Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Everton again and now Forest

Just now, astro said:

More points deductions?

I assume so. I wondered why Everton appealed the last deduction. Now we know. 

Big party to Luton today! 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I assume so. I wondered why Everton appealed the last deduction. Now we know. 

Big party to Luton today! 

Much as I will be happy for Luton fans if they are able to stay up the fact they of all clubs have a chance at staying in the Prem and could do it in their very first attempt and yet we failed to do so in our last three tries is quite embarrasing

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Much as I will be happy for Luton fans if they are able to stay up the fact they of all clubs have a chance at staying in the Prem and could do it in their very first attempt and yet we failed to do so in our last three tries is quite embarrasing

First attempt?

And why is it embarrassing? Because we’re a “bigger” club? Sounds a lot like entitlement to me CC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The only clubs that should be embarrassed are Everton and Forest 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But no doubt everyone will learn the lesson and criticise the board on spending too much in the future...?

image.jpeg.ebd43de4d137909ff4a6ecadf647f1e3.jpeg

Could be great news for the teams promoted this season as well.

Need to push for that play-off place! 😉

Forest have signed 42 players since securing promotion in May 2022, with owner Evangelos Marinakis sanctioning a transfer spend of around £250m to help the club establish themselves in the top flight.

Forest believed they had worked within the regulations when it came to the allowable losses with a lot of the issue centring around Brennan Johnson’s sale to Tottenham Hotspur.

The club’s argument — which they have made in conversations with the Premier League — was that they could have sold Johnson earlier in the window but doing so at that point would have meant accepting a markedly lower price.

His sale did not go through until September 1, well after the financial year ended, for £47.5m.

2 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

Good new for both Luton & Burnley, would make the bottom league of the premiership easier for the three promoted teams next year.

If you're Leicester, Ipswich, Southampton or Leeds you might be feeling quietly confident about survival chances IF promoted.

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Forest have signed 42 players since securing promotion in May 2022, with owner Evangelos Marinakis sanctioning a transfer spend of around £250m to help the club establish themselves in the top flight.

Forest believed they had worked within the regulations when it came to the allowable losses with a lot of the issue centring around Brennan Johnson’s sale to Tottenham Hotspur.

The club’s argument — which they have made in conversations with the Premier League — was that they could have sold Johnson earlier in the window but doing so at that point would have meant accepting a markedly lower price.

His sale did not go through until September 1, well after the financial year ended, for £47.5m.

That Johnson deal is also an "up to" so will probably be far lower...

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair it’s only two tries. Lambert kept us up.

48 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

To be fair it’s only two tries. Lambert kept us up.

Neil, Farke and Smith  are the last three to fail

Apparently Everton are being punished because of lost income when they had to cut ties with a Russian investor after Ukraine was invaded. If so seems a little harsh to me.

41 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Meanwhile Man city continue along without so much as a stern letter 

Man city are under investigation. Trouble is,they're facing 151 charges so its going to take 10 years to come to a conclusion..!!!!!!

The Man City thing is far more complicated apparently as it’s a historical one dating back quite a few years after reading about it. It’s not likely to be concluded for a while either

It does rather  beg the question why Forest signed Andy O right at the end of the transfer window for 20 million pounds yet the guy hasn’t played a single minute for them.

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Man city are under investigation. Trouble is,they're facing 151 charges so its going to take 10 years to come to a conclusion..!!!!!!

Hmm, yet Everton have now been sanctioned twice! 

The EPL are getting themselves in a bind now over Man City. Every time another club gets charged, the more legal challenges asking for Man City's case to be progressed. Also, internal pressures increase around the EPL board table. They cannot continue to delay conclusions for much longer.

11 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

It does rather  beg the question why Forest signed Andy O right at the end of the transfer window for 20 million pounds yet the guy hasn’t played a single minute for them.

The accounts to which the charges refer run to the end of the 2022/23 season. 

Forest are claiming that the only reason they failed the financial test is that they delayed the sale of Brennan Johnson in order to secure a better price from Spurs later in the window. They turned down a lower offer in June 2023 knowing that as a result they would fail FFP. I have some sympathy for them, especially as they were dealing with Levy, but the simple fact is that they could have chosen to take the lower offer and avoid a points deduction. The fact that they went on to spend the increase on Omidalebale beggars belief. 

I very much doubt they gave us anywhere near £20m for Andrew O,  in fact I'd be surprised if it was any more than £10m including add ons. Does anyone know the true figure? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Man City can afford the best players in the world...and the best lawyers.

Football is no longer a sport at the top level.

27 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The accounts to which the charges refer run to the end of the 2022/23 season. 

Forest are claiming that the only reason they failed the financial test is that they delayed the sale of Brennan Johnson in order to secure a better price from Spurs later in the window. They turned down a lower offer in June 2023 knowing that as a result they would fail FFP. I have some sympathy for them, especially as they were dealing with Levy, but the simple fact is that they could have chosen to take the lower offer and avoid a points deduction. The fact that they went on to spend the increase on Omidalebale beggars belief. 

I very much doubt they gave us anywhere near £20m for Andrew O,  in fact I'd be surprised if it was any more than £10m including add ons. Does anyone know the true figure? 

Whereas I have little sympathy for them, if they knew hay they couldn't take a lower offer without breaching ffp then they shouldn't have signed the players that took them over the limit until the sale was complete. Also, the £20m for Andy does probably include add one, yet so will the £45m they're claiming for selling Johnson...

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

Man City can afford the best players in the world...and the best lawyers.

Football is no longer a sport at the top level.

Whilst I do agree, the man city comparison is a little misleading as their breaches were all under older sets of the rules... Chelsea on the other hand...

37 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Whereas I have little sympathy for them, if they knew hay they couldn't take a lower offer without breaching ffp then they shouldn't have signed the players that took them over the limit until the sale was complete. Also, the £20m for Andy does probably include add one, yet so will the £45m they're claiming for selling Johnson...

Sorry, I didn't explain it well. The spending that caused the problem was in the period from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023. If they had sold Johnson for £35m in June 2023 they wouldn't have failed the test. They had that offer from Spurs and Levy will have known they had a problem at that time. 

They decided to wait till late August because they knew there would be more interest and they thought the price would go up,but they knew they were going to have to sell. He was home produced so all the fee counted as profit for accounting purposes. There may have been other players they could have sold but they wouldn't have produced a £35m profit. 

So essentially they threw themselves at the mercy of the Premier League because it was just a matter of 2 months timing. Some people will think they have a point, others like me think they were taking the **** because they knew full well they were risking a points deduction. They should have taken the lower offer and not bought Omidalibale. Wikipedia has the fee for Omidalibale as £11m. I suspect that includes add ons but I may be wrong.