Sign in to follow this  
For the future

Tonight’s game sack or keep

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He won't be sacked regardless of the result.

Sad but true, dead man walking

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, For the future said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we won tonight as Wagner knows that if we lose he will be sacked straight away after the game tonight.

What makes you think he will be sacked by this gutless board?

I'm not so sure he will be sacked, even if we lose! Unless we have someone better line up there really isn't much point.

At this point its Delia that really needs sacking, then the rest will work itself out. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I thought that was @hogesar??? 

She’s allowed more than one! 😂

I thought it was Webber?

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Hull missing a few and out of form. Do we have a chance ?

Over 26 games they have accumulated a massive four more points than us. We've beaten them once already. Of course we have a chance. A good chance.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, For the future said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we won tonight as Wagner knows that if we lose he will be sacked straight away after the game tonight.

1 hour ago, For the future said:

Who has stated this ultimatum? I've certainly seen nothing of the sort declared anywhere and even if it had been put to Wagner, it definitely wouldn't be public knowledge. 

Even if we do lose tonight (which I don't think is a certainty by any stretch), it'd probably only take an abject humiliation for the board to consider cutting their losses with Wagner, I think. Even then, I'm not convinced. 

Doesn't mean I don't think they should though, irrespective of the result. 

Edited by mrdi

I’m starting to have a bit of sympathy for Wagner say we win tonight and then West Brom do you think reinforcements will arrive to help him? I doubt it which begs the question do we want to get promoted this year? I would imagine Knapper is hoping to start a rebuild at the end of season. But what if we get promoted? Would Wagner still go? 

Edited by Ulfotto

21 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Hull missing a few and out of form. Do we have a chance ?

And along come little ol Naarich 

3 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I’m starting to have a bit of sympathy for Wagner say we win tonight and then West Brom do you think reinforcements will arrive to help him? I doubt it which begs the question do we want to get promoted this year? I would imagine Knapper is hoping to start a rebuild at the end of season. But what if we get promoted? Would Wagner still go? 

In the HIGHLY unlikely event we get promotion, Delia & Wynnie would probably rename a stand in his honour. 

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Over 26 games they have accumulated a massive four more points than us. We've beaten them once already. Of course we have a chance. A good chance.

I'm honestly predicting a draw. I never predict wins as that's just asking for us to lose (Not that I need to be proven to be wrong of course I do that all the time anyways!)

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

18 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The word 'say' is doing an awful lot of work here...

Delia & Wagner have no more excuses. We have a fully fit squad, with just about the strongest squad we can put out.

Defeat, or yet another poor performance, then Wagner cannot blame injuries, or the players.

This is now on him 100%

Trouble is that only 20% want him gone  well in Delia mind perhaps this is the case ?  the rest  Love Wagner and his style of football , all can see he been dealt with a poor hand and soon has we get a loan player or  two we going to reach the dizzy heights of mid table -where she think we belong has a progressive club!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I thought that was @hogesar??? 

Hey! Don't you sit there thinking Norwich fans are stupid enough to believe that old rubbish!

Only about 20% of this forum so far....

3 hours ago, crab man said:

I'm not so sure he will be sacked, even if we lose! Unless we have someone better line up there really isn't much point.

What's wrong with a caretaker manager?

When Alan Irvine took over for 10 games in between Alex Neil and Daniel Farke he changed things up a bit, gave players a clean slate and we saw improvements on the pitch. In fact think we won 5, drew 2, lost 3 under Irvine which is a very decent return! 

That was early March though, and granted this would be much earlier in the season. I can see some merit in having a buffer in between Wagner & his summer replacement though.

5 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Delia & Wagner have no more excuses. We have a fully fit squad, with just about the strongest squad we can put out.

Defeat, or yet another poor performance, then Wagner cannot blame injuries, or the players.

This is now on him 100%

Not quite - still without our club captain and arguably our best central defender (after Kenny of course).