English football this season, and has scored zero goals.

Honestly, City1st, that's one of the most laughable things I've ever read on this board.

• Haha 6

Cheers for checking up on Reynold. I could not be arzed. Shame you did not check that our U21s were playing less than 24 hours before they were supposed to play at Anfield. Depends on what you see as important, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Cheers for checking up on Reynold. I could not be arzed. Shame you did not check that our U21s were playing less than 24 hours before they were supposed to play at Anfield. Depends on what you see as important, I suppose.

One thing I don't see as important is hanging around on an internet forum taking aggressive swipes at people who support the same club as me.

Different username, same old Bill.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I am trumping that with #WhyohwhydidDeliasackJezMoxey?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Not the best judge of footballers, are you?

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I am trumping that with #WhyohwhydidDeliasackJezMoxey?

OK, winner gets to use the hashing as their signature on this forum for next 10 years.

1...2...3...GO!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

He's played either as a starter or a sub for pretty much every game recently, so it would be bonkers to let him go in this window unless we have someone coming in.

Absolutely nuts it is. We have given him a long contract and he was told he was a part of the future.... Clearly, they thought he was given his contract. Bigged up, refused to  loan him out, and now talk of a €3m fee if he is bought!

What kind of strategy is this?

Assume we must have someone coming in (please not Hwang back).

As for Idah, he is big and strong and holds up well. He hasn't filled his boots with goals but at an age of 22 he would still grace many Championship sides. Anyway that's my view on him. He isn't the finished article but then nor are many 22 year olds. 

If these reports are to be believed of course!

So much for an "exciting" window unless they are leaving all us fans on tenterhooks right up to the 11th hour with a flurry of incomers. Somehow, you just doubt it given the way things look like panning out. 

Edited by sonyc
Tenterhooks spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

Agreed. Yet there is a poster on here (probably on this thread) who said it mattered little if we let Idah go and did not replace him as we already had 'two first team strikers'. One (of course) is USA (although still some way off full match fitness). I can't think who the other player is, can you (or anyone else for that matter)?

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

It does seem very odd for them to have gone so hard down the “not happening” line only to see the links only get stronger.  I rather hope for their sake that they were right, otherwise our local journalism is a bit stuffed.

36 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed. Yet there is a poster on here (probably on this thread) who said it mattered little if we let Idah go and did not replace him as we already had 'two first team strikers'. One (of course) is USA (although still some way off full match fitness). I can't think who the other player is, can you (or anyone else for that matter)?

It’s madness fast forward to the summer. We get  too good to turn down offer for Sargent he’s gone. Ashley Barnes is our only fit striker. We are looking at replacing the entire strike force.

If he's on the way out, and this is a loan with obligation to buy, then that means we're clearing way for someone to come in, surely?

I'm equally confused and a little bit excited.  I'm a wrong'un aren't i?

Really depends on who is lined up and what the deal is! With Kamara not signing a new contract it’s pressure on to find a better replacement! 
I still maintain in Idah there’s a hell of a striker in there but unfortunately his mindset just isn’t there to develop it!

Edited by Indy

If Idah does go he’s bound to do an Akinbiyi and suddenly score a shed load of goals and get sold on for a fortune. But I’m pretty sure he won’t do much while he’s here for us, so that’s the dilemma… Though probably not that huge a dilemma if a club is willing to offer a half-decent fee for him.