Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Alex Pritchard up to his old tricks

Sunderland should stop paying him. Cancel his contact and let him go. He's allowed to sign for another club for minimum wage. 40hrs a week.  He's only allowed to earn that for the duration of the cancelled contract. No massive sign on fee to get round it either. 

Should be standard in these situations.

Sunderland offered him another year when he wanted more, looks like his agent has found a couple of clubs who are prepared to offer longer contracts.

Alex Pritchard has a typical case of main character syndrome where he seems to think that he's doing any Championship side a huge favour gracing them with his presence as a player who by right should be in the Premier League.

When in reality he did nothing much at all in the Premier League with Huddersfield and been largely inconsistent in this league.

I've heard that Michael Beale has a massive ego himself though, Roderesque, and people with massive over inflated egos will often clash with other overly inflated egos when neither of them has a list of achievements long enough to back it up.

16 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Just seen him in Asda

In the garden gnome section?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

He’ll link up with Mowbray again at Brummidgeham

Or he could be returning to Norwich to link back up with the man who purchased him in the Prem.

images.jpg.47236a5abae770bdd4e7f79eb0b5fc57.jpg

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

How would we feel about that ?

Not a long term solotion and it sounds like he wants a long contract

28 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

How would we feel about that ?

Well it wouldn't back up the claims that we're trying to reduce the age of the squad so I'd be happier about it if he weren't our only signing and the other one was a younger player.

But he's a decent player and I wouldn't grumble, and a 2.5 year deal would probably be about right for his useful life.

He might be a mercenary but he's always worked hard on the pitch, including for Sunderland, which is his job, and I'd probably be a mercenary if my career was 15 years long and I had 45 years of retirement to fund.

2 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Does my memory serve me correctly that we once had him, James Maddison, and Wesley Hoolahan - all vying for the same no10 position …?

No Madison was after… or at least not playing. Wes and Pritchard did play together.. some scintillating stuff actually in 2016/17 season but we were far too inconsistent. We should’ve walked the league that season with the players we had!

10 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Does my memory serve me correctly that we once had him, James Maddison, and Wesley Hoolahan - all vying for the same no10 position …?

Don't forget Naismith.

I think it was Pritchard, Naismith and Hoolahan, with Maddison breaking through the year after.

And because Hoolahan was a god like genius who obviously won that battle it often meant having an incredibly expensive bench. 

From what I can remember though Pritchard could do a job wide right, and Naismith didn't come with that benefit, so Pritchard when fit was the less redundant of the two.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

No Madison was after… or at least not playing. Wes and Pritchard did play together.. some scintillating stuff actually in 2016/17 season but we were far too inconsistent. We should’ve walked the league that season with the players we had!

I remember the game against Reading in the first Farke season when the two of them tore Reading apart in the first half. It was 6-1 at half time.  Brilliant stuff.

Edited by River End Rocker

5 minutes ago, River End Rocker said:

I remember the game against Reading in the first Farke season when the two of them tore Reading apart in the first half. I think it was 5-0 at half time.  Brilliant stuff.

I’m sure that was still Alex Neil 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I’m sure that was still Alex Neil 

I think it was actually Alan Irvine by that point!

• Like 2

Decent player, remember the game against Brighton in 2016/17 when he had two shots that came off the woodwork and rebounded off their keeper for two own goals?

31 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Decent player, remember the game against Brighton in 2016/17 when he had two shots that came off the woodwork and rebounded off their keeper for two own goals?

We won the game 2-0 without having a shot on target. 🙂 

He wants to go to Birmingham city. I wonder why! Nothing to do with Mowbray of course.

5 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

On 27/01/2024 at 15:45, A Load of Squit said:

Sunderland offered him another year when he wanted more, looks like his agent has found a couple of clubs who are prepared to offer longer contracts.

He is 30 years old i imagine we would offer him 3 years at least 

He's had a disappointing career. Looked like a real coup when we signed him but has basically done nothing for any of the clubs he's played for.

On 27/01/2024 at 18:34, Google Bot said:

You just know he has little man syndrome.

Pretty sure the rumours were that when with us he always came across as arrogant and clearly thought that he was much bigger and better than he was and that not too many at the club liked him as a result.

Seems his career has not exactly taken him to the highs he was expecting mind, so not sure why he still seems to have an ego