The Raptor

Footballers doing mundane/normal things

Modern footballers are portayed as heroes worshiped by thousands yet obviously still have a normal life. Earlier I saw Sara walking his dogs. Previously I've seen Normann putting his bin out. What random everyday things have you seen footballers do? Catch a bus? Check a book out in a library? 

Can you tell I'm bored!? 

When i was a teenager, me and my mates were having a kick about up bandstand and darel Russell came along walking 2 dogs and sat and watched us for a good half an hour before taking off... 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

I've sat in a jacuzzi with Alex Ferguson

And I've played football against Wayne Rooney.

• Like 1

I stood behind Martin Peters in the chippy on Wroxham Rd.

I used to deliver Jimmy Neighbours morning paper, he gave me a £5 Christmas tip.

• Like 1

Remember ages ago someone posted a selfie of themself with Onel on Twitter.. In the Cromer arcade as it seemed Onel had been playing around on the penny machines

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Damien Francis filling up his motor and Gary Mabbutt in my local Co-op.

• Like 1

Saw Teemu several times shopping either in Sainsburys in Attleborough or Waitrose in Wymondham. Saw Emi playing football with his littl'un in his garden.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Saw Teemu several times shopping either in Sainsburys in Attleborough or Waitrose in Wymondham. Saw Emi playing football with his littl'un in his garden.

download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Damien Francis filling up his motor and Gary Mabbutt in my local Co-op.

What from the varied selection in the Co-op was Damien Francis putting in his motor and Gary Mabbutt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What from the varied selection in the Co-op was Damien Francis putting in his motor and Gary Mabbutt?

Diesel and insulin?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Modern footballers are portayed as heroes worshiped by thousands yet obviously still have a normal life. Earlier I saw Sara walking his dogs. Previously I've seen Normann putting his bin out. What random everyday things have you seen footballers do? Catch a bus? Check a book out in a library? 

Can you tell I'm bored!? 

You actually saw Norman putting his bin out

That really is impressive 

Guess you had a sleepless night 

Can’t imagine how you felt 

Had quite a few players come into M&S to do a bit of shopping, Charlatans front man Tim Burgess used to come in quite regularly too but I don't see so much of him now.

• Like 1

I picked up Marcel Franke & Marco Stiepermann from Stansted Airport, it was after their summer break & it was prior to the 2018/19 promotion season. Franke didn't speak much, but I remember how Stiepermann was impressed with how the club was run....How times have changed. 

• Like 2

I saw flecky having a **** once at trowse 

back in the day when you could just go and watch training.  I went into the dressing room autograph hunting and he pushed open the door and shouted something thinking it was one of his team mates !

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Sorry, that was poor grammar.😂 They were separate incidents, at different times, in different counties.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

I saw flecky having a **** once at trowse 

back in the day when you could just go and watch training.  I went into the dressing room autograph hunting and he pushed open the door and shouted something thinking it was one of his team mates !

Well known for dropping his trousers was Flecky!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

When i was a teenager, me and my mates were having a kick about up bandstand and darel Russell came along walking 2 dogs and sat and watched us for a good half an hour before taking off... 

He’d be arrested in this day and age.

• Haha 1

Saw Timm Klose by the fruit and veg in Waitrose, then a few weeks later saw Alex Tettey by the fresh fish. Was amazed at how tall they were. 

Stood next to Damian Francis in the gents 

Quite impressive he said

Edited by daly

Shared a table with Mike Walker in Jarrolds Cafe.  

Once saw doc sprint across the platform to make the train to Liverpool street.

Fastest I ever saw him move in Norwich 

• Haha 1

Back in the early 70’s I was a little starstruck to see our very own ‘ George Best ‘ Graham Paddon exit a now long gone phone box by what is now the Anglia TV building on Prince of Wales Rd.

Must have forgotten his mobile that day.

• Haha 1

Most recently, Morgan Gibbs White walking his dog!

Got quite a few ex players in the local area I’ve seen about. Ian Taylor, Bob Taylor, Steve Staunton, Scott Carson, Kevin Phillips to name a few. 
Matt Murray used to be out on the town regular. Our Shakey drinking in one of the locals.

Ive played against Matty Fryatt and Tyrone Barnett at the local leisure centre.

I very recently saw Placheta really struggling with the salad section in Old Catton Morrisons.

I remember not really being that surprised and said a quick hello and carried on

• Haha 1

Regularly bump into Jon Newsome and Wayne Biggins and have a chat with them on current Norwich matters on evenings out on Ecclesall Road here in Sheff.