Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

Get Warnock

I've seen a few suggest that Knapper's chosen man might not be available until the summer, particularly if that's somebody from the Arsenal setup that isn't able or isn't willing to join while they are in a serious title challenge. That would make a lot of sense if true.

But if it is true, get Neil facking Warnock! 

He doesn't want a long term job, he admires us, likes Delia, and is perfect for steadying a ship and getting back to basics.

Guarantee this group will be easier for the next manager to work with after a Warnock reset.

• Like 1

Sad times when Warnock is a better option. But there’s no doubting that he is. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Sad times when Warnock is a better option. But there’s no doubting that he is. 

He's a Championship legend with an inarguable record and somebody who is prepared to take a short term or caretaker style job.

If we don't grab him somebody else will, Blackburn probably.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 2

This is he’s probably one of the few coaches that could actually get this squad of dinosaurs organised and get a tune out of them.

• Like 3

I suppose if Knapper is waiting until the summer to get his man, and the choices are only Wagner or Warnock until then, then its a no brainer to get Colin.

So incur a double extra cost hit to keep us mid table?    At worst hope there is a summer option to dismiss cheaply and suffer until then.    And no club is going to announce that until May.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZLF said:

So incur a double extra cost hit to keep us mid table?    At worst hope there is a summer option to dismiss cheaply and suffer until then.    And no club is going to announce that until May.

This. 👍

Costly and wasteful idea. We're better off keeping this sack of dung until the end of the season.

At least Warnock, unlike previous managers, will tell it, as it is.

Guess that’s one reason he won’t be here, as no one can rock the boat in Happy Valley!

Warnock would get a tune out of these players, he's such a positive character. Positivity is one of the reasons he is good for situations like this - he galvanises players, doesn't fill their heads with too much information and tells them to just go out and play. He is a Mr Motivator. Ideal for the rest of this season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Warnock would get a tune out of these players, he's such a positive character. Positivity is one of the reasons he is good for situations like this - he galvanises players, doesn't fill their heads with too much information and tells them to just go out and play. He is a Mr Motivator. Ideal for the rest of this season. 

I would rather get a manager that suits our passing style . I suggest Nicky Clarke, he is used to  Short , Back and sides!

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He's a spent force who should be allowed to enjoy his retirement rather than evoked by every championship club in desperate need of rescue. Just goes to show how far our fans think we have dropped for even the idiots of this forum to be throwing his name up.

Hard pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Justin time said:

I would rather get a manager that suits our passing style . I suggest Nicky Clarke, he is used to  Short , Back and sides!

What passing style? We don’t have a style let alone a passing one! Unless you’re talking about that thing we do where we get to the halfway line and slowly work our way sideways and backwards?

Edit - sorry I just re-read your post! 

Edited by Coneys Knee

I'd quite like him here tbh. Great character and if Knapper wants to play 4-4 fcuking 2 get a manager who can play direct fast football.

Anything to be a bit of positive energy to the club. I'm absolutely sick of Wagner.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He's a spent force who should be allowed to enjoy his retirement

He has stated that he has no plans to retire, his wife wanted him out of the house.

5 hours ago, ZLF said:

Would be good for our players who are contracted to be here next season to end the season with a bit of confidence, and that is worth paying for.

Barry Fry, Neil Warnock and John Sitton 'Old school managers dressing room rants part 2' on You Tube. They'd be good for the old swear box...

Only if the new coach is likely to play a Colin type game

39 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

He has stated that he has no plans to retire, his wife wanted him out of the house.

Because a man doesn't want to retire doesn't mean he shouldn't. 

15 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I've seen a few suggest that Knapper's chosen man might not be available until the summer, particularly if that's somebody from the Arsenal setup that isn't able or isn't willing to join while they are in a serious title challenge. That would make a lot of sense if true.

But if it is true, get Neil facking Warnock! 

He doesn't want a long term job, he admires us, likes Delia, and is perfect for steadying a ship and getting back to basics.

Guarantee this group will be easier for the next manager to work with after a Warnock reset.

Oh fcuk off no thanks 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He's a spent force who should be allowed to enjoy his retirement rather than evoked by every championship club in desperate need of rescue. Just goes to show how far our fans think we have dropped for even the idiots of this forum to be throwing his name up.

Hard pass.

Better to be an idiot of the forum than a self-appointed know it all....

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Better to be an idiot of the forum than a self-appointed know it all....

Which are you again? You regularly play the role of both.

2 hours ago, Justin time said:

Warnock is primarily a motivator and lets players play to their best, whatever style it is.  The naysayers just don't like the idea because he isn't a bit more cultured......but cultured is not what is needed at the moment - we want the players to start playing like we know they can!