The Bristol Nest

Transfer Rumours- Jonathon Varane?

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wasn’t this dismissed by Paddy earlier this week, almost before the story was put up?

Yes but usually after that happens the story goes away- however news outlets in Spain keep pushing it.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Underwhelming.

Centre Mid 13 appearances this season, 9 from the bench.

Defensive midfielder, only 22.

Brother of the Man Utd centre back. 

Suppose the significance of so few starts depends on the quality of his competition and the tactics his team plays.

Paddy and Connor both seem confident of their sources re Varane and Aboh. Interesting if knapper is keeping them up to speed. I know Webber did prior to the fall out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Why not a "loan with option to buy" this window?

I don't think he'd qualify for GBE requirements, and we used our four exemption slots in the summer signing players for the U23s.

Just looked out of my window and there are no frogs falling from the sky or plagues of locusts so I think I can be fairly sure we're not signing a CDM today.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Just looked out of my window and there are no frogs falling from the sky or plagues of locusts so I think I can be fairly sure we're not signing a CDM today.

Fair to say if we did sign him, the weight of expectation would be something to behold. CDM is something of an obsession on here. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Globe Air are a private charter company, the flight is from the nearest airport to Gijon, so what's not to like.

Oh how I love a flightradar24 transfer rumour!

Someone on here must know someone who works at the airport? Drop them a WhatsApp with this image and tell them to look out for this guy coming through arrivals...

jonathan-varane-960x640.jpg.4f1b3f73f6671027a86d7b3e5ec76664.jpg

For all the newer City fans, CDM stands for Central Defensive Midfielder. These are players that shield the defence and generally mop up possession. At Carrow Road they're almost as rare as hen's teeth.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

For all the newer City fans, CDM stands for Central Defensive Midfielder. These are players that shield the defence and generally mop up possession. At Carrow Road they're almost as rare as hen's teeth.

De---fence?

I thought "defence" was something you put round de garden to keep de cats out. 😉

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well he won't be flying to Norwich as I didn't think they allowed night landings.

Flight tracker appears to disagree with you. Perhaps only applies to noisy passenger jets? 🤔 

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Flight tracker appears to disagree with you. Perhaps only applies to noisy passenger jets? 🤔 

Landed 6.35pm! Should be on his way to Colney now!

11 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

But did it land at a jaunty angle ?

We need to know.

Just 6 days too early for the Colney watch! 

Just ruled out firmly by his manager, according to the Pink.

Also, he has a release clause of 5m euro, apparently.

Pity, I quite liked his age and dedicated playing position.

At least Ben Knapper is looking in the right direction, and probably also learning the vagaries of the transfer market.

• Like 1