Bradwell canary

I hope that Bristol Rovers win the replay….

Why, not because I wish us to focus on the league, that us has gone.  I want us to avoid being total thrashed and shown up for how far we have fallen.

Watching Liverpool recently I just dread to think what would happen. Even with their second eleven playing us.

But truthfully Bristol deserve their day in the sun, after they showed us up!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Why, not because I wish us to focus on the league, that us has gone.  I want us to avoid being total thrashed and shown up for how far we have fallen.

We can't win the league, but we can still win the cup 

Watching Liverpool recently I just dread to think what would happen. Even with their second eleven playing us.

But truthfully Bristol deserve their day in the sun, after they showed us up!

no, we showed ourselves up.

As soon as we’re Mathematically safe, we should forfeit the remainder of our games because it’s just so embarrassing. 

God, what if we struggle to get the points and have to play all our games?

Has anybody got a paper bag? Im hyperventilating… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I hope we get through as playing Liverpool is an exciting prospect (for me) however it might turn out. But I suspect the Bristol Rovers players are more keen on it than ours and that might determine the outcome of the replay. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"This club lacks ambition as do the fans"

"I WANT US TO LOSE TO BRISTOL ROVERS"

What does this post mean ? The second sentence confirms the first. 

Have I missed something ?

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"This club lacks ambition as do the fans"

"I WANT US TO LOSE TO BRISTOL ROVERS"

Or get humiliated on Merseyside, dose it really matter in the grand scheme of things? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

As soon as we’re Mathematically safe, we should forfeit the remainder of our games because it’s just so embarrassing. 

God, what if we struggle to get the points and have to play all our games?

Has anybody got a paper bag? Im hyperventilating… 

I remember trying to get one of the players shirts at Charlton to chuck it back at him , the good old days under Gunny. I think we are ok this year , but maybe next after we sell Sara and Rowe , then bring back Tettey and Pinto. Who knows Alan Lee may want another crack at it. 

Edited by Sufyellow

You have to stare down destruction and certain death in the face. It’s good for you, builds character.

I want us to play our full strength team and go through, I then want us to play full strength at Liverpool and knock them out. Forget the league I am sure we will survive.  A cup run with a giant killing maybe what we all need . 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Or get humiliated on Merseyside, dose it really matter in the grand scheme of things? 

We've already had the promised thrashing at Portaloo Road so a humiliation at Anfield is a stonewall certainty ..........

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

What does this post mean ? The second sentence confirms the first. 

Have I missed something ?

Examples of quotes from the same kind of fan. I echo the sentiment, it's embarrassing around here at the moment 

Of course we should try and beat Rovers and then go and give Liverpool a go.

• Like 2

This follows the nonsense of hoping Southampton thrash us which followed the pantweetting about the binners game. The whole thing is now about the match needing to fit the narrative. Whinge all week and hope to lose. Perhaps that's something that's come since football was something you watch rather than something you do.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, crab man said:

Aren't Klopp and Wagner best mates? Imagine Klopp getting his mate sacked. 

The board are made of sterner stuff than the cry babies on here.

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This follows the nonsense of hoping Southampton thrash us which followed the pantweetting about the binners game. The whole thing is now about the match needing to fit the narrative. Whinge all week and hope to lose. Perhaps that's something that's come since football was something you watch rather than something you do.

Or maybe it's expectation. But we certainly need the money generated from a game at Anfield , so I expect us to put out a full strength squad in the replay. 

It takes all sorts.

Some just aren't destined to be lifetime supporters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I want us to play our full strength team and go through, I then want us to play full strength at Liverpool and knock them out. Forget the league I am sure we will survive.  A cup run with a giant killing maybe what we all need . 

Why didn't we play full strength on Saturday and win? That was the solution but DW obviously over estimated the squad quality. We didn't. He didn't even have quality players on the bench to change the game if needed. DW and others have made this club look so pathetic 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Why didn't we play full strength on Saturday and win? That was the solution but DW obviously over estimated the squad quality. We didn't. He didn't even have quality players on the bench to change the game if needed. DW and others have made this club look so pathetic 

I agree.  

Edited by Sufyellow

2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

And if Idah had made contact with the ball when it was crossed ...... I wonder what the whiners would be grizzling about today.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

I mean, he may have talked once or twice about squad rotation and the need for it. 

I would say that putting out a better side would have been preferable, but Wagner isn't a total dunce and he's not alone in the coaching team.

Players do need rest and need to recover from niggles to do their best in the league games (whether they're good enough for us fans is a different matter). 

Questions of this nature do make it look like fans expect a full strength team of the best (their favourite) players all season long, which just isn't realistic 

Yes it shows the lack of depth to our squad, but it is what it is - playing maxed out players or those not at peak is just asking for injuries 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

It takes all sorts.

Some just aren't destined to be lifetime supporters.

You confuse supporters with attendees. I expect you have seen umpteen ups and downs, Many on here have not and delude themselves that we have a right to be in the PL as do similar glory hunters at Swansea, Boro, WBA, Hull, Blackburn, Bolton, Cardiff Wigan, Birmingham, Stoke, QPR, Watford

I wonder what the unifying factor there is. Lack of ambition, or seeing their income more than halved since their parachute payments dried up. The answer I would suggest defines whether you are a supporter or a whiner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Had Wagner not weakened the midfield so much and played one of Sara or Nunez then we would probably have beaten BRR done and dusted. 

As it stands we now have a potentially lucrative (by our standards) tie next round with the replay sandwiched between 2 tough league games. He really needs to field a full strength team in the replay and risk the consequences imo as at the end of the day we should be trying to win every game, having a run in the cup and pushing for the play-offs.

Hwang being returned today means 3 hard games in 8 days relying on Sargent returning to fitness, a rather lack lustre Barnes and Idah blowing hot and cold. An interesting week for Wagner coming up, but he's been in a make or break situation before and still clings on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I want us to win.

Then I can get a half and half scarf.

To add to your collection?

I just want Wagner gone if it takes a heavy beating at Bristol or Liverpool to do it then so be it

short term pain long term gain 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

To add to your collection?

Can't believe they weren't selling them on Saturday to be honest. Gutted.

• Haha 2