I was excited when he first joined, mainly by his pace. Just never worked out at all for him.

• Like 1

I'm surprised he's not made a late charge considering our move to a more counter-attacking outfit as I suspected that's where he'd really shine when he had space to bomb into, but that's also more telling that Wagner doesn't think he's quite got enough when he's putting Hernandez on as the impact sub.

He clearly suffered from long-Covid but showed signs that he was explosive as all hell again, then had that poor show at left-back against Cardiff.

Could see him being OK for a side like Rotherham aiming balls at Hugill. I suspect he was bought due to his pace and stamina in the hope Farke could sprinkle some magic whilst changing to a counter-attacking side in the top-flight, but it's not worked out, really.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I was excited when he first joined, mainly by his pace. Just never worked out at all for him.

Don't think I've ever seen him run past anyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

Don't think I've ever seen him run past anyone.

Yeah that's the problem. He could run fast but not with the ball. 

• Like 2

Personally think he’s been unlucky to be behind Hernandez this season given both there outputs. Clearly there is some raw talent there will be interesting to see how he gets on when he leaves.

• Like 2

In his few brief cameos he has shown decent delivery from wide areas that with Sargent and Barnes should be a weapon. Just isn't our game and his minutes would always be limited as a result. Good luck to him if he goes.

Hope for his sake he finds a club as regardless it doesn't look as though his contract will be renewed here.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'm surprised he's not made a late charge considering our move to a more counter-attacking outfit as I suspected that's where he'd really shine when he had space to bomb into, but that's also more telling that Wagner doesn't think he's quite got enough when he's putting Hernandez on as the impact sub.

He clearly suffered from long-Covid but showed signs that he was explosive as all hell again, then had that poor show at left-back against Cardiff.

Could see him being OK for a side like Rotherham aiming balls at Hugill. I suspect he was bought due to his pace and stamina in the hope Farke could sprinkle some magic whilst changing to a counter-attacking side in the top-flight, but it's not worked out, really.

He's not made a charge because he's nowhere near as good as you seem to think he is.

I quite like the boy, he won't fail from lack of effort and in full flow can indeed be a weapon. But, as was said about Adrian Forbes, he's a bit of an 'unguided flying missile' and, he's more Rotherham than Norwich, imo. He was highly thought of at Birmingham before his loan spell was cut short through injury. Perhaps there will be a queue?

Pity we still won't get anything for him, though. 

• Like 1

I can't see him making anything like the sorts of contributions Onel has been making off the bench since Christmas, so there's no need to keep him as far as I can see.

Sounded like a good signing to me because of his speed. However, I think the reason his move didn’t work out was due to his injury proneness. If he doesn’t go now I can only see him going this summer. As he doesn’t fall into the “lower the age” category I’m also starting to think that maybe Knapper also wants to try and “lower the injury proneness” of our squad.

Edited by HazzaJet

Ahhh if only TvB was here.. (remember him?) he would have cracked out his “should work in retail” put down primed and ready..

His biggest problem was actually Farke. He wanted a direct winger that could go in behind the full back as an alternative to Cantwell then in the opening games was coaching him to drop deep and receive into feet while the full back overlapped, something he’d not been used to in Poland. They’d made their mind up within the first few weeks he wasn’t the right fit as he “couldn’t play football” 

14 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

His biggest problem was actually Farke. He wanted a direct winger that could go in behind the full back as an alternative to Cantwell then in the opening games was coaching him to drop deep and receive into feet while the full back overlapped, something he’d not been used to in Poland. They’d made their mind up within the first few weeks he wasn’t the right fit as he “couldn’t play football” 

Well yeah always a slight disadvantage and he looks just as unsuitable in our inverted wingers set up. 

You have to query why on earth did we got him in the first place. One of those YouTube signings.

Poor player. One of a few. Hopefully we can get rid. 

He looked really sharp and up for it early in the season, but Wagner doesn't seem to fancy him.

I've just never understood why he doesn't try and knock the ball past people and then run onto it, he's got that sort of pace. Lack of belief perhaps.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Satriales said:

It never worked out because he's got less end product than Onel, and that's really saying something 😅

Too lightweight for me and hasn't got the strength of Hernandez who is capable of playing on either wing as well.

I imagine he won't be starting today then. I'd say shop window, but lets not remind people

He must be the only player who is good enough to play up from for Poland with Lewendowski and can’t make a Championship first team squad. Strange. 

3 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

He must be the only player who is good enough to play up from for Poland with Lewendowski and can’t make a Championship first team squad. Strange. 

Don't think he's made a Poland squad for a long time, couple of years at least.

On 26/01/2024 at 18:22, Capt. Pants said:

Well yeah always a slight disadvantage and he looks just as unsuitable in our inverted wingers set up. 

You have to query why on earth did we got him in the first place. One of those YouTube signings.

Webber made some comments on some podcast where he was discussing data led scouting and that we signed a player with amazing data but within a week or two of getting him at Colney it was clear that the player was completely incapable of taking on board tactical instructions or learning anything new, and I think it is likely that this player was Placheta. I suppose it could have been Tzolis, but I think his problem might have been mental health and failing to settle in the country personally.

12 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Quite, personally I wonder if this is a hot potato inside the club at the moment. Wagner has clearly stated he is happy for Placheta to go but would like a replacement. Given i would imagine most bottom half championship team would take a punt on PP particularly given it would involve a lack of commitment, e.g. loan to the end of season. 

So perhaps Wagner is calling the club internally at least. They publicly backed him early in the season when things were going Pete Tong. Now he’s turned it round with wins over West Brom and WBA. He’s been rewarded with losing Hwang and Placheta with no obvious replacements. He might be quite right to say do we want to really fight for promotion.

13 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

So perhaps Wagner is calling the club internally at least. They publicly backed him early in the season when things were going Pete Tong. Now he’s turned it round with wins over West Brom and WBA. He’s been rewarded with losing Hwang and Placheta with no obvious replacements. He might be quite right to say do we want to really fight for promotion.

Fair point. It is starting to feel a bit like it's 'job done' now at least as far as the transfer window and this season is concerned.

The club always seems to be in limbo waiting for something to happen. I can't help thinking it was a bit odd to start Knapper early for him to then do relatively little.

With season ticket renewals about to hit the doormats I hope there is a clear message from Knapper within that.

On 26/01/2024 at 18:22, Capt. Pants said:

As I said yeah, Farke wanted some pace to go in behind out wide to have a different options to the technical/inverted wingers and Placheta’s pace stood out a mile on the data metrics. He also wanted a different type of striker to Pukki, hence bringing in Hugill. 

Ultimately Farke was the killer of both of them as he wanted different types of players for different scenarios/tactical changes but then wanted those players to just adapt to how the team played without changing his tactical Farke ball style.