Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop’s Big Post of the Week: NCFC Bull**** Rumours

Posted (edited)

Hey Pink Un family,

Yobocop here, ready to dive into the fantastical realm of NCFC rumours that have graced our lives this week. 🌐

First off, the saga of Ashley Barnes takes the spotlight. Rumour has it he bid adieu to the Canaries, only to pull off a miraculous goal-scoring feat shortly after. Talk about a dramatic exit-turned-entrance! 🤯 What's your take on this rollercoaster tale?

And then, there's the curious case of Stuart Webber, supposedly pulling the strings from a dungeon at Norwich Castle. 🏰🕵️♂️ Is he orchestrating the club's moves from the shadows, or is it just another wild yarn spun in the world of NCFC rumours?

Now, let's stroll down memory lane. What are YOUR all-time favourite NCFC rumours from years gone by? Share the juiciest, most outlandish tales that still have you scratching your head

Yours faithfully, or am I?, 

Yobocop 

Edited by Yobocop

My recent favourite rumour was that David Wagner had an actual style of play called Wagnerball. 

• Haha 5

All of Todd Cantwell's existence, we'll not know the truth until his paperback is published by The Beano.

Perhaps we could list all of the Todd Rumours in advance though?

The Ross McCormack transfer saga pops into my head. We chased him for most of that summer ‘15/16(?), but were pipped by the lavishly spending Villa at the time. McCormack went one way and we went the other. He got stuck behind the gate at his house and we quietly finished mid table that season ushering in a new dawn.

Interestingly McCormack’s career after that took a nosedive. One to file next to Ben Marshall. 

• Like 1

“Shola is in the building” with good news gordon

one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on here definitely

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

“Shola is in the building” with good news gordon

one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on here definitely

Good News Gordon was great value back in the day!

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

****ing cringe thread of the week.

Gotta have ya critics 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Asda, I think it was.

I met Michael Theoklitos in riverside Morrisons once, unfortunately, he was our new GK signing.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I've made much worse

You’re too hard on yourself sometimes, yours as a valid contribution. Quagliaria will live long in the memory! 

• Like 1

What about Nigel worthington’s Dean Ashton quote? 

he’s broke his ankle and I’ve got the scans to prove it or similar? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

Good News Gordon was great value back in the day!

+1 for Good News Gordon appreciation. The “he’s here” post, followed by radio silence still sticks in my mind as a peak Pink’un forum moment. 

54 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I met Michael Theoklitos in riverside Morrisons once, unfortunately, he was our new GK signing.

Had he dropped his shopping? And you were helping him to pick it up 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, S_81 said:

My recent favourite rumour was that David Wagner had an actual style of play called Wagnerball. 

He has.

It's pass back at every available opportunity

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, overthebordercanary said:

Weren't we once linked to Toby Alderweireld, and also Virgil Van Dijk. Totally unrealistic but were still rumours.

At the time they weren’t unrealistic though were they? 

• Like 3

2 from 92-93-94ish... early days of interweb rumours on IRC boards... Dwight Yorke (playing as an out of favour winger) and Lee Clark (who couldn't get in the Newcastle team because of Rob Lee, Paul Bracewell and Phil Albert)...

Oh my god - Phillipe Albert - what a player! Although meant to be a CB, there is some weird stat about Newcastle winning every single game where he played in midfield

5 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

2 from 92-93-94ish... early days of interweb rumours on IRC boards... Dwight Yorke (playing as an out of favour winger) and Lee Clark (who couldn't get in the Newcastle team because of Rob Lee, Paul Bracewell and Phil Albert)...

Oh my god - Phillipe Albert - what a player! Although meant to be a CB, there is some weird stat about Newcastle winning every single game where he played in midfield

Love these little insights of a forgotten past 

48 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Had he dropped his shopping? And you were helping him to pick it up 

Ha. To be fair he was a nice bloke, shame he wasn't as good at goalkeeping. 

In the summer when Sutton eventually went to Blackburn I have newspaper cuttings linking us with swapping him for Ian Wright at arsenal 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

At the time they weren’t unrealistic though were they? 

That's what I was about to say. 

We were also extremely close to signing Kalidou Koulibaly around the same time. If we'd signed just one of those top class centre backs, we would surely have stood a much better chance of a more sustained spell in the Premier League.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's what I was about to say. 

We were also extremely close to signing Kalidou Koulibaly around the same time. If we'd signed just one of those top class centre backs, we would surely have stood a much better chance of a more sustained spell in the Premier League.

Were the Alderweireld/van Dijk/Koulibaly/Ola Toivonen rumours all from the same summer window? Perhaps when Hughton kept us up? The aul memory isn't great. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the costly failure to land such ambitious targets around that time (and later on Zimmermann's arch-nemesis Haller) got the ball rolling on concrete plans to upgrade the training facilities and academy.

(p.s. Koulibaly relegated us!)

• Like 1

The pursuit of Snodgrass was one of those, the rumours we wanted him, but it didn't happen, then it was constant rumbling for months and months of "will we get him, won't we get him" - to the point that I'd done so much research on him, his character and what Leeds fans thought of him, that I just thought no, over hyped, too divisive, too selfish - and apart from his first season with us where he was in Grant Holt's shadow, that opinion proved correct......in my opinion :classic_smile:

Posted (edited)

The whole part where we fired Farke and then Dean Smith got fired by Villa and national media was saying that Webbo had always had a secret little fancy for Smith and had him labeled as his first choice replacement for Farke all along.

Then when Smith becomes front runner at Norwich and even went as far as getting an interview.... 
Oh how we laughed......

Oh wait... FCUK that wasnt a rumour that was for real life.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1